Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is that jewelry shop still open in the Savoy centre, where u could buy body piercing jewelry.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I think it might be Cotton Ball. The pub in Mayfield. They make their own range of beers. I'm not a fan though.

Owners of Cotton Ball own the building where the micro brewery is going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

EnzoScifo wrote: »

When is it planned to open?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Looking forward to that they have an excellent stout (Lynch's) that I got on draught only once in Abbot's...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Att vara en hest

There's a new "Depeche" cafe opened right next to "Mode", at first I thought they just moved "Depeche" but the old one is still open so I guess they just expanded the business by opening a second location.

Haven't been in there yet, just walked past... Looks bigger than the older one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

There's a new "Depeche" cafe opened right next to "Mode", at first I thought they just moved "Depeche" but the old one is still open so I guess they just expanded the business by opening a second location.

Haven't been in there yet, just walked past... Looks bigger than the older one.
    I imagine the owners giggling when the space became available

I imagine the owners giggling when the space became available

It's perfect because it's the entrance left of Mode.. So now it's finally really "Depeche Mode" :D

I wonder if they'll close down the old location though, even if they want to have more than one cafe it doesn't make much sense to have them this close to each other I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is the cobblers gone on Oliver Plunnket street?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

MrMac84 wrote: »

Been gone a while I think.

Hopefully they don’t close the original depeche as it’s a nice little place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

It's perfect because it's the entrance left of Mode.. So now it's finally really "Depeche Mode" :D

I wonder if they'll close down the old location though, even if they want to have more than one cafe it doesn't make much sense to have them this close to each other I guess.

Have they expanded into the old Thirsty Scholar pub? That was next door, I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    They'd a second store in Douglas Court and closed the city premises to move there. Had used the one in Douglas and found the service wasn't as good as the city centre branch so hopefully that changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

New place opening on Paul Street, where Hey Presto used to be across from the Natural Foods Bakery. "Kaya - Asian Bites" - looks to be the same owners as Soba as the people inside fitting it out are wearing their t shirts.

20190511-132957.jpg

New place opening on Paul Street, where Hey Presto used to be across from the Natural Foods Bakery. "Kaya - Asian Bites" - looks to be the same owners as Soba as the people inside fitting it out are wearing their t shirts.

20190511-132957.jpg

Interesting if it's the same staff pening a new restaurant with a different name. especially considering they both seem to be lunch/dinner places? Because Soba is still open right? (Been away for a couple of weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

20190511-132957.jpg

Interesting if it's the same staff pening a new restaurant with a different name. especially considering they both seem to be lunch/dinner places? Because Soba is still open right? (Been away for a couple of weeks)

Still open yes.

Went in for a look today at Kaya, the new one.

Malaysian dishes and spice bags, their opening deal was a spice bag and a drink for 5 euro.

They also have a mix and match kind of thing, 3 items from the hot food (like a Chinese buffet style) for 8.50

• Registered Users Posts: 18,039 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hopefully they don’t close the original depeche as it’s a nice little place.

He's not, the new place is more retail than anything.

Where can I buy body jewelry? Tattoo zoo is closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Grange is probably a push for Cork City, but there's planning in to change the credit union adjoining Ryan's Supervalu into a restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

fin12 wrote: »
    Where can I buy body jewelry? Tattoo zoo is closed now.

Little jewellery place in Paul St SC does some bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

What put paid to Supernova?
    Insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Murphy electrical have closed their shop on princes st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

ofcork wrote: »
    Murphy electrical have closed their shop on princes st.

That's a shame. They were there a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Insurance?

There was planning to convert the site to offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Insurance?

Did they get planning for a drive-thru there too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I though the place was a gold mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What/where was supernova?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Ballincollig link road I think one of these places for kids

What/where was supernova?

Indoor rollerblading. I went there once was good fun, were playing 80s music.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,039 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Monty owns it, he's gone from Rearden's too probably making more changes to his business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,355 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Maybe it's a question of what Monty himself actually owned?

Advertisement