Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ps4 headset

Options
  • 11-10-2015 11:42pm

Getting a new headset.
    Any recommendations?
    Got 100e

The less wiring the better!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Getting a new headset.
    Any recommendations?
    Got 100e

The less wiring the better!

Thanks

On mobile, so no link, check Argos for "ps4 headset" €95 for official wireless set.

Seen that one but was wondering what other options were there.

Edit-
    Does the sony one not have a built in mic?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Seen that one but was wondering what other options were there.

Edit-
    Does the sony one not have a built in mic?
    Crystal clear internal microphone.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2746269/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4+HEADSET.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Would you buy a second hand headset?

One thing I deffo wouldn't be buying used....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

F1ngers wrote: »
    On mobile, so no link, check Argos for "ps4 headset" €95 for official wireless set.

I have this one, its great, super sound quality and the battery is really good. You can download an app aswell that lets you load presets for different games on to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

F1ngers wrote: »

Just so you have the option, and if you have one nearby, you can get this headset for €85 in Smyths.
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-6492/sony-playstation-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0/

Have it myself and have had no issues at all, great headset.

gamestop have it for 76e too

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Few things to watch out for with the PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0

It is made of plastic and it folds so any sort of rough treatment and the hinges will snap. The wireless receiver is a USB dongle so it takes up one of the two USB ports and the receiver sticks out the front of the PS4.

After a year of daily use, the battery does not last as long as it used to. You'll still get 3 to 4 hours out of it on a full charge but just to be aware of it in case this bothers you.

Apart from that the sound quality is fantastic and the built in microphone is great. The virtual surround mode works very well and there is a free companion app available from the PS Store that allows you to load sound profiles for certain selected games.

good advice!
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Fieldog wrote: »
    Would you buy a second hand headset?

One thing I deffo wouldn't be buying used....

Yes I would.

In my experience of Cex...most of the stuff like headset's are more like new than second hand .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yes I would.

In my experience of Cex...most of the stuff like headset's are more like new than second hand .

I fully understand when it comes to games and peripherals and the like, I just wouldn't want someone else's wax in my ears... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Fieldog wrote: »
    I fully understand when it comes to games and peripherals and the like, I just wouldn't want someone else's wax in my ears... :)

Lol I wouldn't either but I'm sure he isn't talking about in ear buds lol
    I would buy from cex or used either no bother, would suggest to the op to keep an eye out for a used pair of Astro a50, or save for a new pair, can be got new now and again around 250 probably 150 used but well worth the money

Edit check adverts 3 pairs on there! If ya can push the extra 50

Advertisement