Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

satanta99 wrote: »
    Its Diesel (Ireland) not the Italian Diesel.

They have a store in Mahon Point already.

https://www.ftkclothing.com/blogs/news/the-diesel-story-ireland

Will they be renaming themselves soon? Hybrid maybe?;)

I'd assume it's the real Italian Diesel we're getting this time, rather than the dodgy place that used to be on the corner of Liberty and South/North Main Street?

I don’t think The real Diesel are allowed to have a store in Ireland as it violates Diesel Ireland’s trademark.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

I don’t think The real Diesel are allowed to have a store in Ireland as it violates Diesel Ireland’s trademark.

There is a real Diesel store in kildare outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

The O'Brien Sandwich cafe in Tesco Ballincollig has disappeared.

Arty's Bar opened at the side of Ballincollig. Alongside Tung Sing and Jam (still with no sign up, which is odd).

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Mardyke wrote: »
    The O'Brien Sandwich cafe in Tesco Ballincollig has disappeared.

Arty's Bar opened at the side of Ballincollig. Alongside Tung Sing and Jam (still with no sign up, which is odd).

And the old sign and awning for Republic restaurant remains above the door of Tung Sing. The O’Brien cafe in Tesco was stripped out completely and doesn’t appear to be coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Is there anywhere in town that sells Italian Diesel?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Italix wrote: »

Circle K ;)

Brown Thomas stock some diesel clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

I think BrandMax do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Trespass have opened in Wilton SC, where the old Homefront store was and the halloween shop was. Didn't see a post about it here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

When did the Barbers in Douglas change from Karizma to Imaj?

Anyone know if its changes hands, have used it for years and had my first bad cut there last week and noticed its a different name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

They changed a while back:

495646.png

Gru wrote: »
    They changed a while back:

495646.png

They haven't been Karizma since 2018 according to that but I'm sure it hasn't been Imaj for that long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Lal Quila also closed and Coriander opened in its place. Despite its numerous food safety issues and bizarre service, I actually liked the place, they always did a decent curry. They had a good peak around 2010 to 2013 but seemed to have overstretched when they opened their second branch in town and never recovered even after that closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Douglas court, I hear boots is moving into the old next unit and Dunnes is expanding into the boots. Maybe getting some of the fancier counters like Sheridan's I hope?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

snotboogie wrote: »
    Lal Quila also closed and Coriander opened in its place. Despite its numerous food safety issues and bizarre service, I actually liked the place, they always did a decent curry. They had a good peak around 2010 to 2013 but seemed to have overstretched when they opened their second branch in town and never recovered even after that closed

Shame. They were the best Indian restaurant in the city back years ago. Not sure how it has been since.

When did the Barbers in Douglas change from Karizma to Imaj?

Anyone know if its changes hands, have used it for years and had my first bad cut there last week and noticed its a different name.

Noticed myself when I was there a week ago. Have been going there for years.
    All the usual lads were gone and thought the new guy that cut my head, couldnt give a toss to be honest. will have to look around again

snotboogie wrote: »

Its just a name change, presumably due to the latest closure by the food safety authority, same people running it Im told

Dbu wrote: »

Noticed myself when I was there a week ago. Have been going there for years.
    All the usual lads were gone and thought the new guy that cut my head, couldnt give a toss to be honest. will have to look around again

I had exactly that, some American guy was there and he was more like make and do with the scissors than a barber.

It's a shame as most of their guys were great. May hit Karizma in town or try thet small place behind the Woodford, looks fairly good

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I had exactly that, some American guy was there and he was more like make and do with the scissors than a barber.

It's a shame as most of their guys were great. May hit Karizma in town or try thet small place behind the Woodford, looks fairly good

I like Zanes on Paul Street. €13 I think.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I like Zanes on Paul Street. €13 I think.

Tried them this evening, brilliant cuts, me and the lad for €22!! Great value

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Clancy’s Bar have opened this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Louis Copeland opened on Academy street this week. Skating on Ice on Centre Park road opens tomorrow along with Wonder in Fota also.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Saw White Rabbit closed up the other evening.
    Closed or restricted hours, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

Saw White Rabbit closed up the other evening.
    Closed or restricted hours, anyone know?

Closed for renovations.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Popular-Cork-restaurant-to-close-its-door-for-extensive-renovations-494f456b-0899-46a0-89c5-8714f7bbea9a-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New Booots opened in Douglas Court!
    77132329_10156647257461905_6526791500259393536_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=dDGixiJhNpEAQlZzkG5Xd-obFiTRUMMXlV5CspHb85qqICaeciM0rBdPA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=87c35371a4f5725fa266fa21615473cd&oe=5E41B9AE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,753 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is that the old Next?

dulpit wrote: »
    Is that the old Next?

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Yes!

Do you know what's happening with their old shop? It would be nice if it was some business that was in Douglas Village Shopping Centre.

• Advertisement

happyday wrote: »
    Do you know what's happening with their old shop? It would be nice if it was some business that was in Douglas Village Shopping Centre.

No idea but the post office is going in there some where!

Advertisement