Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

satanta99 wrote: »
    Looks like it is going to be sandwiched into the front part of the Sams Bar complex.

https://www.facebook.com/jamcafes/photos/a.134261213306535/2399950156737618/?type=3&theater

I heard that a prominent Cork publican has added Sams to his long list of pubs. Hope it’s true! Shame to see that lovely pub locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

I was jogging past the Anglers Rest last week and spotted that it looked pretty much finished & read today that it's shortly to open maybe even by this weekend.

One of Cork's most famous pubs reopens very shortly after long closure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

opus wrote: »
    I was jogging past the Anglers Rest last week and spotted that it looked pretty much finished & read today that it's shortly to open maybe even by this weekend.

Place looks unreal inside and outside

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The money spent on the Anglers most be insane. I drive past it for work and I’ve watched this from the start. The amount of trade vans on site for the past three weeks alone is just ridiculous. Really curious to see inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Must have called in the Brennans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just seen a tweet from a guy saying his barbers in Douglas has suddenly closed, anyone know which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Drove past there at about 18:30 this evening. The place was heaving. Car Park full and more cars parked on the verge.

Beer garden looked immense in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just seen a tweet from a guy saying his barbers in Douglas has suddenly closed, anyone know which one?

Boyz 2 Men in Douglas Village Shopping Centre has a sign in the window they stopped trading on 2nd July. They're by M&S and the travel agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

JohnK wrote: »

Boyz 2 Men in Douglas Village Shopping Centre has a sign in the window they stopped trading on 2nd July. They're by M&S and the travel agents.

Very sad to hear that.

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    Drove past there at about 18:30 this evening. The place was heaving. Car Park full and more cars parked on the verge.

Beer garden looked immense in this weather.

Was out for a run in the neck of the woods yesterday.

484897.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭ofcork

Empty building on corner of Patrick st/grand parade being painted up.

Centra moving into the old Starbucks on Patrick st.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,039 ✭✭✭✭rob316

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Lovely. It's Benny McCabe so ya know they'll be tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

rob316 wrote: »
    Lovely. It's Benny McCabe so ya know they'll be tasty

I dunno about that, I had a pint of Rising Sons "dark" pale ale recently, the vilest pint to ever pass my lips, Jeyes Fluid mixed with lemon washing up liquid is the best description I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's a Herlihy's Centra!(I think there mat had being a bit of confusion about it.)
    66328631_2644709092229950_42720008173780992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQnlH73Huf2_gBpZ2HRQvjM2gpHew-oVbZlPl1WFAJIarF0DaDfzfRHbk0CF_NTNSAo&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=519f03d454bc5ed572e5c94e4e464d2b&oe=5DA51EB4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

It's a Herlihy's Centra!(I think there mat had being a bit of confusion about it.)
    66328631_2644709092229950_42720008173780992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQnlH73Huf2_gBpZ2HRQvjM2gpHew-oVbZlPl1WFAJIarF0DaDfzfRHbk0CF_NTNSAo&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=519f03d454bc5ed572e5c94e4e464d2b&oe=5DA51EB4

While anything is better than Starbucks, a convenience doesn't bring much to the table.

Seamai wrote: »
    While anything is better than Starbucks, a convenience doesn't bring much to the table.

Especially when there's one right across the street.

Seamai wrote: »
    I dunno about that, I had a pint of Rising Sons "dark" pale ale recently, the vilest pint to ever pass my lips, Jeyes Fluid mixed with lemon washing up liquid is the description I can think of.

I hate all his beers.
    Will go for the tacos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Think there's two?

• Advertisement

There are 2 across the street after their being none for years now there will be 4 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Gloria Jean's Coffee across from Tesco in Douglas Village Shopping Centre has closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

It's a little odd. They seemed to be very keen to keep the street for high-end retail, but I'd have thought a few restaurants/wine-bars etc. would really add to it. And then they give permission to several convenience stores.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Gloria Jean's Coffee across from Tesco in Douglas Village Shopping Centre has closed down.

Sad to hear, I always liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

There's work going on in a unit of the elysian, across from the QPark - anyone know whos moving in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but Bean & Leaf is opening next to the new Aldi in Passage.

A bit random but I've been noticing the VR setup near the shaky bridge over the past while, presumably a temp setup but still interesting.

485311.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

A bit random but I've been noticing the VR setup near the shaky bridge over the past while, presumably a temp setup but still interesting.

485311.jpg

What is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

fin12 wrote: »
    What is that?

Some kind of VR game/experience. VR headset, hand-controller for interacting with objects, and some kind of running pad so you can move around in the VR world, without killing yourself in the real one. :)

Bit of a random location for it though..

• Advertisement

Exactly that, only there at weekends I think as didn't see it when I was jogging by that spot at lunchtime.

I did spent a min or two watching the guy on the platform as he was doing full 360 spins. Not sure of course what reality he was experiencing :)

Advertisement