Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

rob316 wrote: »
    Its frozen yoghurt.

Nice! Prefer it to ice cream to be honest. A nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,040 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nice! Prefer it to ice cream to be honest. A nice change.

Its very good too. You fill up your cup yourself from the whippy machines, add your topping and its weighed then. There is a maximum price you pay per cup about €5 I think, so its not cheap but something different as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Its very good too. You fill up your cup yourself from the whippy machines, add your topping and its weighed then. There is a maximum price you pay per cup about €5 I think, so its not cheap but something different as you said.

Oh my :eek: yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

So this has just opened in Douglas Village Shopping Centre:
    http://www.saladbox.ie/

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/salad-box-opens-first-irish-restaurant-in-cork-856025.html

Looks interesting. Salads, soups, healthy granola/chia based deserts/breakfasts, smoothies and juices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Anyone know whats going in the Awear site on patrick st ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Anyone know whats going in the Awear site on patrick st ?

JD Sports expansion isn't it?

That's the spot next to the Savoy/Three isn't it? If so, JD Sports are expanding into the unit. Link somewhere on the last few pages.

JD Sports expansion isn't it?

That's the spot next to the Savoy/Three isn't it? If so, JD Sports are expanding into the unit. Link somewhere on the last few pages.
    Is that confirmed its a sports store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Yes I mentioned it a few pages back jd expansion from the Savoy into a wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

RACHEL'S TO CLOSE FOR REFURB BY NEW INVESTORS

The Neil Prendeville Show has learned that Rachel's restaurant on Washington Street is to close for 10 weeks. It's understood the operation has attracted new investors who are keen to undertake a major refurbishment of the current premises. It's unclear whether all existing staff members will be retained however it's understood there will be a number of job opportunities when the venue reopens. Some staff will also be retained over the coming weeks to run the ‘Back Garden’ bar, which will remain open throughout the refurbishment. Below is a statement from Rachel's. More on the story tomorrow.

1850 104 106 / neil@redfm.ie

'Rachels' restaurant and bar in Cork today confirmed that the venue is to undergo a major refurbishment programme over the coming months. The work will start on the 8th August and is expected to take approximately 10 weeks to complete.
    While the main restaurant area will be closed to facilitate the work the Back Garden bar at Rachel's will be open throughout offering patrons a full food and drink offering in the bar as well as in its recently opened Al Fresco terrace. Commenting on the news Rachel Allen commented ' we are really delighted that the venue is to benefit from such an investment and are excited to be getting started with the refurbishment work which we believe will deliver a whole new experience for our customers'

So the rumours were true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,040 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Harika wrote: »
    So the rumours were true

The rumours were Monty was done with it, but she obviously got new investors. They owe millions to creditors, they'll probably wind up the old company (Moscato) and start afresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

The rumours were Monty was done with it, but she obviously got new investors. They owe millions to creditors, they'll probably wind up the old company (Moscato) and start afresh.

I wonder will the suppliers be fully paid up before the wind up?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Dbu wrote: »
    I wonder will the suppliers be fully paid up before the wind up?:cool:

Indeed.
    I also wonder if vouchers will be honoured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Hope the staff got more notice than that, it's not a good time of year to be looking for restaurant work and the fact it's opening again after ten weeks means I wouldn't fancy their chances of signing on.

Indeed.
    I also wonder if vouchers will be honoured.

They are still open till the eight of August, so would use them before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Collio729

M&S extension in Douglas Village SC is finally open. Aldi passage west also opened last thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Has super drug opened in black pool?

fin12 wrote: »
    Has super drug opened in black pool?

No

Does anyone know when Superdrug in Blackpool is supposed to open?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

If you have a medical card, please support your local pharmacy over the chains.

By all means buy your cosmetics in boots/etc but spend your drug prescription in local.

PS : I'm not a pharmacist and have no connection with. Just trying to be an astute customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,357 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Not sure why you single pharmacies out. They've done very well over the years. Great margin. I think, from memory the avg, turnover is €1.5m/yr with €250K net profit.

Should I do a shout for all the ind pizza venues as opposed to the franchises?
    Customer decides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    If you have a medical card, please support your local pharmacy over the chains.

By all means buy your cosmetics in boots/etc but spend your drug prescription in local.

PS : I'm not a pharmacist and have no connection with. Just trying to be an astute customer.

I don't think Superdrug typically have a pharmacy in their shops.

I buy a particular product from Superdrug, was in Limerick today and Superdrug doesn’t open till 2pm so couldn’t wait. Really f*cking annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I see the Time Traveller's Bookshop is gone, or at least their Cork City outlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I see the Time Traveller's Bookshop is gone, or at least their Cork City outlet.

Gone for a few months now, sadly.

That and Liam Russels went earlier this year but there's a new community bookshop open on Father Mathew Quay where the Together For Yes campaign office was, near Holy Trinity Church and the Meitheal Mara office.

Haven't been in there, just spotted something online so no reports back.

Gone for a few months now, sadly.

That and Liam Russels went earlier this year but there's a new community bookshop open on Father Mathew Quay where the Together For Yes campaign office was, near Holy Trinity Church and the Meitheal Mara office.

Haven't been in there, just spotted something online so no reports back.

tbf if they have a mail order online presence, I don't see the point of having a physical shop as well from a balance sheet POV.
    They would have had a few books I would have been interested in, but nearly had a weakness at some of the prices, could get the same ones on Amazon for way less.

tbf if they have a mail order online presence, I don't see the point of having a physical shop as well from a balance sheet POV.
    They would have had a few books I would have been interested in, but nearly had a weakness at some of the prices, could get the same ones on Amazon for way less.

Maybe not for the Shops but for the city a well sorted book shop is gold for tourism as tourists tend to bring books home and give them away what advertises Cork to the world. Waterstone and Vibes&Scribes are doing a great job here

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

New pizza place opening on princes street near the cork arts shop next month

jackrussel wrote: »
    Are you sure its not an ice cream place? :D

jackrussel wrote: »

There's a new pizza place, with the hipstery name of Sliced, opened around Parnell Place.

As we already have Chopped, what next, a place called Mashed or Boiled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

There's a new pizza place, with the hipstery name of Sliced, opened around Parnell Place.

As we already have Chopped, what next, a place called Mashed or Boiled?

Is it another Sliced? Didn't enjoy it at all the time I went there.

Advertisement