Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

That sign is up at Donoghues car wash for ages.

Hi Duvet Day. Is the garage still open?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

satanta99 wrote: »
    The post office is located in a new stand-alone premises located in the Douglas Court Shopping Centre, which is 100 yards away from the former premises.

100 yards?! :pac:

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi Duvet Day. Is the garage still open?

Sorry just seeing this now yes its open 7 days a week and thriving lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

namloc1980 wrote: »
    100 yards?! :pac:
    Must be a literal 100 (school)yards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Construction started to move onto the cinema site in Douglas for Aldi and also the field behind for the access road.

Looks like the fencing will still leave all of the front car park of the conema (by the garage) open for parking which is a relief.

Construction started to move onto the cinema site in Douglas for Aldi and also the field behind for the access road.

Looks like the fencing will still leave all of the front car park of the conema (by the garage) open for parking which is a relief.

Terrible use of that site. Prime location for a proper town centre mixed use development. Instead it'll be another concrete bunker surrounded by a sea of car parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

It truly is. That site is as close to a centrepiece site as any in the village and a ****ing Aldi is what they have decided to let in there... Not that the cinema was beautiful or anything but was a least a social activity outlet with some sense of occasion. The final nail in the Douglas coffin

Terrible use of that site. Prime location for a proper town centre mixed use development. Instead it'll be another concrete bunker surrounded by a sea of car parking.

In fairness its an eyesore as it is surrounded by car parking, at least the Aldi will open it up with glass & I believe extra small shop units.

I dont agree with the location for it, but visually it has to be better

In fairness its an eyesore as it is surrounded by car parking, at least the Aldi will open it up with glass & I believe extra small shop units.

I dont agree with the location for it, but visually it has to be better

Better but not great. Shouldn't have to settle just because it's a bit better, especially in a prime location.

• Advertisement

Better but not great. Shouldn't have to settle just because it's a bit better, especially in a prime location.

I agree especially as the planning is so old and traffic volumes have no doubt increased but unfortunately its on its way now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Is the driving range in blarney still open? Everytime I drop by its closed and no one answered the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭RINO87

Up at the campsite? Summer only I think

What's going in to the left of the back entrance to Penneys (as you look at it) in MacCurtain street

Corrected to Oliver Plunkett street in a later post (Friday brain)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

What's going in to the left of the back entrance to Penneys (as you look at it) in MacCurtain street

I don’t think you can see Penney’s from MacCurtain street.

I don’t think you can see Penney’s from MacCurtain street.

Sorry Oliver Plunkett Street

Sorry Oliver Plunkett Street

Dont think we know, it was discussed here not long ago, along with speculation about whats going on along Cook street
    https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=305784&page=82

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

Sorry just seeing this now yes its open 7 days a week and thriving lol.

I see, thanks DD.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Thali on Popes Quay seems to be gone. Something else there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Burty330 wrote: »
    Thali on Popes Quay seems to be gone. Something else there now.

They've relocated to Maylor Street, it's now an Indian restaurant called Mirch Massala, had their menu in my letterbox last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

opus wrote: »
    They've relocated to Maylor Street, it's now an Indian restaurant called Mirch Massala, had their menu in my letterbox last week.
    You think they'd keep the name as it seems to have almost cult status on this thread - never got there but if it's on Maylor St. then there's a good chance I could get in as I'd tend to park in Merchants Quay

Has the menu stayed the same more or less?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

D'Agger wrote: »
    You think they'd keep the name as it seems to have almost cult status on this thread - never got there but if it's on Maylor St. then there's a good chance I could get in as I'd tend to park in Merchants Quay

Has the menu stayed the same more or less?

The Indian on Pope's Quay is called Mirch Masala.
    The relocated Thali has kept the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The Indian on Pope's Quay is called Mirch Masala.
    The relocated Thali has kept the same name.
    Penny drops, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Activity on site this morning in South Mall.

It's a boarded up property 2 doors to the left of Electric as you look at it, before you get to the lights.

I was coming over the bridge behind and saw workmen inspecting what looks like a timber frame made of teak or similar, too nice to be internal frame, so I'm presuming it's wood/glass.

Wondering if it's another bar or restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

New Japanese Restaurant opening in old Centra in Douglas Village Im told.
    Anyone hear anything?

Activity on site this morning in South Mall.

It's a boarded up property 2 doors to the left of Electric as you look at it, before you get to the lights.

I was coming over the bridge behind and saw workmen inspecting what looks like a timber frame made of teak or similar, too nice to be internal frame, so I'm presuming it's wood/glass.

Wondering if it's another bar or restaurant

The redish looking building next to Cantillons solicitors? Great to see, it has a really cool patio area inside the river as you say with a conservatory looking building, perfect for a bar/ restaurant, or at least should suit as a nice office like Cantillons.

There was talk years ago of extending the boardwalk behind those buildings over to parliament bridge, assume its dropped off the agenda for now. Could be cool if you had bars using it, but might turn into a bit of a hidden corner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Dbu wrote: »
    New Japanese Restaurant opening in old Centra in Douglas Village Im told.
    Anyone hear anything?

Interesting, hadn't heard. There was someone doing some work on the exterior in the last couple of weeks, but it's back to looking deserted.

Fair play if they can make it work, that entire side of the street seems to be jinxed.

bingo9999 wrote: »
    The redish looking building next to Cantillons solicitors? Great to see, it has a really cool patio area inside the river as you say with a conservatory looking building, perfect for a bar/ restaurant, or at least should suit as a nice office like Cantillons.

There was talk years ago of extending the boardwalk behind those buildings over to parliament bridge, assume its dropped off the agenda for now. Could be cool if you had bars using it, but might turn into a bit of a hidden corner

Yep that's the one, hard hats on site today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Advertisement