Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hmv Store

Options
  • 11-10-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

After boycotting Hmv because of vouchers we lost me and my partner switched to Tower but after a few less than positive encounters with staff we just switched to streaming services like spotify and netflix. We do kinda miss going into the shops and browsing , plus we have more room now to expand our collections again. So i was wondering which is the best store to pop into and spend an hour or so browsing. We really need to update our music collection with some new CD's and pick up some old ones too. Same goes for our dvd collection. Im not even sure what stores are open now. I know grafton street and dundrum are open but have never gone in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SonicBoom87

Hmmm maybe pick up some Beatles albums :)

No Replies? Hmm has anyone shopped in any of the stores? Any you recommend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

I haven't been to the one in Dundrum in a while, 6 months or more, but they always seemed to have a decent selection of CDs. They significantly reduced the amount of CDs and DVDs they stocked in the Grafton St one when they moved across the street to a smaller premises.

Alternatives to HMV would be The Secret Book and Record Store (Freebird) on Wicklow St who have a great selection of 2nd hand and new CDs as do Spin Dizzy in the George's St arcade.

Tower on Dawson St would defintely have the biggest/most varied selection but that seems to be no go..... :pac:

oh thanks for the info! right now were making a list of what we want to get :D

Advertisement