Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Swamp Mahon Point and Wilton have ceased trading with immediate effect, along with all other stores

Voucher queries to customerservice@swampfashion.com

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

New 24 hour gym opening soon in Ballincollig. I think this will be the first 24 hour gym in Cork.

https://www.facebook.com/AnytimeFitnessBallincollig/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

New Look in Douglas Court Shopping Centre is closing, the staff said it was closing in May but they were dismantling rails and shelves today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

leahyl wrote: »
    I think Fitzpatricks cakes are way overrated and overpriced - but that’s for another thread!!

Amen to that, the shop next to the island gate do savage cream slices, a lot cheaper to.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Gru wrote: »
    New Look in Douglas Court Shopping Centre is closing, the staff said it was closing in May but they were dismantling rails and shelves today.

Interesting. I know New Look were having issues but that was 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Interesting. I know New Look were having issues but that was 2018.

They are after removing the men’s clothing from the city centre store as well and wait for it replaced it with Balloons that they are trying to sell for party’s

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

They are after removing the men’s clothing from the city centre store as well and wait for it replaced it with Balloons that they are trying to sell for party’s

Think there has been a shift away from men's clothing company wide. But balloons. Ha

In their Cork Outlook report for 2020 Lisney mention that The North Face leased 39 Patrick Street in December 2019.(https://lisneyoutlook.ie)

This was the unit that Mountain Warehouse occupied until December, and before that Lifestyle, and previous to that River Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

satanta99 wrote: »
    In their Cork Outlook report for 2020 Lisney mention that The North Face leased 39 Patrick Street in December 2019.(https://lisneyoutlook.ie)

This was the unit that Mountain Warehouse occupied until December, and before that Lifestyle, and previous to that River Island.

Oh that’d be great. Only thing is will they close their shop in the Cornmarket centre then. Could hardly sustain the two.

Oh that’d be great. Only thing is will they close their shop in the Cornmarket centre then. Could hardly sustain the two.

That store is 53 degrees North, which are a multi brand retailer that sells a variety of brands including The North Face. This looks to a be a single brand outlet for The North Face opening. They recently opened a store on Grafton Street in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Think there has been a shift away from men's clothing company wide. But balloons. Ha

That was my reaction they even have the gas to blow them up for you as well.

My reaction was jeses times are hard when you you are putting everything into balloons ha

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

satanta99 wrote: »
    That store is 53 degrees North, which are a multi brand retailer that sells a variety of brands including The North Face. This looks to a be a single brand outlet for The North Face opening. They recently opened a store on Grafton Street in Dublin.

Yep you’re right! I always get annoyed when people mix the two up and there I go ha!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Meanwhile, Le Chateau have no competition which is annoying.

They exist in the lanes :)

Meanwhile, Le Chateau have no competition which is annoying.

Personally I wouldn't drink in that rude tourist trap that if it was the last place in Cork.

Oyster, Woodford instead

I miss Brian in the Hi B lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

A new restaurant is supposed to be going into the old Boots unit in Douglas Court
    And the opening of the Douglas Post Office is also imminent.

kub wrote: »
    A new restaurant is supposed to be going into the old Boots unit in Douglas Court

I understood that Dunnes had taken the Boots unit to expand. As far as I know there's no unit fireproofed to restaurant standard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Yes I was in Blackrock PO today and they said the Douglas PO will open on 20th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

happyday wrote: »
    Yes I was in Blackrock PO today and they said the Douglas PO will open on 20th January.

Given that Douglas Village Shopping Centre is closed until at least the summer period, where exactly Douglas Post Office be based when it re-opens on 20/01/2020 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Given that Douglas Village Shopping Centre is closed until at least the summer period, where exactly Douglas Post Office be based when it re-opens on 20/01/2020 ?

Douglas Court I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Looks like fit out is ongoing in the old Dailys unit in Douglas, most recently a Polish supermarket. No idea what's going in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

A restaurant tucked away in the far corner of the shopping centre beside the toilets? Christ they'd be better off just burning their money than go through all the hassle of setting up a restaurant there only for it to fail in 3 months time.

Heard this morning that Easons have been looking at Finns Corner, would make a lot of sense

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

snotboogie wrote: »
    Looks like fit out is ongoing in the old Dailys unit in Douglas, most recently a Polish supermarket. No idea what's going in there

Nothing has lasted there since Daly's closed. It would be nice to see something last there. Kubo and Bean and Leaf seem to be doing ok.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Douglas Court I believe.

Thanks - I know someone who will be delighted at this news!

I wonder if the lease on Douglas Post Office a Doughlas Court Shopping Centre will just be for temporary use OR' if it will remain open once Douglas Village Shopping Centre is fully re-opened later in the year.

I imagine that some of the smaller stand alone businesses in there will not reopen following the fire causing the extended closure.

Heard this morning that Easons have been looking at Finns Corner, would make a lot of sense

I wonder if EASON would have considered acquiring the former Quills/T R Lester building on left of main entrance to Savoy centre? I think it was EASON that had once traded in the former A-Wear outlet before moving to it's current location which was not far. EASON's current location was previously the ESB Retail Shop until around 1986 which then moved down to Academy Street for many years before they eventually sold off their entire retail store network.

I wonder if EASON would have considered acquiring the former Quills/T R Lester building on left of main entrance to Savoy centre? I think it was EASON that had once traded in the former A-Wear outlet before moving to it's current location which was not far. EASON's current location was previously the ESB Retail Shop until around 1986 which then moved down to Academy takenStreet for many years before they eventually sold off their entire retail store network.

That's part of the planning for the Savoy and already

Thanks - I know someone who will be delighted at this news!

I wonder if the lease on Douglas Post Office a Doughlas Court Shopping Centre will just be for temporary use OR' if it will remain open once Douglas Village Shopping Centre is fully re-opened later in the year.

I imagine that some of the smaller stand alone businesses in there will not reopen following the fire causing the extended closure.

The record shop is delighted with their new location, Dosco I believe, by he was talking about lower rent and easy parking so is say he will stay where he is

That's part of the planning for the Savoy and already

This is true of course - Sorry, I really meant to say I wonder if Eason's had been looking at this location with the unit empty as the units lay empty after Quills exit prior to the Clarendon Group purchasing it.

This is true of course - Sorry, I really meant to say I wonder if Eason's had been looking at this location with the unit empty as the units lay empty after Quills exit prior to the Clarendon Group purchasing it.

I think the Savoy Quills development has been in the bag for a while so possiy not an option. The Easons move is 2021 but I'd presume a fair bit of work needed in the new unit so Finns could be ideal.

It's either that or the Argos building which also has the upstairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

I think the Savoy Quills development has been in the bag for a while so possiy not an option. The Easons move is 2021 but I'd presume a fair bit of work needed in the new unit so Finns could be ideal.

Is Finns corner closing?

Advertisement