Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - set up

Options
  • 11-10-2015 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently picked up an xbox one for gaming but I know it is great as a media centre too for streaming, downloading etc.

I would like to know what it the best set up to get the most out of the xbox one in terms of gaming, streaming, watching movies,surfing the web etc. I have googled this but all I get is a list of extras I should buy, gaming seats, dual screens etc.

If i buy anything it would be surround speakers or a sounder. But for now I just want to know the best set up for the above,

thanks

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm not fully sure what you're looking for.

Best value for gaming would be EA Access at €25 for the year, you get 10+ full games as well as multiple 10 hour full access trials of upcoming games.

For media, I would highly recommend a kinect if you don't have one which can be picked up for €50 with a 12 month warranty from CeX it's great for walking into a room with plates of food and drinks etc and instead of having to pick up a controller you can just say "xbox play" to pause & start your video.

Other options would include the Media Remote Control to use instead of an xbox controller.

and of course Smartglass app for your phone.

Advertisement