Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Yep, that's closed a good few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Is the frozen yogurt place now open?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

O'Sullivans pub in Douglas are applying for planning to change the two upstairs apartments into a restaurant....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Went by on Friday and was still being worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

The one on Castle street is open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Supermacs Tivoli on the lower glanmire road is opening on Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/SupermacsTivoli/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,040 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Heard that instead of taking up the 3 units by Dunnes in Blackpool, Superdrug is going into Bookstation’s unit, Bookstation are moving into two of the units beside Dunnes, and a cafe is opening up in the old Cafe Dunmar unit. Don’t know what cafe yet though.

Work on Superdrug has started. As I said before, they have taken up the Cafe Dunmar,Mannix and Vero Moda units next to Dunnes.

Sam McCauley not happy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Shame to see any small business shut. Tough environment out there. Can't say I was a fan of the place but it is unfortunate to see it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Shame to see any small business shut. Tough environment out there. Can't say I was a fan of the place but it is unfortunate to see it go.

Yeah I hate to see local places close. It was never really busy any time you’d pass. The Italian in Mahon Point seems to be gone too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yeah I hate to see local places close. It was never really busy any time you’d pass. The Italian in Mahon Point seems to be gone too.

The place in Mahon was only okay when I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Reckon something like TGI Fridays would kill in that location in Mahon

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont think anything other than a big franchise could survive in that space where the Italian was in MP.

TGI's as said above, maybe Five Guys could pull it off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

D'Agger wrote: »
    Reckon something like TGI Fridays would kill in that location in Mahon

TGI Fridays has already failed in that very location. It used occupy there and Nando’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

TGI Fridays has already failed in that very location. It used occupy there and Nando’s.

Dont think it was a TGI Fridays, it was something similar though.

Edit - It was Bennigans

When was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I don't think you're correct on that one, from a quick google it seems there was a place called Bennigans previously - similar vein but not the same big brand draw that I think TGI would be *Edit - as pointed out by Xabi*

I know I'd go to TGI for some grub before a movie over the Italian spot, or a desert and a coffee over HB swirl & Starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Check out this job at Gumtree: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/802706164

Camile Thai opening in Bishopstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭Deub

Looks like Makan in Washington street has closed.

Deub wrote: »

Surprised it lasted that long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭monkeycork

A bit off topic. Could anyone name the restaurant that was at the same site as where dinos chip shops is now located in South Douglas Road near Patrick's woollen mills in Douglas in the mid 1980s?

monkeycork wrote: »
    A bit off topic. Could anyone name the restaurant that was at the same site as where dinos chip shops is now located in South Douglas Road near Patrick's woollen mills in Douglas in the mid 1980s?

Have no idea but you might get an answer over here if nobody knows here.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=129886820361710&ref=content_filter

Have no idea but you might get an answer over here if nobody knows!

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=129886820361710&ref=content_filter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Windjammers I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

Deub wrote: »

I wasn't surprised that flame closed because it was rubbish but this place was really excellent although it was regularly a very quiet for some reason that's a real shame

mire wrote: »
    I wasn't surprised that flame closed because it was rubbish but this place was really excellent although it was regularly a very quiet for some reason that's a real shame

Market is saturated with Asian Street food places, someone's got to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Windjammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

opus wrote: »
    Windjammers I think.

Well remembered.
    That would have driven me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Anyone been to the new Indian restaurant in Ballincollig? It's called Royal Bengal Curry House and is where Lal Quila used to be (so I'm guessing it's the same owners).

Also in Ballincollig, Sam's Burger is now called something else.

• Advertisement

I saw somebody Tweeted Mahon about the Italian restaurant closing and they replied saying it was closed until further notice.

Advertisement