Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one, why?

Options
  • 11-10-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭

My son has a xbox 360 with about 40 games controllers ,mics , etc...
    now for xmas would like a xbox one, as far as i know none of the xbox 360 games/controllers etc.. will work with this, so now he will have to start his collection all over again, so what is the major benefit in the new xbox one to someone who already has a 360 , with plenty of games ?.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    now for xmas would like a xbox one, as far as i know none of the xbox 360 games/controllers etc.. will work with this, so now he will have to start his collection all over again, so what is the major benefit in the new xbox one to someone who already has a 360 , with plenty of games ?.

Hi Scoop, as time goes on, less and less games will be released for the Xbox 360, so eventually you'll get to the point where you literally can't buy any new games. There is, of course, still hundreds of games in the 360 back catalogue that will be cheap at this stage already.

While you're right that the controllers won't work, the games actually will, at least from mid-November/early December, as Microsoft have managed to enable backward compatability. It's an on-going process though, rather than something instant, so at launch there'll be a hundred games or so, and more added over time.

Argos is usually the best place to buy a One, but you should ask in the bargains thread as they'll usually have the best price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Scoop, you also mentioned mic's etc - if by that you mean a gaming headset, the majority of these will now work with xbox one, but you need to buy a 20€ adapter to get them to work.

personally, i wouldnt advise anyone to get rid of a functioning 360, if you get an xbox 1, the same xbox live subscription can be used for both, and as I've done myself, it can be relocated to another room and makes for a great dvd player / netflix / rte player box as well as playing games when the mood takes me (which is less and less these days as the Xbox one starts to build its games library).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

EA access...i havent paid full price for a game in over a year because of this service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Imagine its like a phone. Lets say you have one of those nokia flip phones. Basically when they came out everyone had them, but soon new phones came. When the iPhone came out it could do a lot more things. There was more games, it was a lot faster, you could do group chats and facetime.

See the hardware on the 360 is a bit old, on the xbox one, people can make bigger games, bigger parties ( to talk to more people) and overall its a better experience

Advertisement