Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diswellstown Manor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭digiman

Zilch wrote: »
    I haven't been here in a long time. My friend told me she was reading this and it was something I should read as my house is up for sale. Before I either write in the wrong place, am I allowed offer another house as a suggestion?

Suggest away, or PM me. Assuming its a 2nd hand house?

Has anybody who put down a deposit got a contract yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zilch

digiman wrote: »
    Suggest away, or PM me. Assuming its a 2nd hand house?

I have friends that told me this was being discussed here. I have a 2nd hand house on the same road. My home is bigger, has a huge garden because its 20 years old, has an excellent BER rating. It hasn't a crack in any ceiling or wall. And best of all its priced cheaper. So even if people were to get a new kitchen put in, they'd still save. Ive been told by my E.A. who also happens to be the E.A. for those, that people want all new fittings. I'm probably asking for a bit of psychology here but why would people want to not even consider mine and possibly more importantly I think there is a conflict of interest. Would anyone else think the same? Or better still know for a fact that it is. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GPereira

hi everyone, a couple of quick questions on this. I'm interested in buying a 3 bedroom semi in either HP or DM. Preference would be HP but am worried about their availability - was told by SF in the last viewing that 3 beds for phase 1 they were all bought in two days. That's why I'm considering also DM. As per traffic, it thought from DM heading to Castleknock would be tougher than from HP. I'll need to drive to Coolmine train station everyday in the morning and park there (it's around 900m) - does someone know how bad is Carpenterstown in the morning from St Patrick's until the train station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Five minutes on a bike, on the other hand…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Zilch

GPereira wrote: »
    hi everyone, a couple of quick questions on this. I'm interested in buying a 3 bedroom semi in either HP or DM. Preference would be HP but am worried about their availability - was told by SF in the last viewing that 3 beds for phase 1 they were all bought in two days. That's why I'm considering also DM. As per traffic, it thought from DM heading to Castleknock would be tougher than from HP. I'll need to drive to Coolmine train station everyday in the morning and park there (it's around 900m) - does someone know how bad is Carpenterstown in the morning from St Patrick's until the train station?

It's fairly hectic. You have to get through the traffic for the primary school, a secondary school, and the tail back from a train station track being lowered every couple of minutes for morning traffic which means a queue all the way back from Carpenterstown. I've seen people go the wrong way around the roundabout just to get past it.. There are 2 Lollipop ladies on each side of the road, i.e on if you wanted to head in either direction. Every parent in my own estate seems to drive their child/ren to school so the cars parked up all along the round around the primary is crazy. My husband has 2 choices to get to work when he comes out of the gates of Carpenterstown. Go right - but then he encounters all the traffic heading for the train station and the level crossing seems to only go up for a few minutes at that time of the morning letting through 15 cars if you are very lucky. He also finds no one will let him out of the estate, people go into yellow boxes and stay sitting on roundabouts because I guess everyone else is up against the clock too. However if he goes left, i.e. the direction you are coming from in order to go over the new bridge, he has to get past Castleknock Community College, and because kids have to get across at the pedestrian lights, his situation is that the lollipop lady has no movement at this time of the road so she is out on the road a lot. Another reason he can't get out onto the road. After that he meets 3 more lollipop ladies. Two being where you are coming from. There are no buses up to where my husband works or he'd definitely use them. He'd get there quicker and cheaper and with less hassle. It takes him exactly 1 hour to travel 4 miles with 40 being spent on the Carpenterstown Road. Unless you have to give someone else a lift, perhaps getting a bike to get to the train station would be a lot quicker for you. But unless you are a dab hand on the bike you are still going to be stuck in queues. I think you might be a bit more than 900 metres away from the point where you walk out your front door up until you get to Coolmine Station. I know this may not be what you would like to hear but I hope it helps with your decision making choices for transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Diswellstown is a residential road. It has 4~5 schools either on it, or very close to it. So it was always busy at peak time. The immediate area in every direction has always been busy going back decades. In the middle of that is a busy train line and level crossing.

