Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

You could be arrested in Italy for asking for pineapple on your pizza......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

I looked at the menu in Milanos last week and kept walking. I was only looking for a quick lunch but the prices looked very steep for what I knew was very average pizza.
    I ended up getting a sandwich meal deal in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

anacc wrote: »
    Cork City FC to open a new club shop in Mahon Point.

It's literally a stand. Argos in town to close as is Finns corner. The city centre about to take a big hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

A lot of activity on Oliver Plunkett Street at the moment.

The shop that used to be occupied by the Cobblers, next to the Vodafone store is now being fitted out for a new unit. It looks like a mobile phone store like Fonez on Patrick Street.

The womens clothes shop Jon Clare, which recently moved from next door to Penneys to the old Sound Store unit is on the move again. They are moving a few doors down to 86 Oliver Plunkett Street. The unit they are vacating is already being fitted out, so hopefully we'll see a new tenant there soon.

Fit-out works are also underway on the unit next to Butler Chocolate Store. No details on the new tenant yet.

On Patrick Street looks like TUI travel agent is leaving the Savoy Centre. This is the last of the tenants left in the centre, the mobile phone accessories store left a few weeks ago and transferred to Merchants Quay.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

What's going to happen The Savoy?
    Seems such a shame given its past glory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    What's going to happen The Savoy?
    Seems such a shame given its past glory.

I understood at one stage that JD Sports were planning to expand beyond their existing unit at the back of The Savoy. I gather JD Sports were taking up space in the former A-Wear on Patrick Street so; maybe it will involve all the ground floor retail space of The Savoy as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

They're amalgamating the smaller units into larger ones to attract bigger tenants.

I’ve had pizza in Milano’s a few times and always found it pretty decent.
    Mardyke wrote: »
    You could be arrested in Italy for asking for pineapple on your pizza......

And rightly so, I’m actually impressed that Milano’s don’t offer it as a topping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sorry if I've missed this but what's going into the old Next unit in Douglas Court?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sorry if I've missed this but what's going into the old Next unit in Douglas Court?

It's meant to be Boots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Five Guys

It's meant to be Boots!

Just moving to a bigger unit? That would be a shame as I had hopes of another decent retailer

Just moving to a bigger unit? That would be a shame as I had hopes of another decent retailer

Well that's what people are saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Specsavers look to be opening in the vacant Credit Union unit in the Ballincollig Shopping Centre. Planning notice in the window of the unit for a new shopfront and signage

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

satanta99 wrote: »
    Specsavers look to be opening in the vacant Credit Union unit in the Ballincollig Shopping Centre. Planning notice in the window of the unit for a new shopfront and signage

I honestly didn't see that coming......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mardyke wrote: »
    I honestly didn't see that coming......

You should have gone to..........
    sorry

According to Facebook Regetta has opened a shop in Blackpool Shopping Centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭RINO87

According to Facebook Regetta has opened a shop in Blackpool Shopping Centre!

Thats handy, Trespass just closed there recently. I've always found the Trespass stuff to be of higher quality tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Cotts72

RINO87 wrote: »
    Thats handy, Trespass just closed there recently. I've always found the Trespass stuff to be of higher quality tho.

Regatta is very popular at the moment through influencers, should do alright with its current marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

A Liverpool pop-up shop is open on Maylor street until January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

A Liverpool pop-up shop is open on Maylor street until January.

It closes for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Inglot seems to have left Mahon Point - it's a tiny unit, don't know what type of shop could use it- I think it was a Chinese herbal medicine place prior to Inglot moving in.

Inglot seems to have left Mahon Point - it's a tiny unit, don't know what type of shop could use it- I think it was a Chinese herbal medicine place prior to Inglot moving in.

I think it was said earlier in the thread that a lot of there stuff now is in McCauley's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

I think it was said earlier in the thread that a lot of there stuff now is in McCauley's!

;)

It's meant to be Boots!

Yep sadly that is correct, signage just gone up for Boots opening on 6th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

New Sandwich/Coffee shop opened up next to Son of Bun on McCurtain st - Crust ; looks nice !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Old Oak's new cafe is open on Oliver Plunkett St

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

snotboogie wrote: »
    Old Oak's new cafe is open on Oliver Plunkett St

Saw this the other night actually when I came out of Cyprus Avenue - it looks lovely! Is this going to be a late night place, cos it was open at 11pm - maybe it was just the weekend that was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

whatever76 wrote: »
    New Sandwich/Coffee shop opened up next to Son of Bun on McCurtain st - Crust ; looks nice !

Good to see. It's just not a nice space, though.
    I think that may have been a factor in the failure of Bad Boys BBQ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

whatever76 wrote: »

The names on places, do they put no thought into them anymore.

As bad as SpitJack. Spitting and Jacking are not things I want to associate with my dinner. (Yes I know a spitjack is a thing)

Crust... like an old scab eh. YUMMY?

Advertisement