Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Think last time I looked this spot in Paul St was a juice bar.

552626.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

opus wrote: »
    Think last time I looked this spot in Paul St was a juice bar.

552626.jpg

thats been there quite a while.. dunno if it will be there for long though.. doesn't seem to do much business unfortunately :eek:

sporina wrote: »
    thats been there quite a while.. dunno if it will be there for long though.. doesn't seem to do much business unfortunately :eek:

I'll award myself 0/10 for observation in that case, was sure it was something called jump juice last time I looked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

I'll award myself 0/10 for observation in that case, was sure it was something called jump juice last time I looked :)

era its on the right as you walk in - no reason to look in that direction, unless you did want a juice.. it was a juice bar beforehand..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

JJ is gone pretty much since the start of the pandemic, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ofcork

I see hoarding gone up around a place in blackpool on thomas davis street near chemist was a video rental shop a few years ago,also no construction started further up just a pile of rubble still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

ofcork wrote: »
    I see hoarding gone up around a place in blackpool on thomas davis street near chemist was a video rental shop a few years ago,also no construction started further up just a pile of rubble still there.

There's been people in and out of it, was an African foodstore most recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

A "new" restaurant has opened called Debbie's Kitchen, seemingly co-located with Mirch Masala. They have their menus stuck up in some of the menu boards outside & in the windows. Menu is primarily wraps, burgers & salads.

https://www.debbieskitchencork.com/

The Google reviews are all 5 stars, with most coming from accounts with only 1 review.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

No sign of the Penneys planning application that was due to be lodged in April which the Examiner made a big announcement about 2 months ago. All gone quiet again - hopefully something will happen soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is the new look in opera lane open and very moda in Blackpool shopping centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »

From what I remember New Look on Opera Lane was very slow to reopen last year but it did eventually.(I think that's what your asking).

From what I remember New Look on Opera Lane was very slow to reopen last year but it did eventually.(I think that's what your asking).

Ya was very slow, so would appreciate if anyone passing could post here cause I might go into town at weekend, thanks.

Ya was very slow, so would appreciate if anyone passing could post here cause I might go into town at weekend, thanks.

Well New Look updated their business hours on Google hour days ago as being open again. If that's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

New Look is definitely open, I was in there on Monday. Not sure about Vera Moda.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

SusieBlue wrote: »
    New Look is definitely open, I was in there on Monday. Not sure about Vera Moda.

Aren’t all the bestseller shops gone from town now - Vero Moda, Vila, Jack&Jones, Selected.

From what I can tell the Debenhams strike has ended so hopefully the units can be let out to something decent enough!

Is golden discs on Patrick street open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Is golden discs on Patrick street open ?

It sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Vera Moda is open

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Any more information on Decathlon taking over the space left by Debenhams on Mahon Point?
    I recall being on their Irish website last year and said 'Cork store coming soon'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Bassfish wrote: »
    Any more information on Decathlon taking over the space left by Debenhams on Mahon Point?
    I recall being on their Irish website last year and said 'Cork store coming soon'.

Doesn't look like it. Debenhams in Mahon Point is being broken up into two units. Maybe Decathlon take one? Unlikely I'd say though. It'll be interesting to see where they end up in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Any update on Aldi in Douglas?

Regarding some of those pop up coffee boxes!
    https://twitter.com/oisinlangan/status/1395764954343657475

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭snotboogie

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Any update on Aldi in Douglas?

There are workers on site but doesn't seem to be full steam yet

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Spideoige

snotboogie wrote: »
    There are workers on site but doesn't seem to be full steam yet

Is it just me or does the blank red brick facade on the Douglas Court side not look exactly like the old cinema? All they're missing is the former Coca Cola sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ofcork

Vera moda open in blackpool alright great to see town so busy today good atmosphere and scum dont stand out as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

ofcork wrote: »
    Vera moda open in blackpool alright great to see town so busy today good atmosphere and scum dont stand out as much.

Likewise, it's good to see Mahon point busy again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

See the Pier Head Chinese in Blackrock had a nasty fire last night, one person rescued and no injuries but out if business for quite a while by the looks of it

Guess it's lucky this got permission as they've been working on it for months now even before non-essential construction was allowed!

Vacant ground floor of commercial unit in Cork city set for new lease of life

2473448_1_articlelarge_Dyke_20parade.jpg

• Advertisement

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40295345.html

Plans submitted to turn the green area next to Voxpro in Mahon into over 200 apartments.

Advertisement