Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

They have been talking about opening a cafe for a while. I hope so as they said they would be doing proper kunafe with nabulsi cheese. The kunafe in sultan cafe is pretty poor unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

They have been talking about opening a cafe for a while. I hope so as they said they would be doing proper kunafe with nabulsi cheese. The kunafe in sultan cafe is pretty poor unfortunately.

Cha and Miah used to have the same grievance about kunafe as well. They were very particular about the nabulsi! :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

It has to be nabulsi :D some places just use mozzarella and it turns into a rock as it cools instead of being creamy. I did try a home hack of mixing ashta/clotted cream with mozz which helped but it just isn't the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Jesus!

Unlikely to be the top-brass, more likely one of his subordinates..

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Anyone know what is going on with Liam Russels? Looks like work is going on in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

56980686_10156394283516925_9000185384168062976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=4eb9685c3f23a2e7e356088ea7e61006&oe=5D308DFD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

snotboogie wrote: »

I wonder did they have planing for hot food?.

And was the space large enough for hot food?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

The one on anglesea st didn't last that long either?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I wonder did they have planing for hot food?.

And was the space large enough for hot food?.

Renovations sounds like BS since they only just got kitted out a few weeks ago. Plus, no timescale for when they're back? Pity if they're gone for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

56980686_10156394283516925_9000185384168062976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=4eb9685c3f23a2e7e356088ea7e61006&oe=5D308DFD

That Mahon Point? Are they selling coffee in store too? Or that's just the name?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

The place that opened in bark and bumble is called coffee avenue.

Eod100 wrote: »
    That Mahon Point? Are they selling coffee in store too? Or that's just the name?

I think its just clothes.
    It's basically just active wear.
    It's in Mahon.
    I think it's expensive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Accessorize and Monsoon are likely to close many stores across UK and Ireland. Could affect their Cork locations.

Accessorize and Monsoon are likely to close many stores across UK and Ireland. Could affect their Cork locations.

The Patrick's Street location is where Zara wanted to go before Mr Fried Chicken appealed to ABP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The Patrick's Street location is where Zara wanted to go before Mr Fried Chicken appealed to ABP

A Zara would be a welcome addition to Patrick St. What I wouldn't give to have one in town, I hate MP and avoid it at all costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

The John graces guy?
    What was the reason for his objection?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Gamb!t wrote: »
    The John graces guy?

I suspect he saw the slim fit jeans in Zara and knew their customers wouldn't be buying boxes of greasy chicken off him.

Eod100 wrote: »

Just clothes seen it today.

Very little in the shop as well.

I say its like gym shark. Gym wear you need to be seen in for your social media posts....

Just clothes seen it today.

Very little in the shop as well.

I say its like gym shark. Gym wear you need to be seen in for your social media posts....

Is it beside the new Jack and Jones/Villa/etc?

• Advertisement

Gamb!t wrote: »
    The John graces guy?

The change of use from hotel to retail because retail wouldn’t have the same late night foot traffic. In this case hotel is theoretical since it’s been vacant for years.

Is it beside the new Jack and Jones/Villa/etc?

It's where Jack and Jones used to be.

I really tought they where going to be doing coffee with that name ha

It's where Jack and Jones used to be.

I really tought they where going to be doing coffee with that name ha

Thanks!
    I haven't being in Mahon since the start of January.
    I was just trying to figure out where things were.
    I recharged that Gym + Cofffee place when I heard about it and wasn't overly impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Unless they wait untill it becomes a city council application?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

calnand wrote: »
    Unless they wait untill it becomes a city council application?

It’s An bord pleanala blocking it, not the council. Won’t matter who pushes for it. There’s one in Grange for anyone who desperately needs a Lidl, and it’s not on a lane.

MrDerp wrote: »
    It’s An bord pleanala blocking it, not the council. Won’t matter who pushes for it. There’s one in Grange for anyone who desperately needs a Lidl, and it’s not on a lane.

It's an ALDI in Grange, but there already 3 lidls within 10 mins or so of Douglas, Carrigaline, Togher and town. There's no need for one in Douglas, it'd just add to the huge traffic issues we already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

It's an ALDI in Grange, but there already 3 lidls within 10 mins or so of Douglas, Carrigaline, Togher and town. There's no need for one in Douglas, it'd just add to the huge traffic issues we already have.

Was Aldi supposed to be going into the Cinema site in Douglas?

I am delighted some common sense was used there in connection with that Lidl planning rejection.
    Cork County Council have very obvious limitations when it comes to the management of Urban traffic volumes and this is clearly obvious here when we see them having no issue granting planning to a supermarket being located off a road which is the width of a domestic driveway.

I noticed in that article from the Echo how some Councillor mentioned the loss of the Taxi rank.
    Another fine example of the capability of the County Council yet again, it is only used by Taxi's at weekend nights, outside of those times it is empty.
    I hope the City Council use some tact here and make the rank beyond Barry's car park a Night Taxi rank only and allow normal day time parking there.

Has Born opened in Douglas yet?
    Have they men stuff if they have opened?

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    Was Aldi supposed to be going into the Cinema site in Douglas?

I am delighted some common sense was used there in connection with that Lidl planning rejection.
    Cork County Council have very obvious limitations when it comes to the management of Urban traffic volumes and this is clearly obvious here when we see them having no issue granting planning to a supermarket being located off a road which is the width of a domestic driveway.

I noticed in that article from the Echo how some Councillor mentioned the loss of the Taxi rank.
    Another fine example of the capability of the County Council yet again, it is only used by Taxi's at weekend nights, outside of those times it is empty.
    I hope the City Council use some tact here and make the rank beyond Barry's car park a Night Taxi rank only and allow normal day time parking there.

They were rumoured to be going in there yes, but a new one has now opened in Passage West so can't see that happening now. That area definitely needs some sprucing up. All of Douglas does really.

Advertisement