Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not strictly Cork city but Tralee based Ballyseedy cafe opening restaurants in the Dairygold stores in Carrigaline and Midleton. I believe they used to have one in Fota Retail Park previously. They do great food and their Tralee cafe is always packed!

Below gives you an idea of their offering.

http://www.ballyseedy.ie/cafe-ballyseedy/

They are lovely, slightly pricey in Tralee but it's part of the whole garden centre thing. I'd be hopeful they will do well in Carrigaline - similar to the cafe in Atkins on the straight road which is lovely and teriffic value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Cork On Ice is moving:

494423.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not strictly Cork city but Tralee based Ballyseedy cafe opening restaurants in the Dairygold stores in Carrigaline and Midleton. I believe they used to have one in Fota Retail Park previously. They do great food and their Tralee cafe is always packed!

Below gives you an idea of their offering.

http://www.ballyseedy.ie/cafe-ballyseedy/

Is it not Ballyseedy in Carrigtwohill / Fota Retail park? Brilliant spot for some brunch.
    Gru wrote: »
    Cork On Ice is moving:

Thank Jesus, Mahon point is mental at Christmas anyway, with Douglas Village closed they'll need the overflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Trespass have opened a clearance store in Merchants Quay in the last few weeks, they are also recruiting for a Wilton store.

Born Clothing are hiring for a new store in Merchants Quay. Could be the former Laura Ashley unit?

Diesel Ireland are also hiring for a new store in Cork City Centre. No details on location

D'Agger wrote: »
    Is it not Ballyseedy in Carrigtwohill / Fota Retail park? Brilliant spot for some brunch.

It was, it’s meadows and Byrne now but as far as I can tell the food is the same. I’ve had brunch there a number of times before and after the change over and I can’t really tell a difference. It’s a better layout now too.

Only fault I’d have and it’s a fault I have with a lot of places doing breakfast is the pathetic amount of toast. Most places appear to think once slice of toast cut in half is sufficient, I eat about 5 large slices of toast with my fry ups at home.

• Advertisement

satanta99 wrote: »
    Trespass have opened a clearance store in Merchants Quay in the last few weeks, they are also recruiting for a Wilton store.

Born Clothing are hiring for a new store in Merchants Quay. Could be the former Laura Ashley unit?

Diesel Ireland are also hiring for a new store in Cork City Centre. No details on location

Isn't the Laura Ashley unit becoming part of the new entrance for the new restaurant upstairs, the new entrance looks to be straight through there

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

I eat about 5 large slices of toast with my fry ups at home.

You wouldn't be normal, though. As we've seen.

Isn't the Laura Ashley unit becoming part of the new entrance for the new restaurant upstairs, the new entrance looks to be straight through there

Only part of the unit is becoming the entrance to the restaurant upstairs. There was a fire escape there already and that is being expanded to make room for a lift

Only part of the unit is becoming the entrance to the restaurant upstairs. There was a fire escape there already and that is being expanded to make room for a lift

Thanks, would be a shame to lose a unit for it. If memory serves the old cafe upstairs was a reasonable size, I wonder who has taken it bearing in mind they are obviously looking for different opening hours to the centre itself

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

A new cafe has opened in the old credit union unit in Super Valu in Grange. It's called The Grocer's Daughter I think. Will try to try it out when I'm home at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

New cafe as well on Shandon Street.

494580.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Boots new store is delayed in Douglas!

Any links to the new Italian place that's opening opposite the bus station, looks a fairly big place?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Any links to the new Italian place that's opening opposite the bus station, looks a fairly big place?

Didn’t know it’s part of the Maldron, not sure when it’s opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

It's been boarded up for 9 months. If its not open for Christmas I'd doubt if it's opening at all

leahyl wrote: »
    Didn’t know it’s part of the Maldron, not sure when it’s opening.

Thanks, just checked their website and mentions as a standalone offering with seperate entrance so with the backing I presume it will open and could be fairly classy.

Would be great to have as Rossini have run out of chances in my book & Il Padrino is nice but good to have choice.

Edit: just been told that it's been delayed by a planning issue but will open

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Thanks, just checked their website and mentions as a standalone offering with seperate entrance so with the backing I presume it will open and could be fairly classy.

Would be great to have as Rossini have run out of chances in my book & Il Padrino is nice but good to have choice.

There's a Italian restaurant at the bottom of Maylor street. Not sure what it's like though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

If you're looking for a good Italian, I'd recommend Da Mirco on Bridge St. Lovely food and really nice staff. Hoping to get back there soon.

Wouldn't be rushing to either Il Padrino or Rossini myself.

If you're looking for a good Italian, I'd recommend Da Mirco on Bridge St. Lovely food and really nice staff. Hoping to get back there soon.

Wouldn't be rushing to either Il Padrino or Rossini myself.

Cheers, never heard of it but love the smaller places

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

There's a Italian restaurant at the bottom of Maylor street. Not sure what it's like though.

That’s Bocelli - went there over the jazz weekend and it was lovely I have to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

And another new cafe coming on Pope's Quay.

494863.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Work being done on the old Coast unit on Patrick street. Anyone know what is opening up in there?

Card Factory is opening in the old Coast clothing store on Patrick Street.

Newbridge Silverware is opening in Merchants Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Card Factory is opening in the old Coast clothing store on Patrick Street.

Newbridge Silverware is opening in Merchants Quay.

I take it these will be open for Christmas?

I take it these will be open for Christmas?

Works are underway on both units so I would think they will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭ofcork

Didn't newbridge close a shop on oliver plunkett street a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

ofcork wrote: »
    Didn't newbridge close a shop on oliver plunkett street a few years ago.

If I am not mistaken the owner retired so this is a totally different shop this time

Diesel (Ireland) signage is gone up on the shop next to Keanes Jewelers. The fit-out is almost complete and occupies the two floors.

This unit was previously occupied by Soundstore and then the womens clothes shop Jon Clare which moved up the street a few weeks ago.

In Merchants Quay, the old Holland and Barrett unit is being fitted out for a childrens clothes shop. The stock was being brought in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Diesel (Ireland) signage is gone up on the shop next to Keanes Jewelers. The fit-out is almost complete and occupies the two floors.

I'd assume it's the real Italian Diesel we're getting this time, rather than the dodgy place that used to be on the corner of Liberty and South/North Main Street?

• Advertisement

Its Diesel (Ireland) not the Italian Diesel.

They have a store in Mahon Point already.

https://www.ftkclothing.com/blogs/news/the-diesel-story-ireland

Advertisement