Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Movie 2015 ....... So Far

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Anyway, another film worth mentioning which I seen last week in the IFI is 99 Homes. Was shown at the JDIFF festival during the year. It's excellent. I just double checked the year to make sure that wasn't a 2014 film also... and unbelievably, it is :P

99 Homes was good alright, a little preachy in places but a well made, timely drama.

Another film from JDIFF that has disappeared is the Viggo Mortensen starring, French/Algerian 'western' Far From Men. Excellent film with great photography and a Nick Cave/Warren Ellis soundtrack. Could probably be on 2015 or 2016 best of lists whenever it gets a proper release here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Jurassic World
    I generally stick to the US theatrical release dates but that's only because it'd become a f*cking nightmare to check back on specific years using another measure. There's no need to be overly pedantic about it, and I say that as a gigantic pedant.
    It's a bit stupid though, because it means I'm leaving out Whiplash, Selma, Wild, Inherent Vice, the Tale of the Princess Kaguya, Song of the Sea and Christ knows what else. A lot of the awards season things don't even come out in huge portions of the US until the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

You may add Beasts of No Nation to this list. Powerful stuff. Cary Fukunaga is proving to be a very fine director.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Jurassic World
    bajer101 wrote: »
    You may add Beasts of No Nation to this list. Powerful stuff. Cary Fukunaga is proving to be a very fine director.

No doubt about his talent. Pity that he seems to be a nightmare for people to work with

No doubt about his talent. Pity that he seems to be a nightmare for people to work with

Was that not just Pizzaloto having trouble with him on True Detective 1? I haven't heard of any other trouble. And judging by how bad True Detective 2 was, maybe Fukunaga was right? Not saying you are wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Jurassic World
    Nothing has come close to Mad Max for me. Avengers was ok.

Hoping spectre, Star Wars and sicaro are as good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Jurassic World
    don ramo wrote: »
    well as i know from talking with you before e_e your well into your visual storytelling, i do love great visuals, but i tend to need more than a coy eye glance to tell me a story, there is a clear story in mad max, just not a very good one in my opinion, the film was padded out with spectacle in my opinion, no different than any other CGI hollywood blockbuster,
    Well it is a visual medium. Otherwise it'd be a bit like buying an album and the liner notes are more interesting than the music. ;)

I expect to be shown rather than told, as for padded out with spectacle? Have to respectfully disagree. Even watching various parts on YouTube I can see where theme and character is established and expanded upon. Even in the first 40 minutes of action there are a lot of plot details that come to the fore through the conflict. For 2 hours of crazy excitement there isn't an ounce of fat on it as everything serves a purpose. Every aspect of the film has been labored over to such an extent that there's so much substance to be discovered from just looking at. What's so brilliant about the film imo is that it becomes as deep or as shallow as you want it to be given your expectations and the amount you're willing to read into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Inside Out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I found Mad Max thrilling from start to finish, actually felt exhilarated leaving the cinema.

But then, Inside Out really tugged on my heartstrings.

On top of that, Sicario was a fantastic watch too.

Can't decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
    e_e wrote: »
    Well it is a visual medium. Otherwise it'd be a bit like buying an album and the liner notes are more interesting than the music. ;)

I expect to be shown rather than told, as for padded out with spectacle? Have to respectfully disagree. Even watching various parts on YouTube I can see where theme and character is established and expanded upon. Even in the first 40 minutes of action there are a lot of plot details that come to the fore through the conflict. For 2 hours of crazy excitement there isn't an ounce of fat on it as everything serves a purpose. Every aspect of the film has been labored over to such an extent that there's so much substance to be discovered from just looking at. What's so brilliant about the film imo is that it becomes as deep or as shallow as you want it to be given your expectations and the amount you're willing to read into it.
    its also a audio storytelling medium, silent films died out cause we moved on and added audio,

i think it was overly visual for no reason other than to have the visuals, and stupid CGI ones at that, i just couldnt get invested into the film it was very off putting, it wasnt exciting at all, it trotted along at 5KPH and bumped it up to 60 2 or 3 times, maybe 5 or 6, standard blockbuster pace, 80% fat, the film would have functioned perfectly fine without max, hes just seemed completely irrelevant to the entire story, thus negating the films name, and the name fury road was indicate a road that goes from start to end, and not
    circle back around
    after an hour and a half,

you see dept, and i see shallow,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Mad Max: Fury Road
    Other: Ant man

