Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poland V Ireland 19:45 [RTE2] 11/10/2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Dunphys embodies what most of yiz rattle on about. Expected more agreement with him from ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Dunphy bang out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Dunphy isn't even entertaining anymore.
    He's become a parody of himself these days. Time to put him out to grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is "Wes" someones illegitimate son?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Dunphy is already "tired and emotional"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Harsh on Neil O'Riordan here too. Fairly useful statistic to report and useful for Darragh to report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MD1990 wrote: »
    Dunphy is a clown. Hoolahan clearly can't play 2 games so close to one another & was honest to say he couldn't start. No problem & hopefully he can make an impact of the bench.

Don't care...it's great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

'No I won't drop it" :):)

Darragh reads the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Dunphy throwing out his 'I played the game' card cos he's rattled.

Get him, Darragh!

For 17 years no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Eamon out of order here. Big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Brady's had enough of this already by the looks of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dunphy can show a real nasty streak sometimes. Feel sorry for Darragh dealing with his carry-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Gile's doesn't think Wes should be on bench :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Brady stepping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

An old fashioned 4-4-2. Pity about Hoolahan not fit. Get stuck in and beat the Poles.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭LordAwesome

Dunphy comparing his fitness playing football when players drank beer and chips before games to the highly tuned professional athletes of the modern era. Completely irrelevant. #WhatAJoke

Impact sub.

Giles is worst just agrees with eamon all the time.

Dinosaurs.

ColeTrain wrote: »

Nah, just leave him at home even if you can have him on the bench for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Dunphy getting rattled because Darragh doesn't agree with him. I was waiting for him to take his mic off and slam it on the table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Posted this in the generic qualification thread:

"Am I right in saying Germany losing (as unlikely as it is) and Ireland drawing 2-2 would get a top spot for Ireland?"

Any idea lads and lasses??

Dinosaurs really showing how out of touch they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Dunphy's going to give Daragh a wedgie during the break.

ColeTrain wrote: »

Well in fairness if you're not fit then you shouldn't be and that's why they are doubting O'Neill's answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Maloney well able for a bully like Dunphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Dunphy can show a real nasty streak sometimes. Feel sorry for Darragh dealing with his carry-on.

He has a few on him. That is clear.

• Advertisement

Dinosaurs really showing how out of touch they are.

I love their passion and it's better than any other channels bland/slick offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

RikkFlair wrote: »

Two gigs in close proximity, frying his brains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

That's some of the weirdest telly I've watched in awhile.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well in fairness if you're not fit then you shouldn't be and that's why they are doubting O'Neill's answer.

You may not be fit for 90 mins. But you can be for 20.

Have you ever seen players been taken off because their tired? Yes it happens all the time.

Talking nonsense like eamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Everyone is going on about what Poland can do but they haven't beaten us or Scotland, a very similar level of team to us, in three matches. I, for one, am not in the slightest bit frightened of them. Stop Lewandowski and you stop Poland basically. Keep it tight, which seems to be MoN's gameplan and I think we'll do ok. I don't see us not scoring.

• Advertisement

"Not fit" can mean only fit to play 20 mins. Giles doesn't seem to realise this - he played the game in a completely different era as regards fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Nib wrote: »
    Dunphy's going to give Daragh a wedgie during the break.

Hopefully Bill will pull some strings. ..

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Jon Stark wrote: »
    He has a few on him. That is clear.

This type of stuff is said almost every time Dunphy loses the head and it's just not true. He wouldn't get away with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Don't agree with that at all, you can be fit for 30 minutes and be used as an impact sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You have to feel for Brady, the man must be deaf in his left ear at this stage.

I'd say in less than 10 posts on boards soccer forum and Dunphy would be site banned for trolling if he open and account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭briany

I like the panel but the three of them probably shouldn't be on together. They're far too comfortable with one another. They're at their best when an outsider is brought to give insightful analysis and let Dunphy just be entertainment value.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    You may not be fit for 90 mins. But you can be for 20.

Have you ever seen players been taken off because their tired? Yes it happens all the time.

Talking nonsense like eamon.
    Amirani wrote: »
    "Not fit" can mean only fit to play 20 mins. Giles doesn't seem to realise this - he played the game in a completely different era as regards fitness.

O'Neill said he's injured and was in pain in the last match, so it's not just a 'fitness' issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Will "Eammo" be offering an apology for acting the total c u next tuesday? I won't hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

SeaFields wrote: »
    That's some of the weirdest telly I've watched in awhile.

No need for apres match.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    I like the panel but the three of them probably shouldn't be on together. They're far too comfortable with one another. They're at their best when an outsider is brought to give insightful analysis and let Dunphy just be entertainment value.

Agreed. Brady, Sadlier, Cunningham are far more clued in. Helps that they've been involved in the game the past 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

MD1990 wrote: »
    Dunphy is a clown. Hoolahan clearly can't play 2 games so close to one another & was honest to say he couldn't start. No problem & hopefully he can make an impact of the bench.

can he not start and play 60 mins and then go off tired?
    ward did not travel because he was not match fit,

I'm sure wes will not turn around and tell his club manager he's too tired, he'll start their next game no problem.

O'Neill said he's injured and was in pain in the last match, so it's not just a 'fitness' issue.

No no.

We're taking about what Giles said here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

This type of stuff is said almost every time Dunphy loses the head and it's just not true. He wouldn't get away with that.

It's not said all the time man, when's the last time you saw him lose the head like that? Probably when he was suspended for doing something similar.

He just went on a bizarre rant over Hoolahan being dropped when the manager said he was injured! Why would O'Neil lie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No need to. Darragh can hold his own against the panel in fairness. I think he's a very good presenter.

Dunphy's talking nonsence. Wes Hoolahan is decent enough, but Dunphy makes him out to be Zinedine Zidane. He never even heard of him about four or five years ago and when he finally did, he thought he was a young lad coming through, when in reality he was already in his late twenties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

He said he had a foot problem, felt sore and couldn't start. Nothing wrong with not starting him but have him on the bench to see if he can do anything in the last 20-30 mins.

He just went on a bizarre rant over Hoolahan being dropped when the manager said he was injured! Why would O'Neil lie?

Why travel to the match if your injured? if your injured, then your not going to come on as a sub - so why take someone else' place?

Why would O'Neil lie?

football managers lie all the time.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why travel to the match if your injured? if your injured, then your not going to come on as a sub - so why take someone else' place?

there are no "spaces" on the bench.

• Advertisement

there are no "spaces" on the bench.

Shay given didn't travel, so Rob Elliot traveled to the team.

Let's say Wes comes on with 20 mins to go as 3rd sub, and breaks down with soreness - we play with 10 men - lets see how happy you are then?

Advertisement