Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Agreed, both the Lough and Fitzgerald's Park are in need of a nice cafe... I hope they find somewhere to open up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I follow various animal pages online and all these pet cafes don't seem to last long.

I prefer doggie pubs anyway. Doggie people tend to be nice people.

(sorry, I'm bringing things OT)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Sad to see Bark and Bumble gone, very niche market they're going for and we've seen countless places fail in that location. You'd think with the South Infermary being next door they'd do some decent trade but realistically they're not close enough to the centre to do enough business to stay afloat.

Was in Dolce on Plunkett St. yesterday, nice coffee, came with a proitto roll on the side which was lovely and a lady walked in with her lovely dog so got some pets & scritches in too - great experience and I didn't have to wander out of town for it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

D'Agger wrote: »
    Sad to see Bark and Bumble gone, very niche market they're going for and we've seen countless places fail in that location. You'd think with the South Infermary being next door they'd do some decent trade but realistically they're not close enough to the centre to do enough business to stay afloat.

Was in Dolce on Plunkett St. yesterday, nice coffee, came with a proitto roll on the side which was lovely and a lady walked in with her lovely dog so got some pets & scritches in too - great experience and I didn't have to wander out of town for it.

I pass that corner every morning on my way to work. I think there was a cafe there before Bark and Bumble as well that didn't last long. You'd think with the hospital close by there would be some hope. I'd be nervous opening another cafe there after a few others previously failed.

On a side note I don't mind seeing dogs in cafes. I saw it a few times in France where cafes seemed to have a resident dog in the corner or a cat that would stop by. One place we went had a lovely little dog who'd wonder over for a pet when you came in but he'd leave you alone then. Never begged for food or anything. I know some people would be horrified at the thoughts of this but I didn't mind it. We have always had dogs at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,357 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Dogs know if you are regularly around dogs as they smell them off you and don't see you as a threat then. Think we are too EHO driven on some of these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I follow various animal pages online and all these pet cafes don't seem to last long.

They had a cat cafe in Dublin once, unsurprisingly someone robbed one of their cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,357 ✭✭✭✭Water John

What do they taste like?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Water John wrote: »
    What do they taste like?

Chicken.

The bigger Jack and Jones is opening the 11th of April in Mahon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

In town a while ago and Vodafone shop on Patrick st gone also a place empty just up from the GPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I prefer doggie pubs anyway. Doggie people tend to be nice people.

(sorry, I'm bringing things OT)

Can you recommend any pubs etc that welcome dogs? I know Fionnbarra's in Douglas Street do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

The bigger Jack and Jones is opening the 11th of April in Mahon.

Any news on the restaurant in MP?

happyday wrote: »
    Can you recommend any pubs etc that welcome dogs? I know Fionnbarra's in Douglas Street do.

Impala. Usually a few friendly doggies in there.

snotboogie wrote: »
    Any news on the restaurant in MP?

No jobs up yet and there's nothing in the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

No jobs up yet and there's nothing in the news.

Hmm, I wonder if they actually have someone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

happyday wrote: »

Bierhaus, Abbot's ale House, Maureen's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Any news on a Superdrug opening in Cork, I thought someone he said was supposed to open in Blackpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭blindsider

http://eden-medical.ie/

Opening beside Zambrero in Dennehy's Cross.....soon.

Good to see a unit being occupied there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Agreed, both the Lough and Fitzgerald's Park are in need of a nice cafe... I hope they find somewhere to open up again.

There is a cafe in Fitzgerald’s park... natural food bakery. It is by the sky garden area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

blindsider wrote: »
    http://eden-medical.ie/

Opening beside Zambrero in Dennehy's Cross.....soon.

Good to see a unit being occupied there.

This is the clinic I currently go to, they're just moving premises. They outgrew their previous one due to how big the demand was.
    It'll definitely bring a lot of footfall to the area, they're always crazy busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

pwurple wrote: »
    There is a cafe in Fitzgerald’s park... natural food bakery. It is by the sky garden area.

Further to this Alchemy have a cafe at the Lough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

calnand wrote: »
    Further to this Alchemy have a cafe at the Lough.

Closed, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That was shut down by the Food Safety Authority last year but I believe the plan was to correct the issues and get it up and running again for this year. Not sure if that is happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

pwurple wrote: »

Unfortunately, it's not great. In my opinion.

Last time we were there, 1x cappuccino was like milk and 3x hot chocolates were cold. The place could do with a bit of a tidy up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

SusieBlue wrote: »
    This is the clinic I currently go to, they're just moving premises. They outgrew their previous one due to how big the demand was.
    It'll definitely bring a lot of footfall to the area, they're always crazy busy.

Lot of botox needed on Model Farm Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

The old Centra Store on Main street Douglas has an 'opening soon' sign in the window (again !)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

The old Centra Store on Main street Douglas has an 'opening soon' sign in the window (again !)

Sign has been there for a few years. They painted it up a bit, but there is definitely nothing happening there

Mardyke wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's not great. In my opinion.

Last time we were there, 1x cappuccino was like milk and 3x hot chocolates were cold. The place could do with a bit of a tidy up too.

They are one of the best places in the cork for a sandwich imo, well the one in the city center is and I’m sure they make the exact same sandwiches out there. Used get lunch there a few times a week when I was in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Dbu wrote: »
    Sign has been there for a few years. They painted it up a bit, but there is definitely nothing happening there

this seems to be a new one unless they took it down during repaint

Advertisement