Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

read today Italee on oliver plunkett street has closed as well ...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

whatever76 wrote: »

Oh no...my favourite Italian cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭what the hell!

What? Ah no! Was there a reason given?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Haven't been in ages but was a lovely coffee spot

• Registered Users Posts: 16,300 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Think there's far too many coffee places as it is, they can't all survive in such a small city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Think there's far too many coffee places as it is, they can't all survive in such a small city.

It's just a pity that decent places like Italee lose out, while places like Idaho with terrible coffee and a clown of an owner remain.

That's Warren Allen and Italee gone from that part of the city now. Such a shame.

Mardyke wrote: »
    It's just a pity that decent places like Italee lose out, while places like Idaho with terrible coffee and a clown of an owner remain.

That's Warren Allen and Italee gone from that part of the city now. Such a shame.

It is, but life isn't fair.

Maybe they'd be still open if more people went but there's no accounting for taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

There's far too many shiote coffee places.

There's plenty of more room for good coffee shops

Cotts72 wrote: »
    No harm in that!

Yeah, I can see your point, it was what it was though.
    I'm sure plenty had many great nights in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Ah feck,that's a shame.

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    There's far too many shiote coffee places.

There's plenty of more room for good coffee shops

Why did this place close then?

How many people bemoaning the loss actually went there regularly?

Why did this place close then?

How many people bemoaning the loss actually went there regularly?

There's loads of reasons why anywhere closes.

I imagine the rent on OP is crazy for a start

I wouldn't consider italee a good place for a coffee

At least not a long the lines of somewhere like Filter and there's plenty of room for more Filter's

Probably not so much room for just another place where you can get a coffee.

while places like Idaho with terrible coffee and a clown of an owner remain.

???

Have to say I really like Idaho myself often pop in there for a coffee, good for an auld breakfast bap too if the hangover is too bad to face a full breakfast!

???

Have to say I really like Idaho myself often pop in there for a coffee, good for an auld breakfast bap too if the hangover is too bad to face a full breakfast!

You can get a bap and a watery coffee in Spar down the road at half the price.

???

This is why we can't have nice things in Cork :pac:

You can get a bap and a watery coffee in Spar down the road at half the price.

I like Idaho though, it’s a nice little coffee shop with nice staff. Nothing wrong with their coffee either though I only drink lattes as I like milky coffee!

It’s always absolutely packed also so it would appear a large number if people would disagree with you....

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Jd sports gone into where specsavers were on cook street.

Are they still expanding into the old Awear shop from the savoy? Maybe cook street is short let while the other place is being done

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭timmyjimmy

I like Idaho though, it’s a nice little coffee shop with nice staff. Nothing wrong with their coffee either though I only drink lattes as I like milky coffee!

It’s always absolutely packed also so it would appear a large number if people would disagree with you....

It's easy to fill it in fairness....

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    It's easy to fill it in fairness....

And lots of people have no issue with crap coffee....

Idaho has it's market.

It allows middle aged biddys to show their middle aged biddy friends they know where to go about town. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I've no strong feelings about Idaho either way but I am struck by the fact that there is a weird amount of dislike focused on it in this thread/forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭snotboogie

I've no strong feelings about Idaho either way but I am struck by the fact that there is a weird amount of dislike focused on it in this thread/forum.

Pana ban controversy legacy

snotboogie wrote: »
    Pana ban controversy legacy

People would want to get over that like. Personal disagreement with the owner over that, grand, whatever. Being hung up enough on it that his name gets dragged up in a "why isn't that fool closed when this place is :mad:" way months later is very weird and more than a bit pathetic, if that's what's it's from.

Anyways, is italee definitely closed permanently? They do close for holiday leave.

People would want to get over that like. Personal disagreement with the owner over that, grand, whatever. Being hung up enough on it that his name gets dragged up in a "why isn't that fool closed when this place is :mad:" way months later is very weird and more than a bit pathetic, if that's what's it's from.

Anyways, is italee definitely closed permanently? They do close for holiday leave.

Nothing to do with the owner for me.

Just don't like the place, like many other cafe's I don't like and don't know most of the owners...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,574 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jackrussel wrote: »

Are they still expanding into the old Awear shop from the savoy? Maybe cook street is short let while the other place is being done

I got the impression that was opened!

limnam wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the owner for me.

Just don't like the place, like many other cafe's I don't like and don't know most of the owners...

Plenty of places plenty of people don't like, myself included, it's still odd the breadth and degree of dislike the place gets on here. It's nearly weirder if it's not personal.

I don't know the man, don't care either way about Idaho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cafe Torino in Washington Street is the same owners as Italee so maybe they decided just to keep there open and close one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

There is nothing on their website Italee have closed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Gamb!t wrote: »
    There is nothing on their website Italee have closed ?

Had a look at lunchtime.
    Def closed, sign on door thanks customers for their business over the years. Pity was a nice place

• Advertisement

He's still open, in spite of all the haters, which is more than can be said for the flash in the pan places. "Ah a dog friendly cafe, that looks cool" ...And they never bother their arses supporting it leading to national day of mourning when it actually does close.

Advertisement