Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Beauty show 2015

Options
  • 11-10-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

Anybody go to the show today? Any good offers? I'm doing a beauty course at college and was hoping to pick up some new brushes and products there tomorrow.

Was it worth going to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I wasn't at it and won't be going but I did see on The Beautiful Truth Facebook page that there was counterfeit branded make up being sold at it apparently.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBeautTruth?fref=ts

https://instagram.com/p/8syytQOkzb/

Don't know the full story as I've only just seen it myself. Might be worth checking out though to try and avoid being scammed if you do go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wow! How the hell did that get through??

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I wasn't at it and won't be going but I did see on The Beautiful Truth Facebook page that there was counterfeit branded make up being sold at it apparently.
    I saw a photo of the stand taken by someone at the show - it's disgraceful that is allowed to happen. IMO, it takes from the credibility of the show & the legit brands that take stands at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The beauty show is an absolute joke. It is supposed to be a trade show, it's anything but.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The Beautiful Truth has an updated re the fake palettes
    https://www.facebook.com/TheBeautTruth?fref=nf

Personally I don't know how the stand was allowed to trade there all day. Do organisers not go around and check the stands at all? They had entered as a tanning stand, one glance by organisers would have sussed them out very easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

To be honest I don't think they'd have cared if it hadn't got out all over social media. They had a lot of ridiculous stands. Fortunes being read, handbags being sold, people trying to recruit sellers for ridiculous companies.
    There was kids all over the place despite it being an over 16s event.

It's not well run, it's not well organised, it's not in anyway professional. Might as well have been at a car boot sale to be honest.
    Some companies even had higher prices at the show!

On buttercups website, my tunic is 45 euro to buy. At the show yesterday, it was 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Well I went, I got loads of stuff for my kit at great prices so I'm happy with that. I had already made a list of things that I needed and got them all discounted so I can't complain there. To be honest I didn't see anything worth complaining about. The ques at blank canvas and crown brush were a pain but that was to be expected. Some companies had more expensive items so I just went to other stands to get the same type of product at a better price.

I think the only fault I had was there was too much time in between demonstrations, I only got to see 3 demos. I didn't want to wait around all evening for everything else.

The fake Naked palettes were not there yesterday, they had been removed. The organizers have apparently said they are working on getting refunds for those who bought at the stand. It's still disgraceful they managed to get in in the first place. I'm not a fan of the Naked palettes in general but I know a fake one when i see it so I can't understand how people were silly enough to fall for them.

I thought the 3 for 2 offer on buttercups uniforms was a brilliant offer, They were €25 the same as I paid for mine. I would have bought them only I just received mine from college last week.

I didn't see any kids or fortune tellers, I did find the hand bag stand ridiculous though.

Advertisement