Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I make with...

Options
  • 11-10-2015 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

So, yesterday I went shopping with an idea of making a fairly lazy, but tasty spaghetti bolognese-type hybrid. Got brown pasta bows, and pesto and pine nuts and also going to add carrots and peppers and mushrooms and aubergine. I got sweet potatoes too, but I can't see them going in there. Then the usual tinned tomato and garlic and onions. I have loads of herbs. Actually, I just realised that I forgot to get bacon. Dammit..

Anyway, I normally mince meat myself, so I got some steak, but, now that I go to start cooking, my mincer is not working.

I'm feeling total uninspired - I can't make bolognese with cut up meat? The shops are closed over here on a Sunday, so I can't get mince now. I was hoping to make something nice and handy for the next few days, but I have no idea what. I have some Heublumenrebell cheese too, so I was thinking of a bake using the sweet potato instead of the pasta, but those ingredients aren't really making me think of a bake.

Any genius ideas from you knowledgeable guys?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

If you have the time and patience, cut up your steak, sear it, cover it in your sauce of choice, and make a slow-cooked ragu. The meat should fall apart and be delicious with pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

If you have any sausages cut the skins off & squeeze out the meat. Super lazy insta bolognese meat.

Edit: Use the beef & veg - the aubergine for goulash

Advertisement