Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pen Rua wrote: »
    It's not.

It's one half of a cooked chicken.

Similarly, it is one quarter of a cooked chicken.

Not poultry that is half way / a quarter of the way cooked.

I think the original post here referring to half cooked chickens was meant to be a joke.
    The post was deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I think the original post here referring to half cooked chickens was meant to be a joke.
    The post was deleted.

Ah. I really thought I was imagining it - good thing I'm not going mad.

The post was deleted.

They also mentioned something about the hygiene iirc.

Augeo wrote: »
    They also mentioned something about the hygiene iirc.

Yup.
    Forgot that bit.
    I reported the post as I thought it was unfair on the business to be making jokes/accusations like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You can tell me are all bored out of her bollox, whinging about no prices up.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »

You after a few cans?
    Bit early tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Who's "her"?

I don't see anyone whinging. Just commenting. That's the jist of forums, I suppose?

Mardyke wrote: »
    Who's "her"?........

I hope it's not his good lady anyway given what else he said :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Jysk have applied for planning permission for modifications to the unit where they plan to open in East Gate Little Island http://maps.corkcoco.ie/planningenquirylitev3/Default.aspx Looks like if will be the second half of the year before this store will open.

Lifestyle sports in the Capitol on Patrick's Street has been completely stripped of stock in the last couple of weeks. Could this be a sign that they are not re-opening or have they just moved all stock to their warehouse for online sales during lockdown?

They did a similar thing in Ballincollig during the first lockdown and the store never reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

satanta99 wrote: »
    Jysk have applied for planning permission for modifications to the unit where they plan to open in East Gate Little Island http://maps.corkcoco.ie/planningenquirylitev3/Default.aspx Looks like if will be the second half of the year before this store will open.

Lifestyle sports in the Capitol on Patrick's Street has been completely stripped of stock in the last couple of weeks. Could this be a sign that they are not re-opening or have they just moved all stock to their warehouse for online sales during lockdown?

They did a similar thing in Ballincollig during the first lockdown and the store never reopened.

And Mallow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭chrisd2019

And Mallow.

Add Blackpool to locations stripped of stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

chrisd2019 wrote: »
    Add Blackpool to locations stripped of stock!

Blackpool store looked empty at the best of times anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm not surprised the Mallow store closed. It was never great and when Heatons transferred over to Sport Direct it just went after a while.
    I do know Lifestyle is always selling off stock on their website so they may just get rid of stuff instead of leaving it hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

The one in Mahon point is fairly empty aswell - has been since they shut.

All that stuff is seasonal no point of leaving it go out of season and having to flog it for nothing when the stores reopen.

If I was to pick a part of retail that I think is safe as houses, it's sports shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I heard Lifestyle on Capitol is closing. I don't recall where I heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Irish sports retailer Lifestyle Sports has pivoted towards online sales in light of the coronavirus outbreak.

It has closed all of its bricks-and-mortar stores and said online sales have increased by 50%, with customers now logging on "all day" instead of after work.

Mark Stafford, CEO of Lifestyle Sports, said, "We plan to continue adapting and responding to our customers needs over the coming weeks with some online resources that will facilitate people’s need for health and wellbeing advice, at a time where gyms and team sports are on pause."
    Link

to be fair i reckon they are removing stock to sell it online, before Covid they did that as i bought a 2 piece swimsuit at an almost nothing price and it had the stores label on it (and one part of it was missing) and when i queried they said sometimes stores make a mistake when sending it back to warehouse and only send 1/2 of a 2 piece.

also to be fair to them whenever i have ordered something i have it in my hands within 24hours or less so whatever they are doing is working well.

^
    that article is from 12 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

^
    that article is from 12 months ago.

i don't think much has changed for them in the last 12 months to be fair...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

New pizza place has opened on French Church Street/Academy Street. It has replaced Drakes Bistro.

https://www.facebook.com/BellaNapolipizzaCork

• Advertisement

satanta99 wrote: »
    New pizza place has opened on French Church Street/Academy Street. It has replaced Drakes Bistro.

https://www.facebook.com/BellaNapolipizzaCork

It would seem that pizza is the new burrito/doughnut.

If Masseytown appear to be doing well, I bet there will be a copycat outlet within a few months.

None of these ideas are new but for some reason they become trends for a year or two and then fade away to a low level.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭timmyjimmy

If Masseytown appear to be doing well, I bet there will be a copycat outlet within a few months.

None of these ideas are new but for some reason they become trends for a year or two and then fade away to a low level.

How many times were burritos and donuts trending?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Burritos and doughnuts are still doing very well from what I see in my friend groups.

Huckleberrys are reopened with 'The Huck Truck' in the cricket grounds and nearly sell out every day! Sticky fingers is often busy too as is the Shack

Burritos and blues etc is usually busy enough at lunch time too.

Burritos and doughnuts are still doing very well from what I see in my friend groups.

Huckleberrys are reopened with 'The Huck Truck' in the cricket grounds and nearly sell out every day! Sticky fingers is often busy too as is the Shack

Burritos and blues etc is usually busy enough at lunch time too.

These things tend to settle down to a sustainable number of outlets.
    Burritos and Blues and Boojum are the burrito survivors but there were a few fallers, too.

But probably about 5 or 6 new pizza joints opened in the last 12 months or so - they won't all succeed.

Same with doughnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭snotboogie

These things tend to settle down to a sustainable number of outlets.
    Burritos and Blues and Boojum are the burrito survivors but there were a few fallers, too.

But probably about 5 or 6 new pizza joints opened in the last 12 months or so - they won't all succeed.

Same with doughnuts.

La Calavera still doing OK in Douglas. Isn't there another one in Dennehy's Cross still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Ah ok so that's what that is, fyi cash only according to their sign.

I noticed somebody on the other side of the road on the Mardyke looked to have set up a coffee counter from their garage yesterday evening, guess we haven't reached peak coffee just yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

snotboogie wrote: »
    La Calavera still doing OK in Douglas. Isn't there another one in Dennehy's Cross still open?

Zambrero. No idea how it stays open as everybody I know says it isn't very nice in comparison to the others and it is always empty when I walked past.

Chilld on the other hand, in the same premises, is always busy and does really nice ice-creams and milkshakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

opus wrote: »
    fyi cash only according to their sign.

Inexcusable in this day and age to not have card payments from the get go.

dulpit wrote: »
    Inexcusable in this day and age to not have card payments from the get go.

I stopped buying bread from El Door because they stopped taking card payments last year - during the pandemic!
    Back buying from Pana, now.

• Advertisement

If your not taking card your on the game simple as. Sumup machine can be set up in 5 mins and works off a mobile phone.

Advertisement