Jurassic World
    its also a audio storytelling medium
    Which in the modern climate is often used as a far too lazy storytelling shorthand. Look at Marvel having far too many boring and flat scenes of characters standing around explaining things to each other. The worst crime of these scenes is that they add absolutely nothing to the experience and pander to the kind of viewer who think a great film is one with just tedious narrative logic out the arse.
    i think it was overly visual for no reason other than to have the visuals, and stupid CGI ones at that,
    The film has far more practical effects than the average blockbuster today. The cars were real and were all hand-crafted with world-building detail, even all of the characters have character through what they wear and how they behave. It's a remarkably tactile experience in comparison to what we've been getting with big budgets. What CGI there is is there to accentuate the tactility instead of detract from it. Watching the film I could maybe tell you 5 seconds of overt CG in a 2 hour experience.

I don't even know what "just to have the visuals" even means in this context either. Are you saying that a director shouldn't use the images to his/her advantage? What sense does that make?
    it trotted along at 5KPH and bumped it up to 60 2 or 3 times, maybe 5 or 6, standard blockbuster pace,
    What do you mean? The film tells its story with an intensity and drive we rarely see in blockbusters.
    80% fat,
    ...and yet I could tell you the narrative, thematic and character purpose for just about every scene in the movie.
    the film would have functioned perfectly fine without max, hes just seemed completely irrelevant to the entire story, thus negating the films name,
    Absolutely not, especially the fact that he is the one telling the story. He is also there to serve as the heroic masculine counterpart to Immorten Joe, like Nux and the women he has also been harmed by his negative power structure and the film becomes about the hope and positive power that this group of people have when fighting together. Every single character in the film is vital to the whole group surviving and part of the movie's message is the strength of a unit instead of the usual story of one guy taking over and saving the poor womenz.

The film is also about
    him being wracked with anger, guilt and madness over letting so many people die, so the film serves as his redemption in that case too.
    and the name fury road was indicate a road that goes from start to end, and not
    circle back around
    after an hour and a half
    That seems absurdly literal and pedantic tbh. You could say that about any great movie, you know there isn't that much redemption in Shawshank either. ;)

Which in the modern climate is often used as a far too lazy storytelling shorthand. Look at Marvel having far too many boring and flat scenes of characters standing around explaining things to each other. The worst crime of these scenes is that they add absolutely nothing to the experience and pander to the kind of viewer who think a great film is one with just tedious narrative logic out the arse.

jesus pick an easier target to explain modern film storytelling, why not use nightcrawler, whiplash or birdman, instead of picking the easiest target there is to pick, id rather a film have a great well written script and add to it with great visuals, but like i said before thats just me, it is my opinion,
    The film has far more practical effects than the average blockbuster today. The cars were real and were all hand-crafted with world-building detail, even all of the characters have character through what they wear and how they behave. It's a remarkably tactile experience in comparison to what we've been getting with big budgets. What CGI there is is there to accentuate the tactility instead of detract from it. Watching the film I could maybe tell you 5 seconds of overt CG in a 2 hour experience.

well more of less all the scenery and action was CG, all the weather, but thats pretty obvious, just cause someone built a few cars doesnt mean its adding character, im sure all the car were built to look rugged and cool, i thought they looked **** myself, all the guys were just wearing retarded leather outfits, or no outfits and painted white to represent servitude, christopher nolan also does his best to use as much practical effects as possible, gulermoe del toro uses a lot to, jj abrams and michael bay, for all their use of cg, also use just as much practical effects in their films as was used here, maybe not all of their films, but enough to justify mention, mad max by no way deserves special mention,
    I don't even know what "just to have the visuals" even means in this context either. Are you saying that a director shouldn't use the images to his/her advantage? What sense does that make?

