Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Sonrisa wrote: »
    I was there Sunday afternoon, nice to be able to sit outside.

Mains were tasty, simple middle Eastern food done well I though. That was one of their wives alright, I asked :)

I thought the deserts were particularly good. I got basbousa, which is a kind of a semolina orange cake. Huge portion, took some home for my granny who loved it. And the super strong Arabic coffee!

Do you know if they have a phone number? Wanted to call them yesterday and ask for a takeaway. None of the numbers online worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Do you know if they have a phone number? Wanted to call them yesterday and ask for a takeaway. None of the numbers online worked.

Might not be set up yet? Try messaging them on facebook- I did in advance on sunday wondering if they were open and they replied quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Merchants Quay closed for a while today supposedly? Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,157 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Shoe Zone in Blackpool Shopping Centre is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Pandora on Wintrhop St closed and says to let. Patricks Street store still open. always wondered why they had two open right next to eachother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,157 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is The Commons Inn Hotel closed for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

fin12 wrote: »
    F*ck sake, all the shops I like are gone.

You'll shop exclusively in Penney's from now on and you'll like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭rob316

New Look still shut on opera lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

You'll shop exclusively in Penney's from now on and you'll like it!

Don’t think so. I only really like Penney’s autumn /winter collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

rob316 wrote: »
    New Look still shut on opera lane.

It’s obviously gone. Must be the cost of the rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

fin12 wrote: »
    It’s obviously gone. Must be the cost of the rent.

The group were restructuring which included the closure of Douglas Court so I guess planned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

There was still stock in the shop though when I was there last week and a friend who works across the way has seen people going in and out of the shop, almost as if they are remodeling it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Probably trying to renegotiate rent with the landlord on the unit and seen can they re-open. Commercial agent I spoke to said most high street retailers are looking to negotiate there leases down to lower base figures, topped up with turnover performance payments. It's going to be very common going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Thats good, the way it should be really - city could be far more vibrant if rents were more manageble, and a turnover based element to it means landlords have a stake in the businesses success which can only be good, may lead to better upkeep of premises even

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

opus wrote: »

Noticed there's a gold bullion shop now open on Castle St. Didn't realise there was a market for that here, I picked up a few bars just in case it closes again ;)

Do you happen to have a name for that place?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

Is the Mall sandwich shop on the South Mall gone for good as well?
    Shutters down since last week and no signs

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

It was open when I was in the city centre recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Passed New Look on Opera lane today. The lights were on and staff inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Dbu wrote: »
    Is the Mall sandwich shop on the South Mall gone for good as well?
    Shutters down since last week and no signs

Yes, unfortunately, it closed last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Yes, unfortunately, it closed last week.

They were doing work on it last week And removing some old equipment , I expect it will reopen shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

They were doing work on it last week And removing some old equipment , I expect it will reopen shortly.

Maybe, but a colleague of mine was in there a few weeks ago and was told by the owner they were closing in a fortnight. So unless it's been sold I think it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭opus

thomil wrote: »
    Do you happen to have a name for that place?

523402.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Like in the last recession this shops will start to pop up.
    Dry cleaner in Wilton shopping center also not to reopen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Harika wrote: »
    Like in the last recession this shops will start to pop up.
    Dry cleaner in Wilton shopping center also not to reopen

Was that more cash for gold last time out? Is it that gold might hold its value better than shares so people with spare cash might be keen to invest during recession or something?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was that more cash for gold last time out? Is it that gold might hold its value better than shares so people with spare cash might be keen to invest during recession or something?

I guess so? Not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

dulpit wrote: »
    The place is tiny though, the staff wouldn't be able to work without being on top of each other, and queuing on French Church Street must be difficult with the narrowness there too

Cork Coffee Rosters managed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

bevan619 wrote: »
    Cork Coffee Rosters managed it.
    This. Surprised given that O'Connaills has two doors - it would be easier for them to manage entry & exit that Cork Coffee Roasters across the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

Maybe, but a colleague of mine was in there a few weeks ago and was told by the owner they were closing in a fortnight. So unless it's been sold I think it's gone.

Thats a pity, if true
    Always did a decent sandwich there
    I suppose with more and more people working from home, their business was down

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

KPMG next door were just back, but of course thats done now for another month. Would be a shame to see them go now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Lifestyle in Ballincollig shopping centre are gone. Not too surprising with Cummins and Sports Direct either side of them.

Advertisement