Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting crooked

Options
  • 11-10-2015 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I always cut my traybake squares crooked no matter how hard I try to cut them straight. Is there any clever tool I can use to help me?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I do the same, no matter what way I line up the tray and the knife. I suppose a ruler and cocktail sticks to mark the distance between each cut would help but it seems like a lot of bother.
    I don't mind if the edge pieces are bigger because then I trim them and eat the edge bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That would be good as a guide if you rolled it across the top before cutting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks th283. That looks just the ticket. I was thinking along the lines of a grid type of thing but had no idea how to construct it. That cutter would fit the bill. Brilliant, thanks again.

P.S. Hmmm, just thinking about a picture frame, and tying string over and across to make the squares, but no, that's too much like work! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I read the reviews and they are a bit 50/50 so I popped onto Ebay and found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Easy-Bake-Tray-Slicer-/251836563870?hash=item3aa2a1019e

Looks interesting too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement