Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving direct debit details without knowing if you want to sign yet

Options
  • 11-10-2015 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

My partner and I are preparing ourselves for buying a house.

We have talked with a broker and with a life insurance company, and they told us to fill several forms. My doubt is that we were told to fill direct debit info but without knowing exactly how much we will have to pay, or the kind of mortgage that we will have. Is that a normal thing to do? I don´t like to give my bank details and sign things that I don't know if I want yet...

Also the broker is giving me forms and forms to fill, but he is not explaining me anything at all. I don't know if that's normal as well, or not.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

akesha wrote: »
    Hi all,

My partner and I are preparing ourselves for buying a house.

We have talked with a broker and with a life insurance company, and they told us to fill several forms. My doubt is that we were told to fill direct debit info but without knowing exactly how much we will have to pay, or the kind of mortgage that we will have. Is that a normal thing to do? I don´t like to give my bank details and sign things that I don't know if I want yet...

Also the broker is giving me forms and forms to fill, but he is not explaining me anything at all. I don't know if that's normal as well, or not.

Thanks in advance!!

I got income protection recently, and I was asked for my bank details too, before I confirmed that I was going ahead with the policy. I think that's standard enough, but if you don't want to give them, then don't. If he's trying to sell you something, he should be putting time into explaining what it is. If you're not happy, then go to someone else. I don't like pushy sales people, so I tend to steer clear of their product when they start to push!

Advertisement