Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭opus

ofcork wrote: »
    Think that's the only one that's still closed?

The McD's on Winthrop St was open earlier when I walked past.

Noticed there's a gold bullion shop now open on Castle St. Didn't realise there was a market for that here, I picked up a few bars just in case it closes again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Sincere apologies to everyone about this. I only know the person as an acquaintance and they told me they worked in Easons. I have found out they do, but they worked in the small coffee shop that was upstairs. It was this that they meant. The coffee shop wont be reopening.

So hopefully the actual shop Easons will be but I don't know. Sorry for confusion.

Good news for the most part, thanks for updating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

ofcork wrote: »
    See McDonald on daunt square being painted must be reopening soon.

https://www.mcdonalds.ie/iehome/latest-updates/restaurant-updates.html

The website does not list Daunt Sq. TBF, the website seems to only list outlets that are open to some degree and there does not appear to by any outlets listed that are totally closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A company called M&P O'Sullivan has bought Brennan's cook shop and they'll reopen on the Sarsfield Road.

A company called M&P O'Sullivan has bought Brennan's cook shop and they'll reopen on the Sarsfield Road.

Food suppliers, they have the Gala and Homestead brands :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Two of the oldest companies in Cork combined which is great, but Sarsfield is not a re open

Sarsfield Road is M&P not Brennans. They've said they will expand their own place to accommodate the Brennans acquisition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

The natural food bakery on Paul street has closed with the building up for rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

The natural food bakery on Paul street has closed with the building up for rent.

I saw an article about that a while back - they were planning to close it to focus on other ventures ....

https://www.irishexaminer.com/property/arid-30982773.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I hear L'Attitude is due to open again?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I hear L'Attitude is due to open again?

Yep towards the end of August

• Advertisement

Odd question here - since lockdown there is always a line outside Bazzers on Washington street, fair enough, but Ive noticed its predominantly young girls half the time. Do they do girls hair? Assumed that was a short razor type place. Just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭ofcork

Noticed that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Piercings and tattoos are done there too as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭ofcork

Pen Rua wrote: »
    https://www.mcdonalds.ie/iehome/latest-updates/restaurant-updates.html

The website does not list Daunt Sq. TBF, the website seems to only list outlets that are open to some degree and there does not appear to by any outlets listed that are totally closed.

They were still painting it this morning maybe a few weeks so.

Surprised Electric isn't open yet

It is isnt it? Ernest was talking about first day back a few weeks ago on linkedin

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ernestcantillon_the-morning-after-the-night-before-just-ugcPost-6687331768326008832-M6zB

Atually looks like you are right, but only open Wednesday to Saturday from 4pm which explains why its looked closed when I've driven by :)

Thompsons Restaurant & Microbrewery on MacCurtain St opening tomorrow (6-Aug).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭rob316

O'Conaill Chocolate on french church street, gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

rob316 wrote: »

From Facebook:
    Dear customers,
    we regret to inform you that we will not be reopening our cafe on French Church St.
    This is as a direct result of being unable to devise a way to trade safely and effectively in French Church St during this crisis, and does not in any way jeapordise the other areas of our business, all of which continue to trade.
    We will be reopening our shop and bakery at 32 Princes St in the near future and hope to see all our customers there soon.
    Finally, we would like to thank every one of you for supporting us so enthusiastically over the many years that we traded on French Church St. Your support has always meant a lot to us and never more so than in the last few months.
    With heartfelt thanks,
    Casey & Fernanda, O Conaill Chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

opus wrote: »

Omg that place looks amazing. Their food n drink menus are so nice. A salted caramel White Russian, can’t wait to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

rob316 wrote: »

Balls, was a nice spot.

dulpit wrote: »
    From Facebook:

I don’t really get that, they could easily have operated take away only all though lockdown - one way in one way out and I would imagine takeaway is a lot of their business anyway.

There are a number of places who I can’t understand why they didn’t operate as takeaway only right though the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I don’t really get that, they could easily have operated take away only all though lockdown - one way in one way out and I would imagine takeaway is a lot of their business anyway.

There are a number of places who I can’t understand why they didn’t operate as takeaway only right though the lockdown.

The place is tiny though, the staff wouldn't be able to work without being on top of each other, and queuing on French Church Street must be difficult with the narrowness there too

Looking forward to trying this as it's only a few mins walk from where I live :)

Well-known Cork bistro re-opens today as Syrian friends bring boost to Shandon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Was looking forward to that opening for a while! MacCurtain St doing well with all new food places and existing pubs and restaurants in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was looking forward to that opening for a while! MacCurtain St doing well with all new food places and existing pubs and restaurants in fairness

Glad to hear they're opening, is it the Cotton Ball who are operating it? or is it leased out to someone else? Nothing groundbreaking on the menu but if it's done well there's nothing at all wrong with it and I'm a fan of their beers. Hopefully it will inject even more life into the street which has come on an awful lot in the last few years like you said. Let's hope anyone with aversion to crossing the river can get over it. I've come across this in the past, I think it's more a perception of being far away than a fear of us Norries.
    Anyway, good luck to them or whatever you say to a new bar? break a glass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Looking forward to trying this as it's only a few mins walk from where I live :)

That sounds interesting, I love middle eastern food so will be checking that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Great!
    Very close to me, too and I had no idea it was opening!
    Big mistake, imo, keeping the name.
    Some mightn't agree but I think the 4 Liars was a strong contender for the worst restaraunt in Cork. Why would you keep that name?
    They'll inherit all the terrible Trip Advisor reviews!

Advertisement