Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful Apps/Websites for LC

• 11-10-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey,
    Just thought I'd share some websites I've found useful so far that may be of benefit to others, and hopefully some other users can share some more :)

Quizlet - Essentially you make your own/use others online flashcards. What's cool about it though is you can test yourself & play 'games' such as matching the terms and definitions to help you learn. Really useful for languages.
    StudyClix, Mocks.ie, Scoil.ie - For notes on all the subjects

vocabulix.com - Found it really helpful for checking if I am conjugating my verbs correctly.
    leavingcerthistory.- Really good resource for History
    leavingcertenglish.ie - Really good resource, this time for English
    davidwilson.ie/class-notes.html -I've found this amazing for Accounting as I really didn't understand the way my sub teacher thought it at all.

And if you tend to get distracted by Twitter or Facebook and the likes while using the Internet for Homework/Study...
    StayFocused for Google Chrome or LeechBlock for Firefox are brilliant. You decide which websites you want to block for certain periods of time/only allowed use for certain periods of time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Gulfstream757

I think everyone doing applied maths or physics will know how great thephysicsteacher.ie is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

I have an app called Ankidroid for making flashcards, I only use it for languages but you can use it for whatever information you want. Each day it gives you a certain number of cards to study depending on when you last studied them, so it's a really efficient way of keeping track of them, as well as being a lot easier than having to write out and store hundreds of paper flashcards. It's only on android at the moment unfortunately

Advertisement