Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me buy a good phone

Options
  • 11-10-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

So my Iphone 5s packed in last night , on the hunt for something with

(a) Good battery life
    (b) excellent camera
    (c) something reputable

anyone got any ideas , i'm lost between all the galaxy, apple and htc phones , just wondering what people would recommend

Budget is not a factor :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

iPhone 6s Plus.

If you had an Apple already, it'll be easier to move your apps/info from your old phone (even if the phone is dead, you can still re-download all your purchased apps to the new device via iTunes) and the 6S Plus is just a beast of a phone.

I've a 6 Plus myself, which is great, so there's no real reason to move up to the S version, but I still want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nexus 6P...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

DivingDuck wrote: »
    iPhone 6s Plus.

If you had an Apple already, it'll be easier to move your apps/info from your old phone (even if the phone is dead, you can still re-download all your purchased apps to the new device via iTunes) and the 6S Plus is just a beast of a phone.

I've a 6 Plus myself, which is great, so there's no real reason to move up to the S version, but I still want one.

have everyting backed up to itunes so should be safe :) is the 6plus good on battery etc ? my mate has one it looks like a rather large phone il check them up online :) +1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Fieldog wrote: »
    Nexus 6P...

:)

looks like a quality phone ! :) dont know anyone at all with a a nexus though lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

pudzey101 wrote: »
    have everyting backed up to itunes so should be safe :) is the 6plus good on battery etc ? my mate has one it looks like a rather large phone il check them up online :) +1

I have the regular rather than the S version, but it's been great for me. I can stretch it to 3 days with light use, and it always lasts the day even with fairly heavy usage (video, internet, etc.).

The camera on the S Plus has been upgraded, too, and has gotten a pretty good reception.

If you enjoyed the 5S you had, the 6S will be more of the same, but better. I prefer the Plus version for the extended battery, and larger, more comfortable screen, but both are pretty decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

pudzey101 wrote: »
    my mate has one it looks like a rather large phone il check them up online :) +1

you can check the size of phones here

Advertisement