it was just over the top, just like the visuals in speed racer, not as bad as that, but enough for me to take a disliking to it, i think the director should have had a better script written, instead of relying on effects to get the job done, which is a major problem hollywood has these days, and this film is no exception
    What do you mean? The film tells its story with an intensity and drive we rarely see in blockbusters.

and lacks story like we always see these days, they just added a little more action, action films are a dime a dozen, we get 20 a year, yeah fair enough this has probably 50% more, but that doesnt mean its a better film,
    ...and yet I could tell you the narrative, thematic and character purpose for just about every scene in the movie.

im pretty sure youd give me a reason for every scene in the film, and id be almost certain youd be nowhere near the what the writer was actually thinking when he wrote the majority of it, just cause you see depth in something doesnt mean its actually there, i love to read into things to, but over time i learned there isnt always a deeper meaning to something,
    Absolutely not, especially the fact that he is the one telling the story. He is also there to serve as the heroic masculine counterpart to Immorten Joe, like Nux and the women he has also been harmed by his negative power structure and the film becomes about the hope and positive power that this group of people have when fighting together. Every single character in the film is vital to the whole group surviving and part of the movie's message is the strength of a unit instead of the usual story of one guy taking over and saving the poor womenz.

usual story :confused:, how is one guy taking over the womenz a usual story, max was there, thats about as much as i know, he threw his weight around a bit, to be expected, i just didnt relate to the characters, and the main bad guy was just completely moronic altogether, more over the top ****, just taking me more and more out of the film, all the extra characters are just there to make the story more convoluted, and tack on an extra 60mins, i didnt really care for them,
    The film is also about
    him being wracked with anger, guilt and madness over letting so many people die, so the film serves as his redemption in that case too.

so what, i didnt really give a ****, like i said the film would have been been better without him, or if it was called furiosa, you know, after the main character in the film, the only one who drove what little plot was there forward,
    That seems absurdly literal and pedantic tbh. You could say that about any great movie, you know there isn't that much redemption in Shawshank either.

it is absurdly literal and it is pedantic, cause the film is ****ing stupid, and makes me feel i need to say these things,

im a big believer in being sucked into a film, this film just ticked all the wrong boxes for me, i was just giving my opinion on why i didnt like it, and now that i had to expand on it further, i ****ing hate the thing even more, so cheers for that,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Complaining that Mad Max is over the top seems a little silly. The film is unashamedly bat**** crazy and deliberately over the top, imo. They were clearly revelling in the madness of it all, which was a huge part of the fun, for me. The film goes at 100 miles an hour. Fine, if you don't like that, but criticizing the film for doing the exact thing that it set out to do, as far as I could see, seems a bit unfair. It's OK if you don't like films with that level of pace or mental visuals or whatever, but objectively speaking, I don't think the film was trying to be anything it wasn't.

PressRun wrote: »
    Complaining that Mad Max is over the top seems a little silly. The film is unashamedly bat**** crazy and deliberately over the top, imo. They were clearly revelling in the madness of it all, which was a huge part of the fun, for me. The film goes at 100 miles an hour. Fine, if you don't like that, but criticizing the film for doing the exact thing that it set out to do, as far as I could see, seems a bit unfair. It's OK if you don't like films with that level of pace or mental visuals or whatever, but objectively speaking, I don't think the film was trying to be anything it wasn't.
    i just said i didnt like it, mr e_e asked why and i said why, i even said in my original post it wasnt my cup of tea, yeah it probably is unfair, but when you end up having to over analyse something that you dont want to analyse, it pisses you off even more and you go over the top, this is why i hate critics, once they take a distaste to a film they tear it to shreds for no other reason than they didnt like it and have to justify their opinion,

