Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jump Juices is opening in Mahon Point!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Jump Juices is opening in Mahon Point!

Weren't they there before?
    By the cinema entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Weren't they there before?
    By the cinema entrance?

No, that's fruit boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,170 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

whatever76 wrote: »
    Sallingers on drawbridge st have closed !

Didnt know that one even existed. Anytime I passed the other one it was a zero customer wasteland with an assistant staring at the four walls. Might work in a bigger city, just not Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

surely there isnt a market for two juice bars in mahon point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Rfrip wrote: »

It's bananas alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

fruit boost is after closing down and jump juice is replacing it.

So on total we will only have one juice bar in Mahon point

fruit boost is after closing down and jump juice is replacing it.

So on total we will only have one juice bar in Mahon point

Ah right that makes sense!
    Thanks for the clarification.....I am no longer perplexed on the amount of juice bars in Mahon point :):)

Mardyke wrote: »
    It's bananas alright.

I laughed at that more than I should have!!

Ah right that makes sense!
    Thanks for the clarification.....I am no longer perplexed on the amount of juice bars in Mahon point :):)

A pear of juice bars would be too many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Jam still not opened in ballincollig.

Tung Sing seem to be opening next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Both opening soon the echo has an article on tung sing today.
    I wonder will Jam attract wasps when is open! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Tung Sing will be upstairs, where Republic was.

Market Lane / Elbow Lane are opening a new seafood restaurant across the road on Oliver Plunkett St.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Does anyone know what they're going to build in Douglas village across from the credit union? They've cleared a decent sized site for it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

They should be opening Jam in Ballincollig soon. The staff have been training in the one by Hanleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Tung Sing will be upstairs, where Republic was.

Market Lane / Elbow Lane are opening a new seafood restaurant across the road on Oliver Plunkett St.

In the building where Italee used to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

In the building where Italee used to be?

Yes, that's exactly where it is, it's going to be called Goldy's AFAIK, a nod to the "Goldy fish" on top of Shandon steeple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Does anyone know what they're going to build in Douglas village across from the credit union? They've cleared a decent sized site for it.

I had a look at the planning permission on the city council website, looks like about 7 houses if I'm remembering right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Seamai wrote: »
    Yes, that's exactly where it is, it's going to be called Goldy's AFAIK, a nod to the "Goldy fish" on top of Shandon steeple.

v clever Name !

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Seamai wrote: »

They are really taking over and massively improving that end of Oliver Plunkett street, and more power to them. That end used to be so quiet, like OP Street 'lower' across Parnell Place, now its the buzziest park. Great to see the city stretching east even as development further down is in early proposal stages. The challenge will be to keep the 'older' town western ends alive, which is already a live issue at North and South Main street, Washington street etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

bingo9999 wrote: »
    They are really taking over and massively improving that end of Oliver Plunkett street, and more power to them. That end used to be so quiet, like OP Street 'lower' across Parnell Place, now its the buzziest park. Great to see the city stretching east even as development further down is in early proposal stages. The challenge will be to keep the 'older' town western ends alive, which is already a live issue at North and South Main street, Washington street etc

Absolutely. It might carry over into Parnell Place too. That looks great now, though it's mostly passing foot-traffic.

(If the Maldron's restaurant and Parnell Place entrance is ever finished, that might help too..)

who_me wrote: »
    Absolutely. It might carry over into Parnell Place too. That looks great now, though it's mostly passing foot-traffic.

(If the Maldron's restaurant and Parnell Place entrance is ever finished, that might help too..)

I heard that was due to open this August, but at my last pass I didnt see any indication of that. Would be great to see, especially if it spilled out onto the relatively wide pavement there. Judging by the cafe on the other side they are good for it

A good summary of recent happenings in the city and suburbs, though probably little in the way of news for those that keep up with things on here

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/host-of-outlets-open-across-cork-in-retail-boom-946394.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Sago looks to have closed

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Nail And Beauty Salon opening on Patrick St. next door to Schuh. Reginas nail and Beauty.

Another empty unit filled!

Also good to see that the new Herlihy’s Centra is open till 11 each night. It brings some nighttime activity to that stretch of the street in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

satanta99 wrote: »
    Nail And Beauty Salon opening on Patrick St. next door to Schuh. Reginas nail and Beauty.

Also good to see that the new Herlihy’s Centra is open till 11 each night. It brings some nighttime activity to that stretch of the street in the evenings.

You’d wonder why Schuh didn’t bother to go in there. Their shop is so pokey they could do with a place double the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

You’d wonder why Schuh didn’t bother to go in there. Their shop is so pokey they could do with a place double the size.

New fit out only few years back, and possibly this https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/schuh-calls-in-kpmg-for-solutions-zh7w9sbkv

satanta99 wrote: »

That's good, that stretch has been rough for a while. I would love to see some restaurants or bars up that end to bring some life to it outside of retail hours. Some few spots like the Chateau clustered there and maybe across by Merchants Quay would do a lot. Good to hear that this is the aim by CCC now too. Merchants Quay refurb with upstairs restaurant is hopefully a start.

Side note - are they going to paint the upper floors plaster of the Tourist office, or is that it?

• Advertisement

bingo9999 wrote: »

Side note - are they going to paint the upper floors plaster of the Tourist office, or is that it?

Looked at that yesterday.
    It's a coloured render - that's a finished job, I'd say.

Advertisement