Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay blacklisted 5c

• 11-10-2015 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭

I won a 5c in an auction for £49 (starting price)

Doesn't say it's cloud locked (i wanted one for parts anyway even if it is) just blacklisted so I assume if I get it unlocked it will work here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nope, cloud locked is not the same as blacklisted. Blacklisted is when the IMEI is blocked by a network(s) in a country. Cloud locking is when you need the iTunes user/password combination to start the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

chrislad wrote: »
    Nope, cloud locked is not the same as blacklisted. Blacklisted is when the IMEI is blocked by a network(s) in a country. Cloud locking is when you need the iTunes user/password combination to start the phone.

I know that but there's nothing stated on the listing that says its cloud lock. If it is then it was parts for a badly broken 16gb 5c so its no loss.

As it's coming with a case etc (users profile since 2003 mostly clothes/makeup listings) I assume its was her phone she was the original owner
    What I want to know is if it's not cloud locked, just blacklisted will it still work here if I get it unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I know that but there's nothing stated on the listing that says its cloud lock. If it is then it was parts for a badly broken 16gb 5c so its no loss.

As it's coming with a case etc (users profile since 2003 mostly clothes/makeup listings) I assume its was her phone she was the original owner
    What I want to know is if it's not cloud locked, just blacklisted will it still work here if I get it unlocked

It *should* work, if the network that blacklisted it doesn't share their blocklist with any network here.

Advertisement