Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

.red. wrote:
    Shops like that do much better in a retail parks like Mahon Point or Little Island. Kind of strange putting it in the city.

I think it's stupid to put anything in Little Island. Traffic is ridiculous on a weekday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Thanks , any place that would sell clothes etc as well as equipment?

Dunnes, Debenhams, M and S?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Any place in the city center sell stuff for newborn's? I want to get my sister a voucher for Christmas, I know there's a Mothercare in mahon , I thought there was one in the city center to but I was wrong.

I'd get her a one4all. I think you can get one that says for a new baby.
    I'd be very cautious of a mother care voucher. They've had trouble with UK stores and I'd be wary of the Irish one's to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Was in the city this morning and Mountain Warehouse shut and empty.

ah feck - sent someone in there today to pick up a few things. They do great coats for the kids and a decent price. Are they planning to open somewhere else in the city or is that it for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭RINO87

I'd get her a one4all. I think you can get one that says for a new baby.
    I'd be very cautious of a mother care voucher. They've had trouble with UK stores and I'd be wary of the Irish one's to.

Mothercare Ireland are grand. Totally separate to the UK business, one of the best performing in the group.

• Advertisement

New suit shop open where Paper Dolls used to be, behind the Savoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Heard on the grapevine, Next in Opera Lane is closing in Feb.

Dont know how true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

rob316 wrote: »
    Heard on the grapevine, Next Opera Lane is closing in Feb.

Dont know how true

like the entire street :confused::confused::confused:

edit.....sorry Next!

New suit shop open where Paper Dolls used to be, behind the Savoy.

That's my brother's place. It's called Red Church Menswear. He worked in the family business, Tom Murphy's menswear on Patrick Street, for years but is gone out on his own now.

• Advertisement

That's my brother's place. It's called Red Church Menswear. He worked in the family business, Tom Murphy's menswear on Patrick Street, for years but is gone out on his own now.

Hope it goes well for him.

Hope it goes well for him.

Thanks. Tough time to go into retail in the city but he has lots of experience and contacts so fingers crossed he makes a good go of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

L'Attitude was due to reopen this year but obviously delays as nothing much happening which is sad. Anyone remember what was there before them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

L'Attitude was due to reopen this year but obviously delays as nothing much happening which is sad. Anyone remember what was there before them?

Crubeen
    Before that the short lived and not very good Modiva.
    Lobby before that.
    Henry Africa's before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I remember something in the Echo a few weeks ago saying they were looking at Spring now instead but I dunno if that time frame is changing too. Like you say, not much activity there at the moment by the looks of it.

Crubeen
    Before that the short lived and not very good Modiva.
    Lobby before that.
    Henry Africa's before that.

Jeepers yes now I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Jeepers yes now I remember

Anyone know what was before Henry Africa's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The lobby wow, blast from the past. Saw amazing gigs there back in the day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Rfrip wrote: »

It was great.

Saw that the guy from the Hi-B passed away, bless his cranky soul.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    It was great.

Saw that the guy from the Hi-B passed away, bless his cranky soul.

About 12 years ago I had a mate over from London and forgot to tell him about the no phone rule. Ten minutes in and he answered a call, Brian came from behind, grabbed his phone and lobbed it through the open window...it was just brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

About 12 years ago I had a mate over from London and forgot to tell him about the no phone rule. Ten minutes in and he answered a call, Brian came from behind, grabbed his phone and lobbed it through the open window...it was just brilliant

2007 was still the Nokia era, so I wouldn't be surprised if the phone survived it and didn't even lose the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bof

Anyone know what was before Henry Africa's?

Heaphy's wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Rfrip wrote: »

In my head The Lobby has been gone for only 5-6 years! I take it's a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Fell down the stairs in the Lobby whilst trying to act cool, many moons ago! Bounced back up and carried on regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

they doing a collab effort with Alis Kitchen in evening time coming up to Christmas
    https://twitter.com/Latitude_51/status/1204367520691605504

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

rob316 wrote: »
    Heard on the grapevine, Next in Opera Lane is closing in Feb.

Dont know how true

That wouldn't surprise me tbh. I'm sure rent isn't cheap and would need to shift a lot of stock to make it worth while

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There looks to be a really nice restaurant opening up in McCurtain Street, near the bru bar. Think it’s called Thompson or something, interior looked really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

fin12 wrote: »
    There looks to be a really nice restaurant opening up in McCurtain Street, near the bru bar. Think it’s called Thompson or something, interior looked really nice.

Think that's the micro brewery place. Was hoping this would be open by Friday, must not be though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mushy wrote: »
    Think that's the micro brewery place. Was hoping this would be open by Friday, must not be though

Think it's this place, Glass Curtain. Seems to be open already but more restaurant than microbrewery it seems, unless that is to follow after or something.

https://www.theglasscurtain.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think it's this place, Glass Curtain. Seems to be open already but more restaurant than microbrewery it seems, unless that is to follow after or something.

https://www.theglasscurtain.ie/

Yep, the brewery will be Thompsons. The fact they are not open for Christmas means they are probably a good few months off opening yet, despite this they have put up a huge sign

Advertisement