Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Bad Boys BBQ is going to close, no date yet when. (Facebook)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Bottom of Shandon St where the off-license used to be.

447496.jpg

The small grocery shop just next to it has bit the dust unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Somebody is after objecting to the Aldi at the former Eurospar in Passage West!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I have heard rumours that Heatons in Blackpool is closing down. Anyone else hear anything? Hoping people just got confused with Maplin

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I have heard rumours that Heatons in Blackpool is closing down. Anyone else hear anything? Hoping people just got confused with Maplin

Flip haven't heard that at all and it would be hard to see it closing down. I think it's always very busy. Hopefully just getting confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think I have heard of other stores having closing down sales and closing for a bit of a referb and sometimes they reopened with more clothes/sportswear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They are all re opening as sports direct

Heard that too months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Anyone heard what's going into that space across from the pharmacy in Douglas Court? It's seemed to be undergoing work for months at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

MrMac84 wrote: »
    They are all re opening as sports direct

Worth keeping an eye open fro their closing down sale, i work in Dublin during the week & the one at Carrickmines has 80% off pretty much everything.

• Advertisement

Maplin has either a ton of stock in the back or it is not selling it even with their discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Harika wrote: »
    Maplin has either a ton of stock in the back or it is not selling it even with their discounts.

They’re in administration.

http://www.thejournal.ie/maplin-irish-stores-closure-2-3877089-Feb2018/?amp=1

bee06 wrote: »

I know, I pass it everyday and the shelves are still fully stocked, so either they have loads of refill or no one is buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

Yeah I think they're all closing and re-opening under a new name. Not sure what they'll be called but I know Heatons in Tralee is reopening as a combined Sports Direct/USC/Brand Max store (so sports gear, other branded clothing, and discounted designer clothing/homeware similar to TK Maxx).

Not sure if plans for the Blackpool store are the same but probably similar enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Heard on RedFM today that the three new supermacs are in fact ballyvolane (Obviously),tivoli and the bandon road i think it said the amber garage.

Also the wee "traditional" chipper in riverstown is open now. Its called o'reillys

• Registered Users Posts: 21,357 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Is O'Reilly's named after, the cowboy builder. Watch out for the moving door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Water John wrote: »

It's Séamus O'Reilly, the chap that owns various filling stations.

I believe there's a chance they will be battering the food as it's ordered in the chipper, I've never seen that over here only in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There's a nice little Brazilian café and shop opened on Barracks Street.

Brazilian coffee and snacks and also some foods to buy along with Brazilian cuts of beef.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Saw a Gino's Ice Cream open on Paul Street. Was there not meant to be one opening on Oliver Plunkett also?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Saw a Gino's Ice Cream open on Paul Street. Was there not meant to be one opening on Oliver Plunkett also?

The one on Oliver Plunkett St should be open within the next month I believe.

Paul St shop looks fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

JustLen wrote: »
    The one on Oliver Plunkett St should be open within the next month I believe.

Paul St shop looks fantastic.

Excellent! It does indeed look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Had a taste of a friends Ginos ice cream yesterday and it was really nice and creamy so looking forward to having one myself next time the sun is out around August :pac:

That said, I hope Ginos being in the city centre in two locations doesn't squeeze out Cassanovas on Sullivans Quay - really like that spot for a coffee, ice cream and a sit down.

Water John wrote: »

The Cobh chap? Nice man to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

D'Agger wrote: »

That said, I hope Ginos being in the city centre in two locations doesn't squeeze out Cassanovas on Sullivans Quay - really like that spot for a coffee, ice cream and a sit down.

I don't think I've ever seen that place open.

Shutters have always been down when I've passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Passed that place and there must have been 8 staff in there with no customers. Wonder if they'll do much business

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

clio_16v wrote: »
    Passed that place and there must have been 8 staff in there with no customers. Wonder if they'll do much business

When I passed on Sunday afternoon, they were packed, even though it wasn’t really ice cream weather anymore. Two weeks before, when the sun was out, people were queuing well out into Paul Square. If we get a good summer, they’ll likely make one hell of a killing.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

thomil wrote: »
    When I passed on Sunday afternoon, they were packed, even though it wasn’t really ice cream weather anymore. Two weeks before, when the sun was out, people were queuing well out into Paul Square. If we get a good summer, they’ll likely make one hell of a killing.

Guess it's an all or nothing business. Cassanova gelato place is insane if the sun comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Called in but thought it was very expensive. Went to Centra for a 99 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭RINO87

I was living in Galway at the time they opened up there and the place was mobbed no matter what the weather, it was a license to print money really. This place should do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

TheChizler wrote: »
    Called in but thought it was very expensive. Went to Centra for a 99 instead.

To be fair a uht cone from centra isn't the same thing.

The gelato they serve is very high quality and slightly 'healthier'

I agree it is expensive. However I dont think its bad value when you take into account the quality.

Who would have thought an ice-cream chain would do so well in Ireland!

Advertisement