Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big 4 Departments?

Options
  • 11-10-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all.
    I am currently completing 'milkround' applications for the Big 4 and am seeking advice on departments.

I am keen to pursue the ACA qualification and I want to pursue the option/department that will leave me with the greatest exit opportunities on completion of a contract.

To date and from what I have read on here, audit departments may offer more opportunities going forward from the Big 4 than a department primarily involved in Tax. I have heard that tax can lead to more limited exit opportunities as you can essentially be 'bracketed off' into tax related work. I would love to hear from people who are/have experiencing/experienced life within these departments and the day-to-day work that they involve.

What is the day to day work like, opportunities after?

Thank you in advance!

Advertisement