• Advertisement

Jurassic World
    jesus pick an easier target to explain modern film storytelling, why not use nightcrawler, whiplash or birdman, instead of picking the easiest target there is to pick, id rather a film have a great well written script and add to it with great visuals, but like i said before thats just me, it is my opinion,
    You must know that we're talking within the blockbuster action film spectrum here. There hasn't been a big action movie with this depth, level of immersive detail and pureness of vision since Inception. It's not a fair comparison at all because you're comparing a film made for the masses with mid to low budget movies that are more "for your consideration". It's completely apples and oranges.
    im sure all the car were built to look rugged and cool, i thought they looked **** myself, all the guys were just wearing retarded leather outfits, or no outfits and painted white to represent servitude,
    The cars and make-up represented more than that. Not just servitude but the blind belief the war boys have in a higher power and the community that has formed through the world being torn apart, albeit a self-destructive one at that. The cars being their only token of individuality and power. Both these things are also there to show how humanity has reverted back to tribalism too.
    it was just over the top, just like the visuals in speed racer, not as bad as that, but enough for me to take a disliking to it, i think the director should have had a better script written, instead of relying on effects to get the job done, which is a major problem hollywood has these days, and this film is no exception
    I really think you're just seeing the over-the-topness and blatantly ignoring so much of the subtle story and character beats in the film, all stemming from the script. Is it just an accident to you that milk and blood are used in very specific ways throughout the film?
    and lacks story like we always see these days, they just added a little more action, action films are a dime a dozen, we get 20 a year, yeah fair enough this has probably 50% more, but that doesnt mean its a better film,
    More story does not automatically make a film better. I think the opposite problem is the case in modern Hollywood film making, there's so much emphasis on plot and dishing out empty and convoluted narrative information that it just comes across as enervating and boring. Guardians of the Galaxy is again, the classic example for me, it should have been this wonderful and funny comedy about this group of disparate characters forming a team but it was dragged away from that central focus with all this infinity crystal bull****.
    just cause you see depth in something doesnt mean its actually there, i love to read into things to, but over time i learned there isnt always a deeper meaning to something,
    You can't accuse somebody of reading too much into things that are demonstrably there in the film. A lot of this stuff is echoed in other critical analysis and comes from the director's own mouth. Could it be that you're maybe reading too little into it?
    usual story :confused:, how is one guy taking over the womenz a usual story, max was there, thats about as much as i know, he threw his weight around a bit, to be expected, i just didnt relate to the characters,
    Ah now, you know how often we've seen seen the "man saves woman, kiss, the end." story.
    and the main bad guy was just completely moronic altogether, more over the top ****, just taking me more and more out of the film, all the extra characters are just there to make the story more convoluted, and tack on an extra 60mins, i didnt really care for them,
    He is an absurd character but the thing is the film paints a world we could never even imagine, one where everything is pulled apart and people had to pick up the pieces. The film repeatedly emphasizes what a feeble man Joe is underneath his outer shell, it's this weird charismatic persona that has fooled people that don't know any better. In a way he's no more ridiculous than any old cult leader.
    so what, i didnt really give a ****, like i said the film would have been been better without him, or if it was called furiosa, you know, after the main character in the film, the only one who drove what little plot was there forward,
    Max and Furiosa share equal screen time and like the other movies in the series Max is not the central character, he's the mythic figure that serves as the throughline to the story. Unless you count the last 15 minutes of the first movie the mission has never been his own.
    im a big believer in being sucked into a film, this film just ticked all the wrong boxes for me, i was just giving my opinion on why i didnt like it, and now that i had to expand on it further, i ****ing hate the thing even more, so cheers for that,
    ...and I'm being led to passionately defend a film I find to be extremely refreshing, unique, progressive and exciting. See, it's cathartic for both of us. ;)

Jurassic World
    i just said i didnt like it, mr e_e asked why and i said why, i even said in my original post it wasnt my cup of tea, yeah it probably is unfair, but when you end up having to over analyse something that you dont want to analyse,
    Fair enough, my bone to pick isn't really with you per se but with a lot of the completely arbitrary criticism I see around the movie. Let's just say that me and this film's negative critics have completely different priorities when it comes to enjoying movies.

