Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ollie111

I heard Dunnes in expanding into the old boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Ollie111 wrote: »
    I heard Dunnes in expanding into the old boots.

Any more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I heard an item on the radio earlier today about how CCC Has introduced pay parking in the city on Sunday’s. I can’t find anything online about this - does anyone have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

The wardens are working Sundays up to Christmas doubt there is pay parking.

I heard that they gave out an absolute mountain of tickets to anyone parked on the Mall and surrounding areas - not just those who were double parked. I missed most of the article on the radio.

• Advertisement

Pic on examiner they ticketed cars parked in the motorcycle spaces at the end of the mall they deserve it.

ofcork wrote: »
    Pic on examiner they ticketed cars parked in the motorcycle spaces at the end of the mall they deserve it.

Yes, I totally agree with that. I’ve seen some very reckless parking and would have no problem with ticketing in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Anastasia_

I was in town on Sunday and saw them ticketing, I think everyone on Oliver Plunkett Street got one because it's a pedestrianised street and so you're supposed to be gone off it by a certain time, though I'm not sure if it says that on the signs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Anastasia_ wrote: »
    I was in town on Sunday and saw them ticketing, I think everyone on Oliver Plunkett Street got one because it's a pedestrianised street and so you're supposed to be gone off it by a certain time, though I'm not sure if it says that on the signs :confused:

Indeed, It's posted on signs all along the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Just had a look on Google Streetview. Plenty of signs which state No parking 7days 11am to 5pm on Oliver Plunkett, also on some of the side streets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Egyptian pool hall after opening up on North main Street. Really in keeping with the feeling of dereliction in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

smurgen wrote: »
    Egyptian pool hall after opening up on North main Street. Really in keeping with the feeling of dereliction in the area.

Looks more like a hang out, looks absolutely ****. Just bulldoze that street

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Anastasia_

Ah ok, I must just be blind :pac: Have never taken notice of them, was just lucky I didn't park there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭RINO87

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I heard that they gave out an absolute mountain of tickets to anyone parked on the Mall and surrounding areas - not just those who were double parked. I missed most of the article on the radio.

Good. Town is an absolute mess from crappy parking on Sundays.

I agree it’s appalling. I was a bit confused as I thought from the clip I heard on the radio that all free parking had been suspended but that seems not to be the case now. I’ve had reason to be in town the last few Sundays and it’s like a free for all - cars literally abandoned anywhere. Some people have no regard for others at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I agree it’s appalling. I was a bit confused as I thought from the clip I heard on the radio that all free parking had been suspended but that seems not to be the case now. I’ve had reason to be in town the last few Sundays and it’s like a free for all - cars literally abandoned anywhere. Some people have no regard for others at all.

The parking bays on the Mall are free on Sunday aren't they? What about loading bays? I presume they were ticketing people on yellow lines and other illegally parked?

I was always of the impression that loading bays on the Mall were free on a Sunday but not absolutely sure to be honest.

I was always of the impression that loading bays on the Mall were free on a Sunday but not absolutely sure to be honest.

Guy in the radio today saying that he was ticketed for parking in a loading bay on Sunday so they are def now off limits but I've been told south mall is still free parking in legitimate spaces

Guy in the radio today saying that he was ticketed for parking in a loading bay on Sunday so they are def now off limits but I've been told south mall is still free parking in legitimate spaces

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense.

Noticed on Sunday north main Street was quieter than usual normally cars parked all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Ventured to Clancys last Friday night,really impressed with the place. Good crowd and atmosphere about the place...Monty's done it again!

On a sidenote found out Ydentik across the way has moved in next door to its former address. serious savings on fragrances if anyone is stuck for Xmas gifts!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

The fact that it's belong to Montgomery would put a lot people off I'd say. Better to have that place open rather than rotting away.

I’ve never seen a loading bay that applied on Sunday or I’m the evening so I’d take that with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Looks like the glass curtain is really coming along on MacCurtain St, they were advertising for jobs on Facebook last month too, you'd imagine both that and Thompons brewery are aiming to open very soon with the Christmas season approaching

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Born Clothing opened in Merchants Quay yesterday. The hoarding has come down on the Patrick Street facade. The ground floor of the centre is almost full again. There are now only two empty units on the ground floor.

No chance of that happening, loading bays in Cork are Mon to Sat, some are Mon to Fri with them being pay parking on Saturdays.
    Thanks, that makes a lot more sense.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

If he did get a ticket on a Sunday while parked in a loading bay it was likely for non display of tax disc or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

South Mall cars were done for parking in motorbike spaces.

Ok, I was in town this morning and asked one of the traffic wardens for clarification on the Sunday parking issue. Legitimate parking bays and loading bays are all free on Sunday. Streets like Cook Street, Marlborough Street and Princes Street etc are pedestrian zones from 11.00 am to 5.00 pm everyday so if you park there between these times you will get a ticket. Apparently all the tickets given out were for illegitimate parking / no tax etc.

Mardyke wrote: »
    The fact that it's belong to Montgomery would put a lot people off I'd say. Better to have that place open rather than rotting away.
    Why do you say that he had reardens thriving I see his ex on the echo has reverted to her maiden name.

• Advertisement

Ok, I was in town this morning and asked one of the traffic wardens for clarification on the Sunday parking issue. Legitimate parking bays and loading bays are all free on Sunday. Streets like Cook Street, Marlborough Street and Princes Street etc are pedestrian zones from 11.00 am to 5.00 pm everyday so if you park there between these times you will get a ticket. Apparently all the tickets given out were for illegitimate parking / no tax etc.

Thanks, I actually replayed the interview I heard and the fella was in a loading bay on Plunkett Street which at that time was a pedestrian zone so explains the ticket.

Thanks for the clarification

Advertisement