Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

Is it another Sliced? Didn't enjoy it at all the time I went there.

Its this gang that are opening on Princes St

https://www.oakfirepizza.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Cork to get a new music venue
    Cork city is about to get a new music venue. The Venue, part of a new integrated Hanover Quarter, will have a standing capacity of 600 and a fully seated capacity of 400. Being developed by Paul Montgomery of Reardens, it will sit alongside an existing sports bar and what will become a new tequila bar on the site of the old glass factory on Hanover Street. The first concerts are scheduled for September, with the likes of Coolio, the Riptide Movement, and the Hothouse Flowers already lined up to perform.

Extremely positive news in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 18,040 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dbu wrote: »
    Its this gang that are opening on Princes St

https://www.oakfirepizza.ie/

They do a decent pie to be fair, had it in Clon before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

snotboogie wrote: »

Upstairs in Reardens was a great spot for live bands in e late 80's / early 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That’s replacing the club in the old Cubins building isn’t it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Upstairs in Reardens was a great spot for live bands in e late 80's / early 90's.

The only band I ever saw there was Bjorn Again.
    Who else played there? I don't really remember it as a gig venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Both the Market Tavern and the Hub on Anglesea Street/Copley Street have been closed the last few times I have passed. However, there seems to be some work being done in the Market. Anyone know what's happening there?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Both the Market Tavern and the Hub on Anglesea Street/Copley Street have been closed the last few times I have passed. However, there seems to be some work being done in the Market. Anyone know what's happening there?

The Echo had a piece on the Long Table dinner on the South Mall a few weeks ago and one of the participants said they are part of a group renovating the Market Tavern into a neighbourhood pub hoping to open by the August Bank Holiday Weekend.

https://www.eveningecho.ie/life/Aprons-on-sleeves-rolled-up-for-420-diners-2eb4506e-594c-49c9-8883-96c0e5d5da4d-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

The only band I ever saw there was Bjorn Again.
    Who else played there? I don't really remember it as a gig venue.

Royal Flush, Double Vision, Thief of Hearts, Bog the Donkey, Mick Hanley, John Kenny... just a few that I can remember seeing off the top of my head. There were some great (cover) bands doing the Irish circuit back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Does anybody know what is going into the old O'Donovan's off license in Bishopstown? There seems to be a clear out and building work going on at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Royal Flush, Double Vision, Thief of Hearts, Bog the Donkey, Mick Hanley, John Kenny... just a few that I can remember seeing off the top of my head. There were some great (cover) bands doing the Irish circuit back then.

Ah, that would explain why I wasn't at gigs there.
    That was't my scene at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

A guy was on with neil p yesterday he is reopening both also with some sort of deli inbetween.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

There's a new pizza place, with the hipstery name of Sliced, opened around Parnell Place.

As we already have Chopped, what next, a place called Mashed or Boiled?

I would goto a mashed potato place....large mash and gravy to take out please :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

I think the owner died a couple months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Does anybody know what is going into the old O'Donovan's off license in Bishopstown? There seems to be a clear out and building work going on at present.

Camille Thai

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/camile-thai-eyes-expansion-in-london-cork-and-dublin-1.3575428%3fmode=amp

I was just on Washington st and I saw hassets bakery gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Bark & Bumble, the new dog friendly cafe is opening this week. As a dog owner and lover I'm excited for this. I think it's a fantastic idea for Cork, think it'll do really well!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Bark & Bumble, the new dog friendly cafe is opening this week. As a dog owner and lover I'm excited for this. I think it's a fantastic idea for Cork, think it'll do really well!

Ooh, do you know where?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Ooh, do you know where?

Just across the road from Paddy the Farmers. I think it's Wednesday they open, they're quite active with updates on Facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

ofcork wrote: »
    I was just on Washington st and I saw hassets bakery gone.

From looking at their Facebook page, it seems they now have a stall in the English Market.

• Advertisement

it looks like the new unit in Douglas Court is a soap shop, not the Donnybrook Farm some were speculating about here haha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

it looks like the new unit in Douglas Court is a soap shop, not the Donnybrook Farm some were speculating about here haha

Is it the ones with the pushy sales assisants?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

Kerry25x wrote: »

I hear their bark is worse than their bite.........Im off:p

Is it the ones with the pushy sales assisants?
    I can't remember the name and I had never heard of them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,040 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Next craze has begun. Froyo/frozen yoghurt

One opening on Castle St and another on Oliver Plunkett/Grand Parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭timtim2016

Any idea what's going into Mahon point above boots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

There was a post a few pages back saying that Smiggle were moving from their current unit into it but I hadn't heard anything myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you look at the floor on the Mahon Website Smuggle is in the unit where the outdoor gear shop was a few months ago and their small unit just says vacant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Heard that instead of taking up the 3 units by Dunnes in Blackpool, Superdrug is going into Bookstation’s unit, Bookstation are moving into two of the units beside Dunnes, and a cafe is opening up in the old Cafe Dunmar unit. Don’t know what cafe yet though.

• Advertisement

Is flame on Washington st gone as well?

Advertisement