Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Two places I’ve noticed have closed in the last day or two are Langford Row coffee shop and was it the Bagel Bar on OP street? The Bagel Bar seemed to be doing good biz and I thought they had just done it up recently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Salad Box opening in Douglas Village shopping centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Two places I’ve noticed have closed in the last day or two are Langford Row coffee shop and was it the Bagel Bar on OP street? The Bagel Bar seemed to be doing good biz and I thought they had just done it up recently enough.

Shame about Langford Row but I believe Alchemy is opening by the Lough soon. May be up and running already actually. Grand spot for it. Always thought Langford Row was an odd location but was busy every time I was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Do you know whereabouts Alchemy is to open near the Lough? Not really any cafes up that way so would be a great addition.

If you walk past the Lough church towards the Lough, there's a yard on your left (opposite side of the road to the Lough) that they're using I think. There's a little van, some astro turf and a few bits of seating in there atm. Part of it covered but the gate has been closed most of the time I pass so haven't had a decent look. Presume that's it!

Google maps tells me it's the corner of Lough Road and Valentine Villas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Anybody been to the new tapas bar in Marlboro Street: Rum?

https://www.facebook.com/rumbarandkitchen/

Just noticed it earlier when I was passing through town.

Menu:
    https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34704867_1713588342061441_2869238475297652736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=aaaa7aacdd8914f44a7e89afe245f937&oe=5BB5F3F7

(Such a pretty url :/)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Any update on the M&S in Douglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Do you know whereabouts Alchemy is to open near the Lough? Not really any cafes up that way so would be a great addition.

Now opened - Looks pretty cool !

https://yaycork.ie/2018/06/05/this-lovely-new-outdoor-cafe-is-exactly-what-the-lough-needed/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Apparently spar including a chopped are opening on Patrick st near mcdonalds.

ofcork wrote: »
    Apparently spar including a chopped are opening on Patrick st near mcdonalds.

That'd be the shop that used be Game. The narrow one with entrances on Patrick St and Paul St. Work ongoing atm. Planning application was submitted by the person that owns the Glasheen/Wilton Maxol which also has a Chopped in it so would all make sense!

Not a Chopped fan myself but good to see something opening there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

That'd be the shop that used be Game. The narrow one with entrances on Patrick St and Paul St. Work ongoing atm. Planning application was submitted by the person that owns the Glasheen/Wilton Maxol which also has a Chopped in it so would all make sense!

It'll have an effect on Loving Salads on Washington St I'd imagine. Which is a pity because it's so much better.

Quite possibly but Loving Salads seem to a roaring trade at both their branches and farmers markets too. Hopefully the quality will out!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Any idea when it's opening??

Any idea when it's opening??

I don't but there are signs up on the Paul Street side now (I wasn't on Patrick St but presume it's up there too) and the fit out looked pretty advanced at a glance walking past so I would imagine it'll be pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Looks like its in the Maxol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yeah they're doing some renovations at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Maplin closed yesterday.

M&S Douglas extension is opening on Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Harika wrote: »
    Maplin closed yesterday.
    Most of that stuff is now bought online I reckon.
    Haven't gone onto Maplin in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Osho (?) on Barrack Street, ex Derby.
    Bar, I think?

Anybody have any more info?

Would be great since I live around the corner :)

https://yaycork.ie/2018/06/27/this-new-city-pub-is-home-to-its-very-own-therapeutic-tea-counter/

This is all I've seen about it! Would be interested to know more but doesn't seem to be much online. Even searching "Osho Cork" on Facebook just shows up a meditation group!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,042 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its only open about a week still on a soft opening not officially open yet. They done a great job with the pub, really nice interior. Absolutely rammed at the weekend it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bookshelf coffee opening under the elysian

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Hannah Bawn’s opened a few weeks ago on Gurranabraher Road.

Can’t remember the name of the old bar that closed there a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Can anyone tell me where exactly near the Lough is the new cafe that was mentioned recently on this thread?I can't remember the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Bookshelf coffee opening under the elysian
    Nice to see something other than the generic coffee chains opening. Bookshelf is definitely in expansion mode as they recently opened an outlet in Tralee too!    The name is a bit of a strange choice for a coffee operator though....

ongarboy wrote: »
    Nice to see something other than the generic coffee chains opening. Bookshelf is definitely in expansion mode as they recently opened an outlet in Tralee too!    The name is a bit of a strange choice for a coffee operator though....

Always presumed it was because the South Mall/Pembroke Street café was a former library.

Certainly looks a little strange for the other locations, though.

But, delighted they are expanding. Really nice spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Colser wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where exactly near the Lough is the new cafe that was mentioned recently on this thread?I can't remember the name of it.

It's called Alchemy, another branch of the café on Barrack Street. It's on the Lough Road, on your left as you come down from the church towards the Lough. Nice spot, have only been once but it was very busy. Most of the seating is outside so I'd say it's packed this week.

• Advertisement

It's called Alchemy, another branch of the café on Barrack Street. It's on the Lough Road, on your left as you come down from the church towards the Lough. Nice spot, have only been once but it was very busy. Most of the seating is outside so I'd say it's packed this week.

Nice spot. Have been 3 or 4 times now and always managed to find a seat. Worst case scenario, get it to go and plonk on the grass at the Lough too! :cool:

Advertisement