To put the icing on the cake though, the planners in their wisdom also recently opened it up to commuting traffic coming in from Lucan and also the Clonsilla/Blanch centre, (both directions, obviously going out of town and into it).

As a result its bumper to bumper now at peak times. If driving I avoid it between 7.30 and 9am myself. Outside of that its fine. You can walk to the train in 15~20 mins though. Cycle it in 5 mins. Theres cycle lockers at the train station. or just get a folding bike and bring it with you. Mind you trains are usually standing only at peak.

They are provisional plans to bypass the level crossing with another bridge. Which will feed more traffic into the area. So its not going to get better. In the long run I'd consider other options, of switching your journey times, or mode of transport. Cycling is a great option from D.15 to most of Dublin. An electric bike makes it easier again.

beauf wrote: »
    Diswellstown is a residential road. It has 4~5 schools either on it, or very close to it. So it was always busy at peak time. The immediate area in every direction has always been busy going back decades. In the middle of that is a busy train line and level crossing.

To put the icing on the cake though, the planners in their wisdom also recently opened it up to commuting traffic coming in from Lucan and also the Clonsilla/Blanch centre, (both directions, obviously going out of town and into it).

As a result its bumper to bumper now at peak times. If driving I avoid it between 7.30 and 9am myself. Outside of that its fine. You can walk to the train in 15~20 mins though. Cycle it in 5 mins. Theres cycle lockers at the train station. or just get a folding bike and bring it with you. Mind you trains are usually standing only at peak.

They are provisional plans to bypass the level crossing with another bridge. Which will feed more traffic into the area. So its not going to get better. In the long run I'd consider other options, of switching your journey times, or mode of transport. Cycling is a great option from D.15 to most of Dublin. An electric bike makes it easier again.

What's your experience of the porterstown road? I would imagine it is much less busy but would also tail back at Myos and the lights before that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I don't use it at peak. I assume it tails back at Castleknock College, and at the junction with Diswellstown at Dr Troy Bridge. Same with Strawberry beds backs up either end, I assume as it does this at other times if its in anyway busy. You have to remember even when you get through these junctions, theres all tailbacks at Castleknock village, Chapelizod, The Phoenix park. Each one might take 10~15 mins but its all cumulative.

That said some people much prefer sitting in traffic for an hour, than the alternative. So it depends on your tolerance level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Myself and my wife are very interested in purchasing in Diswellstown, but one thing stands out, the price Difference between Diswellstown and Bracken Park.
    Can anyone shed any light on why a 5 Bed Semi in Bracken Park is going for €735k and Diswellstown is €620k.
    Is it the access to schools and shops or is there more to it than that?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Myself and my wife are very interested in purchasing in Diswellstown, but one thing stands out, the price Difference between Diswellstown and Bracken Park.
    Can anyone shed any light on why a 5 Bed Semi in Bracken Park is going for €735k and Diswellstown is €620k.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Thanks

Probably 2 fold:

1) Diswellstown Manor is more Porterstown than Carpenterstown. it certainly feels that way if you're driving to it anyway. DM includes pedestrian access through to Carpernterstown in their plans though. If that goes ahead then it'll probably actually be quicker to walk from DM to the train station than Bracken. I've only ever seen this access referred to as "Proposed". If there was any issues with providing pedestrian access, DM would definitely feel disconnected from Carpenterstown.

2) Less convoluted reason - the Bracken 5 bed is nearly 300 sq foot bigger and having been in both, the Bracken 5 bed has a better layout.

Not sure either of those justify such a big difference obviously but there the only reasons I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all. Sorry for dragging up an old thread. I am looking to rent a property in either Diswellstown Manor or Hamilton Park, If anybody knows of any availability please PM me.

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi all. Sorry for dragging up an old thread. I am looking to rent a property in either Diswellstown Manor or Hamilton Park, If anybody knows of any availability please PM me.

Many thanks

That's what daft.ie is for.

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement