Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,175 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Superdrug not opening anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/decathlon-plans-april-opening-of-new-dublin-flagship-store-1.4001693
    Once the Ballymun store is opened, Decathlon will assess its performance over a two-month period before making a decision on its second opening. The retailer has plans for three Dublin stores – another on the northside, one in the west, and one on the southside – as well as additional stores in Galway, Cork and Waterford, with a potential nine Irish stores in total. An opening in Cork could follow soon after the Ballymun launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

snotboogie wrote: »

On the store’s Irish pricing policy, Mr Grandgeorge said “we will be the lowest we can”, adding that prices will be comparable to France.

^Hopefully they stick to that, because the prices of the stuff on decathlon.ie were ridiculously expensive compared to the foreign shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

They should be opening Jam in Ballincollig soon. The staff have been training in the one by Hanleys.

It opened today.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Yeah looked busy enough - they don't have proper signage up yet. Also Tung Sing nearby looks to be close to opening - some signs have been erected although the old Republic awning sign is still up over their door.

• Advertisement

thejuggler wrote: »
    Yeah looked busy enough - they don't have proper signage up yet. Also Tung Sing nearby looks to be close to opening - some signs have been erected although the old Republic awning sign is still up over their door.

Drove past last night and quite a few of the booths were occupied, including with kids. Must have been a taster for staff or something coz I rang the city branch today to enquire and was told it’s not open yet and she couldn’t give an opening date.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

The Cork City FC shop in Douglas was supposed to close today for a week while it moved to a bigger unit in Douglas SC. No idea what’s going to happen now though after the fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

A lot of work going on in Clancy's for the hotel refurb, great to see. Also in old A Wear unit on Patrick street

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

anacc wrote: »
    The Cork City FC shop in Douglas was supposed to close today for a week while it moved to a bigger unit in Douglas SC. No idea what’s going to happen now though after the fire!

Temporarily opening at Turners Cross Stadium for select hours this week

https://twitter.com/CorkCityFC/status/1168888043228532737

• Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭ofcork

bingo9999 wrote: »
    A lot of work going on in Clancy's for the hotel refurb, great to see. Also in old A Wear unit on Patrick street

Clancys is coming back as a bar not a hotel as previously planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Seamai wrote: »
    Yes, that's exactly where it is, it's going to be called Goldy's AFAIK, a nod to the "Goldy fish" on top of Shandon steeple.

This looks done. Must be opening soon or already open?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Equipet are opening in Blackpool where Maplin used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Wayne Lloyd Hair Salon in Washington Street appears to have closed. Not sure if its recent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Cotts72

thejuggler wrote: »
    Wayne Lloyd Hair Salon in Washington Street appears to have closed. Not sure if its recent though.

Salon has closed down, manager has taken over, reopening this month under new name and same staff

• Registered Users Posts: 18,039 ✭✭✭✭rob316

bingo9999 wrote: »

It's going to be a pub again, Monty bought it.

Ah thank you, had not heard that but just read up on it. Equally happy to hear that tbh, with his track record should bring life back on both streets

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/property/clancys-bar-to-get-1m-spend-after-25m-purchase-by-consortium-919812.html

Cara Pharmacy opening in Douglas, not sure where though

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

I would say Milano's in Mahon will be opening in the next week or so. Signage up there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I would say Milano's in Mahon will be opening in the next week or so. Signage up there anyway.

I read somewhere that it was September 12th!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I see that they are redeveloping the old Maplins in Blackpool, there's a notice on the window from some pet store (I think), I'll check on my lunch to confirm. Anyone know anything much about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

dulpit wrote: »
    I see that they are redeveloping the old Maplins in Blackpool, there's a notice on the window from some pet store (I think), I'll check on my lunch to confirm. Anyone know anything much about this?

Yep, what the hell had it above, its Equipet
    Equipet are opening in Blackpool where Maplin used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Are they not the new one on the main street in Douglas, opposite KCs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    opened on main st a few months ago, old xtravision

Are they not the new one on the main street in Douglas, opposite KCs?
    Dbu wrote: »
    opened on main st a few months ago, old xtravision

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Benny McCabe is opening up a new candlestick in a wine bottle pub in Ballincollig.

Arty's is the name, will be in the old Sam's bar premises.

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    Benny McCabe is opening up a new candlestick in a wine bottle pub in Ballincollig.

I’d heard he was taking over alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Halloween shop is opened in Wilton!
    71199678_2439599089451874_6152735565725827072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmLDYZS7--14dZHcPL8GyLB5x_LKwrxZZDXKiP68ykCO-tQ7TGEDgffrpA2HjqHKSc&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=d8faa2a88453dc51b879a9434ee8f4af&oe=5DF6EC47

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Hopefully, they have a strong Christmas this year! Last year's numbers were terrible

71199678_2439599089451874_6152735565725827072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmLDYZS7--14dZHcPL8GyLB5x_LKwrxZZDXKiP68ykCO-tQ7TGEDgffrpA2HjqHKSc&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=d8faa2a88453dc51b879a9434ee8f4af&oe=5DF6EC47

Saw one going into Patricks street too next to Sostrene Green

• Advertisement

EnzoScifo wrote: »

Is that not Jam now?

Advertisement