Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

"No where does it specify that you have to reopen in the same physical space. Without restart grant Tabletop simply won’t continue "

they seem to be taking the p1ss really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

whatever76 wrote: »

That's the County Council for their shop in Bantry. The one in the City Council area got turned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Still no sign of New Look on Opera Lane reopening.
    Very worrying seeing as the Wilton branch is open already, if they go bust that’ll be a big space to fill on the lane.

Ballincollig shop is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You have to commit to reopen in the same unit, thats kind of the point of the grant. I applied for 2 premises after speaking to the rates department and that's what they told me. We moved half way through 2019 so I thought we could claim the rates for that unit as they were more but its only for the unit you were in at the time of the pandemic and re-open in. Your rates only measure the amount you are entitled too, it actually doesn't matter if you ever paid them, are in arrears or only just moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Mentioned that a new deli had opened up on Carey's lane. Passed it today to see that it was locked up. Not sure if it is closed for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

First time I've noticed this book shop so not sure how long it's there. Badly Made Books. I lived in that area a few years back, that used to be a hairdressers.

517909.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

opus wrote: »
    First time I've noticed this book shop so not sure how long it's there. Badly Made Books. I lived in that area a few years back, that used to be a hairdressers.

Wasn't there a coffee shop there a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Am I reading this right?
    Tabletop and bitching online that Cork City Council won't give them a grant to open a bar in Bantry?

Edit. On further reading, it seems that they wanted the Coco grant to move the business to an online shop. In my view, that's closing down an existing business and starting another. I don't think this grant is there to facilitate startups.

I wonder where the online business was going to be based?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Rituals are advertising their new store opening in Mahon Point on 2nd July

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Rituals are advertising their new store opening in Mahon Point on 2nd July

I do like there stuff this is coming from a man

I think there going into where golden disks were downstairs as golden disks has since moved upstairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Is the roundy bar gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

snotboogie wrote: »
    Is the roundy bar gone?

Don’t think so. Just a refurb the last I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Clarks shoes on Patrick Street not reopening. Signage telling customers to visit their Mahon store.

There will be very few U.K. chains left on Patrick Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

satanta99 wrote: »
    Clarks shoes on Patrick Street not reopening. Signage telling customers to visit their Mahon store.

Almost all UK chains are packing up shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Fudi & More are opening in the former Spar unit in the Moremiles centre in Blackpool. Fitout works are due to start this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Almost all UK chains are packing up shop.

At this rate is there going to be any shops left? Always preferred shopping in city centre to shopping centers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,347 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It might be tough, but if the UK mutiples are leaving then it's an opportunity to develop more of our own stores. We shouldn't be cloning every UK high street.

A niche stationary shop ........ and look at the prices............. €15 for a 115 page A5 notebook :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

satanta99 wrote: »

Clarks would be my first port of call when looking for new shoes as I find their sizing and fit works for me, however their selection of men's shoes in their Cork stores is/was
    pretty dire, when I questioned Clark's in the UK about this some years back they said that their stores are franchised and the selection of shoes is down to the local owner. Up to quite recently it wasn't possible to buy from Clark's online from Ireland but this has now changed which probably hasn't done stores with poor selections any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭RINO87

snotboogie wrote: »
    Is the roundy bar gone?

Jesus no, please no...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

What bars / restaurants are gone for sure in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭rob316

RINO87 wrote: »
    Jesus no, please no...

Don't even know how it could, its a very busy spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

RINO87 wrote: »
    Jesus no, please no...

Its getting a paint job at the moment, how could it be gone? Is sign removal for that confusing us?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

bingo9999 wrote: »
    Its getting a paint job at the moment, how could it be gone? Is sign removal for that confusing us?

Yes, They's hardly be painting it if it was closing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is the new look in Ballincollig open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

fin12 wrote: »
    Is the new look in Ballincollig open?

Yes, was on Monday anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Is the Edge sports shop closed up for good on Parnell Place? All the signs are gone along with the stuff on display in the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

Is the Edge sports shop closed up for good on Parnell Place? All the signs are gone along with the stuff on display in the windows.

Yes, their main shop is in Kinsale rd

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Saw that, kind of surprising after throwing up the new signage. I hope whoever goes in there next used (or at least protects) the old signage there. In the meantime let the Welcome Inn and Poor Relation expand seating in front of there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Is Oasis on Patrick St. closed up now? I know they were doing a liquidation sale

Advertisement