Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupational therapy work experience query?

Options
  • 11-10-2015 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some advice regarding work experience in occupational therapy. I am currently looking into applying for an OT postgrad in the UK/Ireland. I've contacted a few of the hospital departments and got email addresses to contact regarding placement. I got a call back from an occupational therapist at a mental health facility saying that due to insurance reasons they could not offer me any shadowing experience.

Anyone got any experience with similar in the last few years and would know if the requirement for insurance something found across the board or just specific mental health setting? Is it possible to get insurance to cover me?

I'm doing a B.A in Sociology and my university does Occupational therapy as an undergrad so will contact them to see if they can help me out in any fashion.

Advertisement