Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom F2000 DDNS problem

Options
  • 11-10-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have just changed over to high speed fibre service from eircom and am trying to sync up my dyn.org account on the router. I have preformed this task many times in the past on different routers by just inputting my host / user name and password in the DDNS section on the router. Open ports and all is good to go. However on the new F2000 router it is asking me for my 'domain name' which is a mystery to me .
    Any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 spuddastud

Likewise pal. I'm getting invalid hostname. Any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hs5424

Don't know what the domain name is. I have never be requested to input it on any router.
    My user name' yes. My host name' yes. My password' yes, but what the ***k is the domain name.
    I changed the router for the 1000 model which does not require a domain name and all worked including opening ports etc first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Straight from the website - https://help.dyn.com/support-wizard/
    When we refer to a “host” or “hostname”, we’re referring to your DynDNS or Dyn Standard DNS record, such as myhost.dyndns.org

Advertisement