Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under 21 eligible?

• 11-10-2015 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Lads the under 21 club championship kicks off here tomorrow but one of the lad's is unsure if he can play... He turned 22 last week? But is there not something about the calendar year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Not eligible. End of.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Nope he's not eligible. If you turn 21 on or after January 1st, then you're eligible to play U21 for that calendar year. If you turn 21 before that, you're not.
    That's why being born late in the year can be seen as a disadvantage in underage GAA terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

It's u21 boyyyy not u22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Someone I know swears he played an U21 championship game in Wicklow, back in the day, and the opposition contained a father and son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Someone I know swears he played an U21 championship game in Wicklow, back in the day, and the opposition contained a father and son.

Not unusual there.

I saw a 5 year old play an U/21 match about 25 - 30 years ago. It was an away game and a car didnt show up. We had to have 15 to start second half and some man on the sideline said his son was a club member therefore he stood on the pitch and we had 15 to start the start the second half and not concede and we won. I have heard of plenty similar stories over the years.

This would illegal now I Believe

• Advertisement
Advertisement