Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Couldn't see it posted but Born are opening in the old play area in Douglas Village SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Couldn't see it posted but Born are opening in the old play area in Douglas Village SC.

Salad Box seems to be finally catching on a bit in Douglas Village SC too after an extremely slow start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Chinese Gourmet Restaurant opened at the corner of Thomas Davis Street recently.

Been there a few times and the food is really beautiful and prices are very reasonable.

Highly recommend here!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The resteraunt in Mahon in opening in 2019. o idea what it is tough.

Chinese Gourmet Restaurant opened at the corner of Thomas Davis Street recently.

Been there a few times and the food is really beautiful and prices are very reasonable.

Highly recommend here!

What’s it called? Is it actual Chinese food or more of the same “Chinese” food for the Irish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

snotboogie wrote: »
    What’s it called? Is it actual Chinese food or more of the same “Chinese” food for the Irish?

Thats its actual name i think.

snotboogie wrote: »

Highly recommend here!

It is called 'Chinese Gourmet'

It is the latter I guess but extremely tasty food in there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

The corner of Thomas Davis St. and what other street?

Mardyke wrote: »
    The corner of Thomas Davis St. and what other street?

Dublin Street.

1 Thomas House,Thomas Davis Street is the exact address!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Polonez opened in the Blackpool shopping center, next to AIB and I think there is also work going on for another booze shop next to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Dwyer’s on Washington St is finally opening today!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The lads from Caribou in Galway are opening a new bar in Cork, Impala I think it is. Formerly Cavanaghs of Liberty St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

The lads from Caribou in Galway are opening a new bar in Cork, Impala I think it is. Formerly Cavanaghs of Liberty St.
    Caribou is some spot in Galway, one of my favourite bars back home. They have a fantastic beer variety and constantly have new taps, bottles and guests in. Looking forward to this!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Caribou is some spot in Galway, one of my favourite bars back home. They have a fantastic beer variety and constantly have new taps, bottles and guests in. Looking forward to this!

Can't believe I missed this spot on my recent residence in Galway.

Looking forward to checking out the Cork enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Caribou is great, my OH lives in Galway and we regularly visit. They do a really good beer selection. It is a boost for that side of the city as the only similar place is on raven terrace on the other side and not as well stocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

This is great news - is there an opening date? Or even a Facebook page to follow!

I searched Impala and all I got was Tame Impala fan pages... :confused:

This is great news - is there an opening date? Or even a Facebook page to follow!

I searched Impala and all I got was Tame Impala fan pages... :confused:

https://www.facebook.com/Impala-Cork-2009137779385155/ I'm guessing this is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

The new Maldron Hotel on the South Mall opened today, looks great!

20181220-161855.jpg

20181220-161905.jpg

20181220-161910.jpg

20181220-161921.jpg

20181220-162037.jpg

Judging by their Facebook page, they opened last night.

Anyone been in yet?

Caribou shared this: https://www.facebook.com/caribougalway/posts/2511419245754206?__xts__[0]=68.ARAwHjNEzwV2eK3EPFS5Le9-XK2hMj6QRSORJByRWCZumsEyyZQgl26FH5GRq3l-9psuK2QlYVT4Cb7VhwFhbkxFhUlurtpE7SYcB3kC1--wvVeW_1O9ze1NyQAzvR_F_LYULx3_ynWBno-KsWdGzZgfC7k5rBRIDK85GxPp_Nj2aZcedYmy9Uuf9rbSVIdVmN8tOKDvauOIUgufqFGcq6XMyqtkgpAH3yWhFdxbC5xNpUFEg0t7M6D_X5sb-IiznOnTr1KUw2fT2yiyP1EHEJfi5PoZcKcSaSNrYaLc8Sy0FnMhshzACq-iJoszFa5qDWtdHwRN1zAu49muqepXbJUQklrK&__tn__=-R (Nightmare trying to direct link to a FB post!)

• Advertisement

A new gym (One Lift Fitness) has opened just off of Popes Quay, beside John Buckley sport. Their website and Instagram have minimal photos of the place as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Bento Sushi is going into the town place where Huckleberries was.

Harika wrote: »

That's nice! If that's the same brand as the UK, they will be a comfortable number two, behind Miyazaki, as the best sushi in Cork. First one in the country too I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://ninjasushibento.ie/

That's the Cork one - open January 10 according to Google.

Doesn't look like the same branding as the UK Sushi Bento but hopefully it lasts. Always good to see occupied busy buildings!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

None confirmed yet but this Dannish store(jysk) plans to open 15 stores in next few years so chances are one will be in Cork.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/business/danish-home-retail-giant-jysk-to-open-15-stores-895357.html?fbclid=IwAR3_mo_PqZZDw9O5YFWOrDVXPvO3pxpKd3DTpG_Z-RuHDCdgGaAmFHF8IKc

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

http://ninjasushibento.ie/

That's the Cork one - open January 10 according to Google.

Doesn't look like the same branding as the UK Sushi Bento but hopefully it lasts. Always good to see occupied busy buildings!
    They must be open already as I saw someone in the lift in my building with food from there yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Harika wrote: »

Would not mind trying there hot food.

But I am wondering were do they have room to make the hot food?.

As it's tiny inside there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Says on that sushi website that their premises is at 1 Grand Parade - Huckleberrys was on South Terrace wasn't it? Also, 1 Grand Parade seems to be Centra...

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

leahyl wrote: »
    Says on that sushi website that their premises is at 1 Grand Parade - Huckleberrys was on South Terrace wasn't it? Also, 1 Grand Parade seems to be Centra...
    Huckleberries also had a shop opposite the Roundy, beside the 3 shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Huckleberries also had a shop opposite the Roundy, beside the 3 shop

They did?! I had no idea! That's obviously where it is then lol, my apologies

Advertisement