Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

ofcork wrote: »
    Gone very expensive especially since covid hit.
    Really? Got it the other night. €26.15 for a 22 inch pizza (22!), large chips and delivery. compared to a restaurant its expensive but for a pizza take away i thought it was great value. been getting it for a year or two

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ofcork

Paid 24.50 last night for a 9" pizza chicken wings and a small chips delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Another large empty retail unit incoming, Top Shop company will be gone today.

.red. wrote: »
    That Guinness shop makes no sense to me...........

Huge part of this would be the advertisement value........ on what's essentially the main street (I know it's not but it's a huge footfall area) ........ likelier busier than Northern most part of Patrick Street.

Presents opportunity to draw attention to the Guinness brand where they previously had little .......... you'll have a load of kids who'll remember heading into town with mum and dad Christmas 2020 and seeing the lights and the Guinness shop !!!! I'm not at all cynical :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Regarding the Guinness Shop I can see lots of fella’s getting panicked bought novelty items for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

rob316 wrote: »
    Another large empty retail unit incoming, Top Shop company will be gone today.

Thats another big one, not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Porter's in Paul Street Shopping Centre has been refitted and is now a Twilight News shop.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2838500883049500&id=2107249179508011

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Will shops be staying open a little later for the month of December to make up on sales? I would love to head in after work but assume everywhere will be closed for 6pm. I think more late night shopping is needed in Cork city.

Will shops be staying open a little later for the month of December to make up on sales? I would love to head in after work but assume everywhere will be closed for 6pm. I think more late night shopping is needed in Cork city.

Wilton seems to be going until about nine or ten most nights apart from Sunday’s.
    Mahon is sort of normal opening hours for the moment. Essentially there Christmas hours are the same as before.
    The bigger Dunnes are staying open until 10/12 for most of December. Some doing 24 hours closer to the 25th.
    It’s hard to answer for the city shops Penney’s is 10 tonight anyway.

I’m from the country and would go to the city/centers in evening in December and places were often deserted near. This year might be different but with the amount of online shopping is done it’s hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone know now that the shops have opened again, are Paul street and north street car parks doing free parking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone know now that the shops have opened again, are Paul street and north street car parks doing free parking?

It seems so, still on their website anyway....but "under review"

http://www.corkcity.ie/en/council-services/services/parking-services/where-to-park/multi-storey-car-parks.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

Traffic wardens are hammering the city today. Never seem them so keen to cause misery, especially that muppet om the BMW bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Dbu wrote: »
    Traffic wardens are hammering the city today. Never seem them so keen to cause misery, especially that muppet om the BMW bike

Had 2 interactions with Wardens today and they couldn’t have been more courteous... seen them putting tickets on cars in loading bays which was good to see as it’s normally ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I heard Penneys Wilton is open 24 hours? Or is that just some mad whatsapp rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I heard Penneys Wilton is open 24 hours? Or is that just some mad whatsapp rumour?

Mad rumour, open till 10 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Good to hear.

There's very little more despicable than someone who parks dangerously due to their laziness, putting others at risk. Absolute rodents.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

More of this kind of thing, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Mad rumour, open till 10 I believe

Yep there are two stores in Dublin trialling 24hr, Dundrum & Blanchardstown. Just drove past Patrick street one and the queue is right back into Oliver Plunkett street. Town is really busy

Oh the anti car crowd trying to hijack another thread.

Oh the anti car crowd trying to hijack another thread.

Being a boards users has really shown me what a horrible and un caring person I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Sounds great! Hopefully they ticketed the usual footpath and cycleway parkers, people who continuously cause vulnerable road users misery and put them in danger on a daily basis, just for their own convenience and selfishness.

I don't think it's 'anti-car' to want enforcement for illegal and dangerous parking in the city. Increased enforcement on dangerous parking which blocks pedestrians, cyclists and other motorists in particular should be welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who are supposed to be doing a job doing that job shocker.

https://www.electriccocktails.com/Cocktailbox-coctailbox-58416/

Electric doing a cocktail box, look pretty cool.

Being a boards users has really shown me what a horrible and un caring person I am.

U come across as the complete opposite and that’s genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭cc

you can be pro car AND anti-langer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

People who are supposed to be doing a job doing that job shocker.

Just back from town and there are a load of cars parked in loading bays, must be hell for the shops trying to get stock in. I'm a car driver and have zero sympathy for people who park illegally. Albeit some of the car parks are pricey, there's plenty of space. I think the wardens are doing a decent job to be honest.

A.I.B in Patrick Street is closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

A.I.B in Patrick Street is closing.

Where was this announced?

Edit

Never mind just seen it...

That’s a huge space too try and fill. Do AIB own or lease the building?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

More info here: https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/companies/arid-40129670.html

Hopefully this unit will not be empty as long as the unit at the other end of Patrick Street!

Advertisement