But I really think this one will go on to be a classic for how it diverges from the action movies of the time and just the amount of thoughtfulness put into it. Not reading too much into it, all that stuff is there. ;)

You must know that we're talking within the blockbuster action film spectrum here. There hasn't been a big action movie with this depth, level of immersive detail and pureness of vision since Inception. It's not a fair comparison at all because you're comparing a film made for the masses with mid to low budget movies that are more "for your consideration". It's completely apples and oranges.

and your comparing it to marvel films, fine pick interstellar, django unchained, life of pi

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

...and I'm being led to passionately defend a film I find to be extremely refreshing, unique, progressive and exciting. See, it's cathartic for both of us;).

i am going over the top, ive already said that, i simply didnt like the film and cause you find a reason to question my opinion thats where it went, thats the thing when you already dont like a film, and then start to read more into it, it annoys you more, and makes you overstate any issue you already had with it,

theres noting unique there, battleship was over the top splosions to,

i dont get whats progressive about it, if you think this is the start of something ill take a wild stab in the dark that your gonna be disappointed,

exciting isnt something were lacking, there is no shortage of exciting films, once you step away from the blockbusters,

and thats about the last of the effort im gonna give this subject, the blahs arent an insult, i just really dont care, when it comes to this film, think of me as an idiot and dont bother debating,

62329473.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

The Boy Next Door
    Jesus I wish I hadn't included Mad Max on the list now!!!

Although saying that, it is the most popular movie ........ so far. :)

• Advertisement

Jurassic World
    theres noting unique there, battleship was over the top splosions to,
    Wow way to take everything I said about the film's substance and uniqueness in blockbusters and undermine it completely.

In other news, Die Hard is bad because like Transformers, it has explosions in it. :P

yeah itd have been better if i said noting :D:D

anyway i voted for Ex-Machina, Whiplash wouldve been voted for if it was there, both excellent films, that id recommend anyone to see,

Jurassic World
    anyway i voted for Ex-Machina, Whiplash wouldve been voted for if it was there, both excellent films, that id recommend anyone to see,
    Both excellent movies, something we can agree on finally. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

whiplash, minions the worst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Southpaw
    Mad Max & The Martian

Ex Machina was good but lacking something for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Jurassic World
    Mad Max gets my vote. Being a fan i was hoping for the best but preparing for the worst considering how bad Thunderdome was. Thankfully it exceeded all my expectations!

Straight out of Compton was very enjoyable also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

It Follows is my favourite of the year, one of the best horrors I've seen in many years. Ex Machina, The Gift and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl would be my other favourites in that order.

• Jurassic World
    Easily Mad Max Fury Road

Jurassic World
    Since the bump Carol has become my favorite. It's a perfect film in my eyes.

https://twitter.com/davidehrlich/status/637059108357718016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

For me, it's been Mad Max and Bridge Of Spies at thr top with honourable mention for Southpaw and Jurassic World...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Whiplash, big mad Max fan (original) didn't like the new one at all

The Boy Next Door
    Whiplash, big mad Max fan (original) didn't like the new one at all

Whiplash is a 2014 movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I have clicked on other for MacBeth. I thought it was brilliant and Fassbender was sensational. The missus on the other hand found it very hard going!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

MadDog76 wrote:
    Whiplash is a 2014 movie.

Fair enough but its the best I have seen in 2015

Jurassic World
    It's a 2015 film for Ireland, end of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Actually, I believe the thread title says, "Best Movie 2015", not "Best Movie Released In Ireland In 2015", end of a different story.

