Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

That's him had the capitol as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

JupiterKid wrote: »
    ...exact same thing happened to Clerys in Dublin. Local authorities must be given powers to enforce the redevelopment of acquired buildings or sites within a minimum time frame or penalise the developers/owners.

whatever about Clearys and the staff getting fcuked over, you cant force someone to develop their property, other than levying a derelict site tax

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Water John wrote: »
    Jupiter, Wilton is being offered for sale with a guide of €86M. Nobody is being forced to buy it. If he can't get that, he either lets it go for less or holds onto it.

The Hospital should buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

The hospital can't buy life saving equipment and the staff to operate them, let alone a near €100m shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

.red. wrote: »
    The hospital can't buy life saving equipment and the staff to operate them, let alone a near €100m shopping centre

What life saving equipment were they denied the funds to buy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Do we really want the HSE spending €86m on a shopping centre?? Having said that though, they can't run a health service so retail might be their forté.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Water John wrote: »
    Jupiter, Wilton is being offered for sale with a guide of €86M. Nobody is being forced to buy it. If he can't get that, he either lets it go for less or holds onto it.

Forgive my ignorance, but where or what is Jupiter? (no funny comments)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

who_me wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but where or what is Jupiter? (no funny comments)

Surely Water John was responding the poster JupiterKid a few posts up?

Or have I totally misread this?!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Exactly what happened :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

My thinking behind the reason for placing Wilton up for sale, is no different to a homeowner waiting to get full planning permission for a new larger house on the site of their existing little bungalow.

Selling the site on the potential, rather than what's physically there right now.

I think it's a smart move, a project like that could easily go over budget or fail to raise the full capital in the wrong hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

My thinking behind the reason for placing Wilton up for sale, is no different to a homeowner waiting to get full planning permission for a new larger house on the site of their existing little bungalow.

Selling the site on the potential, rather than what's physically there right now.

I think it's a smart move, a project like that could easily go over budget or fail to raise the full capital in the wrong hands.

The only problem is they do not have full planning permission. And probably won't have for some time yet. This will be appealed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

:D Jesus. I'm not an internet noob, honest!

Next question: what's Bull Black Nova?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

who_me wrote: »
    :D Jesus. I'm not an internet noob, honest!

Next question: what's Bull Black Nova?

A car. A chevy nova, in the colour 'bull Black.' it inspired a wilco song, which I happened to be listening to when choosing a user name!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Are Ernest & co gone from sober lane? All the walls are stripped, monkeys gone from outside - place looks very bare last few times I’ve been in there. Is it new owners or just redecorating?

I see a hairdresser/barbers open on the corner of parliament st/south mall and starbucks on pana finally closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

jackrussel wrote: »
    Are Ernest & co gone from sober lane? All the walls are stripped, monkeys gone from outside - place looks very bare last few times I’ve been in there. Is it new owners or just redecorating?

I think it’s just a refurb

• Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

EZ Living are opening in the Retail Park at Mahon!

I see Edinburgh woollen mills shop in merchants quay is closing slot of empty units there redevelopment needs to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,040 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ofcork wrote: »
    I see Edinburgh woollen mills shop in merchants quay is closing slot of empty units there redevelopment needs to happen.

That's why they are closing it's part of the redevelopment

This is a new restaurant that opened in Blackpool shopping center!

42164646_10155844965400488_3824641026736259072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&oh=dc8df0c6d7d5ab8f21f7420d7bddb9a7&oe=5C2E03FC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

This is a new restaurant that opened in Blackpool shopping center!

Walked past it a few times, they need a new lighting package as the place feels very dark and subsequently a bit unwelcoming. Narrow layout doesn't help either, it was better before. Has a canteen vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Walked past it a few times, they need a new lighting package as the place feels very dark and subsequently a bit unwelcoming. Narrow layout doesn't help either, it was better before. Has a canteen vibe.

I was wondering, I thought this was part of the three parts that should go to Superdrugs?

Harika wrote: »
    I was wondering, I thought this was part of the three parts that should go to Superdrugs?

Its actually 2 units superdrug are taking. It'll be the same size as Sam McCauley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Halloween shop/event opening in Blackpool where Maplin was. Very sure that this is only a temporary thing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Harika wrote: »
    Halloween shop/event opening in Blackpool where Maplin was. Very sure that this is only a temporary thing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

rob316 wrote: »
    That's why they are closing it's part of the redevelopment

Where did you hear that? There has been nothing on the redevelopment since it was meant to start in Jan of this year..

Does anybody know what is opening in Mahon?
    42629115_2108930102473539_4754315955272679424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&oh=72739031dc564ae6f7915b746eee0be9&oe=5C544F04

Opening at 10am Tommorow!
    42638803_10155861471260488_6333965425927258112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=5ee4199831dfd9f4f43e8f432546c810&oe=5C29D352

snotboogie wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? There has been nothing on the redevelopment since it was meant to start in Jan of this year..

It's in the original plans, they are dumping the small units in favour of redeveloping into larger units to entice larger brands in there. It's not easy getting rid of long term tenants it takes time.

Hope they do something good with, it's a real waste as it is.

• Advertisement

Another one of those Halloween shops are opening at 110 Patrick Street near the three shop.

Advertisement