Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

ofcork wrote: »
    Why do you say that he had reardens thriving I see his ex on the echo has reverted to her maiden name.

I think they've done a great job, loads of local suppliers too

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Hi Monty

Hi Monty!

The point was.. that lots of people think he's a prick.

Mardyke wrote: »
    Hi Monty!

If that's their opinion and it's based on personal experience then they are entitled to it.

Personally i have my own opinion based on a visit there last week and I don't care what others say, I'm old enough to make my own mind up. I bet 90% of the people saying that stuff have never even met the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭ofcork

Not wanting to derail the thread but cars parked at the end of the mall again today an X5 sticking right out into the lane.

• Advertisement

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Mountain Warehouse on Patrick Street is closing down, I thought that hadn't long been open?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Mountain Warehouse on Patrick Street is closing down, I thought that hadn't long been open?

It's not open to long. I remember the sign blew down not long after opening.
    Could they be one of these places that often have a Closing Down sale?

It's not open to long. I remember the sign blew down not long after opening.
    Could they be one of these places that often have a Closing Down sale?

Not sure but signs up today saying closing down, everything must go.

Hi Monty!

You appear to have issue with nearly every business owner in cork, I’d say looking in the mirror could yield where the problem actually lies.

You appear to have issue with nearly every business owner in cork, I’d say looking in the mirror could yield where the problem actually lies.

Name the business owners I have an issue with.

It's clear to see why you have no regard for anyone other than yourself and your car now.....

• Advertisement

Name the business owners I have an issue with.

It's clear to see why you have no regard for anyone other than yourself and your car now.....

The Idaho and John graces among many others you have complained about. Idaho being a place I very much like really highlights how nonsensical your complaints are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The Idaho and John graces among many others you have complained about. Idaho being a place I very much like really highlights how nonsensical your complaints are.

Oh he's a pain Richard Jacob of Idaho so can't disagree with him there. Monty is grand, I'll tell ya Reardens bars were alot happier to work in when he was in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Cotts72

With all due respect he has a point with the owners of both. They seem to raise issue with any form of competition coming into the city

Haha! Good god, I rest my case.

It's gone from nearly every business in town to John Grace and Idaho!

It really doesn't surprise me that you like Idaho, believe me!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Not sure but signs up today saying closing down, everything must go.

The shop is definitely in closing down mode. All stock being reduced and boxed up today. I don't think it is open more than a year.

Hopefully somebody else has taken on the lease and it won't be empty as long this time!

The old Vodafone store, which before that was Cudmores has signage up saying lease agreed. Probably be after Christmas before a new tenant goes in.

Hi!
    I don't want to start a thread on this.
    I haven't been in Dunnes in Ballyvolane in a few years. I read some where they did a revamp.
    What I'm basically is has it improved much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Hi!
    I haven't been in Dunnes in Ballyvolane in a few years. I read some where they did a revamp.

Oh yeah it's now nice and fancy like the one next to the bandon round about.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Hi!

It's pretty good in fairness, loads of choice and products to choose from such as fresh meat, fish, pre-prepped stuff. Saying that, it's quite lacking in the pulses/dry goods department such as Lentils, chickpeas, bulgar wheat etc. There's far more choice in lidl/aldi when it comes to these items.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Not surprised abput Mountain Warehouse. Some nice coats and backpacks but the price tags very haphazard. Left a couple of times feeling confused.

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    It's pretty good in fairness, loads of choice and products to choose from such as fresh meat, fish, pre-prepped stuff. Saying that, it's quite lacking in the pulses/dry goods department such as Lentils, chickpeas, bulgar wheat etc. There's far more choice in lidl/aldi when it comes to these items.

Thanks. I don't think I've ever bought the good you mentioned.
    I take it's better than Blackpool. It's a good while since we ventured to that side of the city.

• Advertisement

I take it's better than Blackpool. It's a good while since we ventured to that side of the city.

Yes definitely better than Blackpool, or Douglas shopping court

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There’s a lidl just across from it so that’s handy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Mountain Warehouse are looking to relocate. Hopefully sometime before early Spring. Very short turnaround re news of closure though.

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Mountain Warehouse are looking to relocate. Hopefully sometime before early Spring. Very short turnaround re news of closure though.

Closure before Christmas, the busiest time of the year that drives revenue strikes me as strange decision.

Harika wrote: »
    Closure before Christmas, the busiest time of the year that drives revenue strikes me as strange decision.

I'd say fire sale, shop was packed last weekend. Is it a franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Was in the city this morning and Mountain Warehouse shut and empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Was in the city this morning and Mountain Warehouse shut and empty.

Shops like that do much better in a retail parks like Mahon Point or Little Island.
    Kind of strange putting it in the city.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any place in the city center sell stuff for newborn's? I want to get my sister a voucher for Christmas, I know there's a Mothercare in mahon , I thought there was one in the city center to but I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Any place in the city center sell stuff for newborn's? I want to get my sister a voucher for Christmas, I know there's a Mothercare in mahon , I thought there was one in the city center to but I was wrong.

Like baby equipment? Smyths toys sell prams etc.There used to be a Mothercare in Patrick street. Closed a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Like baby equipment? Smyths toys sell prams etc.There used to be a Mothercare in Patrick street. Closed a few years.

Thanks , any place that would sell clothes etc as well as equipment?

Advertisement