Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to clean a beauty blender?

Options
  • 11-10-2015 7:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any ideas on how to clean a beauty blender? I realize that this is probably a sill question but I'm stuck.

I admit to being guilty of leaving it a bit too long in between cleaning my make up applicators, and there's quite the build up on it now. I'm tempted to just dump it and buy a new one but I'm going to have a proper go of cleaning it first.

I tried cleaning it with my brush cleaner and hot water but this didn't help at all.

Can I put it in the washing machine? Or is there a very obvious way of cleaning it that I'm missing? Sorry for the silly question, TIA for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas on how to clean a beauty blender? I realize that this is probably a sill question but I'm stuck.

I admit to being guilty of leaving it a bit too long in between cleaning my make up applicators, and there's quite the build up on it now. I'm tempted to just dump it and buy a new one but I'm going to have a proper go of cleaning it first.

I tried cleaning it with my brush cleaner and hot water but this didn't help at all.

Can I put it in the washing machine? Or is there a very obvious way of cleaning it that I'm missing? Sorry for the silly question, TIA for any replies.

Hi, I use baby shampoo but I do that daily so I'm not sure if it would work on old makeup build up, worth a try though. There's a lady on you tube that puts it in the microwave but that only removes the bacteria, don't think it actually cleans it.. Good luck
    P.s I love mine, don't think I could live without it now

What's a beauty blender ?????

What's a beauty blender ?????
    It's a makeup sponge.. I find it great for blending make up which makes it look less cakey
    http://www.beautyblender.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Elottois

You can get brush cleaners in Boots (No. 7) as well as from MAC counter and I think Bobbi Brown counters. I use this and then allow the blender to soak for little while. After soaking I will then put it under the hot water tap for a minutes.

Mine is Real Techniques, not a beauty blender branded one and I do this regularly. So far so good that it has worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I don't clean mine regularly either :o I got a face exfoliator thing in Pennys for €1 and I clean my sponge with baby shampoo and that scrubber and it's amazing. Gets it so clean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I clean mine with baby shampoo as well.

I hadn't cleaned it in awhile and couldn't get over how different it was when I cleaned it. I find if you don't clean it it doesn't expand as much.

How long does everyone's beauty blenders last?

Taboola wrote: »
    I clean mine with baby shampoo as well.

I hadn't cleaned it in awhile and couldn't get over how different it was when I cleaned it. I find if you don't clean it it doesn't expand as much.

How long does everyone's beauty blenders last?

I read somewhere you should get a new one every 3 mths

Advertisement