Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭ofcork

Some shops still very quiet was in matthews 3 people there timberland shop no one in there always seems dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cotts72

ofcork wrote: »
    Some shops still very quiet was in matthews 3 people there timberland shop no one in there always seems dead.

Do people still wear timberlands 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Do people still wear timberlands 😂

Kind of popular with country lads aged over 25. There seen as sort of a tough fellas boot but most would buy them in places such as JD Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Screwfix are hiring for a new store in Cork

No details on location

https://jobs.screwfix.com/job/Cork/branch-manager-cork/2020-1751

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Excellent, good prices online.. Would be nice to have them in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Finally a screwfix store in Cork, great selection and prices

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Wasn't there a Screwfix in Blackpool about 10 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I loved the Uneeda bookshop and its a shame to see it close.

But I am not surprised. Books piled up inside in no real order with a load of books turned so you cant even see the spine. The biggest thing is the front door was always closed and you would think it was closed. A small thing of having to open the door can put people off.

If the books were laid out alphabetically or by genre it would have a chance.

In saying all the negatives, it was a great shop and I bought loads of rare books that I never saw anywhere else. Most I have not read yet! John was always very friendly and its a rare thing now for someone to chat to you as you came in.

Sad to see it shut down as I love bookshops.
    Nearly had a weakness at the prices the TTB were charging. No wonder they're gone.

I do miss the place on Paul St and Ruiseal's. Cancer Society get good books but annoyingly have them on "window sale" on a date when I'm never around.

Personally I love going into a bookshop that has no order to it - the place on Paul St. was a favourite of mine to go in for a browse when I was younger and in college, was really sad to see it go, part of the charm was going in with no real book in mind and likely coming out with a few off the wall choices

That book shop and the mobile mini doughnut spot are my first memories of arriving in Cork for the day, great aul memories at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

I'd forgotten that bookshop on Paul St 'til you mentioned it! It really was a lucky dip type of place :)

Looks like Cafe Depeche are taking over Washington St, their other cafe is on up the street a little on the other side.

529029.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

opus wrote: »
    I'd forgotten that bookshop on Paul St 'til you mentioned it! It really was a lucky dip type of place :)

Looks like Cafe Depeche are taking over Washington St, their other cafe is on up the street a little on the other side.

529029.jpg

This should be for the developments thread, but that frontage destroys the look of those buildings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    This should be for the developments thread, but that frontage destroys the look of those buildings.

Did they get inspired by sh1tty 1990s niteclub decor?
    Awful.

Did they get inspired by sh1tty 1990s niteclub decor?
    Awful.

Its **** looking but its better than Raven stamps that was there. Chronic hoarder that fella, all 3 units were shocking to look at.

The fixtures are being cleared out of Dunnes Stores Merchants Quay at the moment. All stock cleared out. Doesn’t look like it will be reopening.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,157 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pamela Scott announces closure of half its stores nationwide

The new clothes shop is opened in Wilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

satanta99 wrote: »
    The fixtures are being cleared out of Dunnes Stores Merchants Quay at the moment. All stock cleared out. Doesn’t look like it will be reopening.

I always forget that Merchants Quay exists. What is it about that place that makes it so dead?
    The new clothes shop is opened in Wilton.

Which new clothes shop.

I can't remember the name, it's in the Swamp unit.

The new ladies clothes shop in Wilton is called Yours. They mainly sell sizes 14 up to 40!

The new ladies clothes shop in Wilton is called Yours. They mainly sell sizes 14 up to 40!

Is it Yours Clothing?

https://www.yoursclothing.ie/

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it Yours Clothing?

https://www.yoursclothing.ie/

Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sorry off topic, but does anyone know are they selling hot water bottles in Penney’s?

fin12 wrote: »
    Sorry off topic, but does anyone know are they selling hot water bottles in Penney’s?

I think my sister bought a disney one for my niece recent enough, this is the time for them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

fin12 wrote: »

Yes, saw Christmas themed ones there yesterday. Patrick st store, upstairs in underwear/ pyjamas section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Noticed a new coffee kiosk across from the carpark in the Lee Fields, good location hope they're successful.

529873.jpg

Noticed a new coffee kiosk across from the carpark in the Lee Fields, good location hope they're successful.

529873.jpg

He was on the commons road, nice fella stopped in a few times. Hope new location goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jazz_jazz

529873.jpg

Tried them last weekend and they were very busy. They've lovely coffee (Soma) and really delicious brownies/cookies etc. They seemed to be doing very well and hopefully it will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Screwfix have posted a branch manager position for their Cork store. So it must be opening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

calnand wrote: »
    Screwfix have posted a branch manager position for their Cork store. So it must be opening soon.

Anyone know where this is going to be located?

Douglas Village Shopping Centre is still on track to reopen on Nov. 12

Good to see new retail jobs coming on stream at the moment

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Taoiseach-welcomes-120-new-jobs-for-Cork-as-Douglas-Shopping-Centre-set-to-reopen-e4db7b34-06ac-4183-8b83-297393ee9c95-ds

• Advertisement

satanta99 wrote: »
    Douglas Village Shopping Centre is still on track to reopen on Nov. 12

Good to see new retail jobs coming on stream at the moment

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Taoiseach-welcomes-120-new-jobs-for-Cork-as-Douglas-Shopping-Centre-set-to-reopen-e4db7b34-06ac-4183-8b83-297393ee9c95-ds

With the year we've had I almost forgot about that place.

Advertisement