Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Heard that the Debenhams unit in Mahon point will be broken into three. That would obviously preclude rumoured tenants like Decathalon or another retailer taking over Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

snotboogie wrote: »
    Heard that the Debenhams unit in Mahon point will be broken into three. That would obviously preclude rumoured tenants like Decathalon or another retailer taking over Debenhams.

Can't see the point as there are units available already and how's the access going to work.

Strange but I guess there are three access points

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is that coffee stand by the lee fields still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Rfrip

fin12 wrote: »

Yep it is! Was there Sunday

There's a new food truck at Frank Clarkes Sarsfield road from 9am Mon to Fri..... Panco......... Pizza & Coffee....... sandwiches etc

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG2niNEpUOn/

Decent menu, very reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

fin12 wrote: »

Yep, I've passed it a few times now with fierce queues of cars. My wife was a big fan of them when they were out the Commons Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not a shop opening but does anybody know if the shopping centers are decorating for Christmas?
    I know I know I’ve skating is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Not a shop opening but does anybody know if the shopping centers are decorating for Christmas?

Yep Ballincollig have the Christmas trees up, not light yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Douglas Court and Douglas Shopping Centre were putting outside stuff up today. I saw it as I drove past.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Douglas Court and Douglas Shopping Centre were putting outside stuff up today. I saw it as I drove past.

The huge bauble was being built again outside Douglas Village SC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

Was in Mahon point last Sunday and they had all their decorations out.

Does anyone know when the new Aldi is opening in Douglas, I noticed a sign up saying that they are now recruiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Equipet pet store are recruiting for staff for a new store in Mahon Point retail park. They must be taking the former Mothercare unit

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

satanta99 wrote: »
    Equipet pet store are recruiting for staff for a new store in Mahon Point retail park. They must be taking the former Mothercare unit

I felt they could do with something like that.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the new Aldi is opening in Douglas, I noticed a sign up saying that they are now recruiting.

I was talking with the letting agents for the retail units last week and amazingly he was saying they are aiming for the end of November

I was talking with the letting agents for the retail units last week and amazingly he was saying they are aiming for the end of November

That’s sooner than I thought - Douglas will be booming in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Wow. Would be good to have works done anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

satanta99 wrote: »

Where u see this? Was looking at there listings and nothing there. Live by mahon point would be happy with it going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭rob316

End of November? Wow, they really fly up those Aldi and Lidl units

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

rob316 wrote: »
    End of November? Wow, they really fly up those Aldi and Lidl units

They've been going ninety on the place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Maxx355

Hi, would anyone know of any cafe etc that is open with outside seating around the city?

Maxx355 wrote: »
    Hi, would anyone know of any cafe etc that is open with outside seating around the city?

Not an option under L5 restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Outdoor seating is not allowed in level 5 restrictions only take away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Strictly speaking, they should be takeaway only, with no outside seating but I've seen some leave tables outside and there's nothing to stop you using public benches etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Maxx355

Thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I see fit out work starting on the finns corner unit, any idea whats going in there? I peaked through the door the other night and they were putting tiles on the wall, that would usually mean something food related.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

I see fit out work starting on the finns corner unit, any idea whats going in there? I peaked through the door the other night and they were putting tiles on the wall, that would usually mean something food related.

Wow, that wasnt long. It would be a good unit for hospitality actually. Very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Easons are moving there, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Can we get Comet Records back just over the road from Finns Corner?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Easons are moving there, apparently.

It seems a relatively small premises for them unless they're going to reconfigure it

Advertisement