The Boy Next Door
    Fair enough but its the best I have seen in 2015
    It's a 2015 film for Ireland, end of story.
    Actually, I believe the thread title says, "Best Movie 2015", not "Best Movie Released In Ireland In 2015", end of a different story.

I watched 12 Years A Slave this year for the first time which must make it a 2015 movie ....... oh ..... no wait ...... it's still actually a 2013 movie ......... end of story. :)

There's another thread on Boards, which is quite good and very popular, dedicated to movies you watched recently ......... I started this thread about 2015 movies exclusively.

Jurassic World
    Except that 12 Years a Slave wasn't released in Ireland in 2015.

See how easy that is? It'd be great to live in an ideal world where everything comes out everywhere on the same date but we have to make do with our own personal experiences of what constitutes a new release.

The Boy Next Door
    Except that 12 Years a Slave wasn't released in Ireland in 2015.

See how easy that is? It'd be great to live in an ideal world where everything comes out everywhere on the same date but we have to make do with our own personal experiences of what constitutes a new release.

2015 is 2015 whether you like it or not. :)

• Advertisement

Jurassic World
    Also by your own logic your list has two 2014 releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ex Machina
    Must say I thought mad max was complete and utter garbage. Surprised to see it with so many votes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Jurassic World
    MadDog76 wrote: »
    2015 is 2015 whether you like it or not. :)
    Yes, and Birdman, Whiplash, Horse Money and several others were 2015 movies from where I'm standing.

Take it or leave it mate, but this dictating to other people what their year in movies was like is absurdly petty and pedantic tbh. Especially when you discredit your own theory in your opening post.

The Boy Next Door
    Yes, and Birdman, Whiplash, Horse Money and several others were 2015 movies from where I'm standing.

But ......... you'd be wrong.

Jurassic World
    MadDog76 wrote: »
    But ......... you'd be wrong.
    So you gonna make a new version of this thread at the end of 2016 to include all the 2015 ones that haven't come out yet?

The Boy Next Door
    So you gonna make a new version of this thread at the end of 2016 to include all the 2015 ones that haven't come out yet?

Maybe ......... or maybe I'll just let you start your own thread with your own "special" rules. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Jurassic World
    Happy to be wrong btw, I'll keep things simple and stay true to my own subjective experiences (of you know, the movies that came out in Irish cinemas in 2015 :eek: ) instead of crowbarring in some arbitrary and fussy rules. :P

The Boy Next Door
    Happy to be wrong btw, I'll keep things simple and stay true to my own subjective experiences (of you know, the movies that came out in Irish cinemas in 2015 :eek: ) instead of crowbarring in some arbitrary and fussy rules. :P

I have an idea .......... why don't you start a thread entitled "Best Movies Released In Ireland 2015" or "Movies e_e Saw In 2015" or "e_e's Special Movie Thread" or whatever ........ it'll give you something meaningful to do and it might even cheer you up!! :)

Jurassic World
    Look, with a thread like this you have to allow a bit of leeway in acknowledging that films come out in different places at different times and that it's entirely based on subjective experience anyway. This strict policing of what constitutes a 2015 is all too rigid since it's different depending on the viewer. That's all I'm saying, and if you make a 2016 thread and I post Hateful Eight in it you'll just have to put up with that. ;)

The Boy Next Door
    Look, with a thread like this you have to allow a bit of leeway in acknowledging that films come out in different places at different times and that it's entirely based on subjective experience anyway. This strict policing of what constitutes a 2015 is all too rigid since it's different depending on the viewer. That's all I'm saying, and if you make a 2016 thread and I post Hateful Eight in it you'll just have to put up with that. ;)

You're entitled to post your opinion on any thread you wish .......... but when you're wrong and I correct you you'll just have to put up with that. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭b318isp

Interstellar, The Theory of Everything, Whiplash and Brooklyn - none of which are in the poll! From the poll, I did enjoy ExMachina most - but it was too drawn out. Any others listed, which I've seen, are ho-hum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement