Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 dead including Garda following shooting Omeath Co Louth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

snubbleste wrote: »
    It is believed members of the gardaí were responding to a call in relation to a domestic incident.
    Not definitive.

What is the mania on AH to bicker over pedantic wording in the face of tragedy? When you know what you're actually talking about come back an comment.
    This is a domestic tragedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Jesus shocking news, I'm fairly familiar with o Meath,such a nice quiet little place.

RIP to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Our "friends" in the North no doubt. The peninsula always a hot bed.
    I have to say this is another good example of a media outlet being far too quick to try to be first and possibly wrong.

Some ****ing neck on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Feel so guilty, celebrating in the pub for the match, when you hear things like this happen.

It's an utter tragedy but you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Awful weekend and another poor man who went to work and didn't come home :( RIP to all involved :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yes, I saw the irony as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

RIP to those lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Terrible. A garda just doing his job! I think all members on AGS should be armed. I know alot of people think otherwise but they would be treated with alot more respect if they were armed. With this and the fire that happened in Dublin it's been a sad weekend. Life is so fragile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Terrible. A garda just doing his job! I think all members on AGS should be armed. I know alot of people think otherwise but they would be treated with alot more respect if they were armed. With this and the fire that happened in Dublin it's been a sad weekend. Life is so fragile

Adrian Donohue was armed, it didn't help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

What a horrible weekend, between the fire in Carrickmines, the suicide bombings in Ankara and now gun violence in Louth. It is just shocking, the poor Garda out doing his job and walked into that. It is just awful and senseless.
    Condolences and prayers for all the people affected. It was so not necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Five people shot. A mass shooting by any other standards, domestic or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Two confirmed dead inc the Garda. The third is stable in hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Awful awful news. Despite all the criticism there's still a lot of respect for guards and the awful situations they have to confront. Thoughts with his poor family and the dead woman's.

donvito99 wrote: »
    Five people shot. A mass shooting by any other standards, domestic or not.

Source for 5 shot??????

Source for 5 shot??????

Three dead, another garda shot - in the head reportedly, fighting for life - and another woman brought to hospital. Just following on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

A gun doesn't get you respect. I think most Gardai would prefer to have proper armed support to call on than be armed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Berkieahern

donvito99 wrote: »
    Three dead, another garda shot - in the head reportedly, fighting for life - and another woman brought to hospital. Just following on twitter

Two dead including the guard. The wife survived the shooting, don't know her condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

To be fair, we should probably hold our media to a higher standard than we do anonymous individuals on an internet forum.

Some reports are saying three Gardai were shot, and the two from the same family.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Source for 5 shot??????

Why do people always ask for this, just look for yourself, not that hard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

RIP to all those who have died.

Was looking for info on a Garda benevolent fund - didn't see anything about electronic donations.
    If you would like to make a donation to the Garda Benevolent Trust Fund you can send a cheque, postal order or bank draft to:

The Secretary, Garda Benevolent Trust Fund, 4th Floor, Phibsboro Tower, Phibsboro, Dublin 7.

Please include your name and full Postal address, as a receipt is issued for all donations received.

info@gardabenevolent.ie

(01) 830 71 55

On Sky News they say the Gardai is in his 30s and was married with three children, what can one say to something so senseless.

They also say another man is dead and a woman seriously injured. So hopefully the story of fivr people being shot was just bad reporting elsewhere.

RobertKK wrote: »
    On Sky News they say the Gardai is in his 30s and was married with three children, what can one say to something so senseless.

They also say another man is dead and a woman seriously injured. So hopefully the story of fivr people being shot was just bad reporting elsewhere.
    It was reported that another garda had been shot in the head, but the statement from the guards doesn't mention that. Hopefully confusion in the immediate reporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

RobertKK wrote: »

Christ that is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Negative_G

The Journal (I know) now reporting that the gun man was a 'well known dissident republican'.

RIP to the Gardai and the other innocent victims.

Cowardly act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Reports on twitter suggesting a crime scene that may be linked to this found in Newry.

Horrific. RIP to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

No mention of second Garda casualty, below is the report from the Journal

THREE PEOPLE HAVE died in a shooting incident in Louth this evening.

One garda was killed in the shooting, which happened at around 6pm at a house in Omeath, near Carlingford.

Two others – a husband and wife – have also died.

It is believed the man, a well-known dissident republican, killed his wife before shooting the garda and himself.

Gardaí have confirmed that one of the deceased was an on-duty member of the Garda Síochána.

murpho999 wrote: »

I have looked and I live locally. Nothing about a total of five yet. So I still say, source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Adams expresses his sympathy, Ferris probably planning the getaway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

murpho999 wrote: »

It's hard when nothing is showing up to suggest 5 were shot =/

Besides if someone here is saying that's the case then it's hardly too much to ask of them to provide a source

Advertisement